CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Does anyone know which armor has flames on the front and skulls on the arms?  Most of the armor I've seen has been pretty lame but that one looked dope as fuck.  Don't want to give 343 any more money but I feel like buying a ton of silver packs to look for it.

Recruit Proven has flames on it and a skull on the top of the helmet (no skulls on the arms though).

Is that the one you mean? 

Only decent weapon skin is the Dying Star and I have no idea if that's a Warzone weapon or an actual skin.

Why would it be a skin? It's on a Light Rifle. It's a Warzone (Power) Weapon

Why would it be a skin? It's on a Light Rifle. It's a Warzone (Power) Weapon

Come on, Ryan. You know as well as I do that Orange is the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So. When the new dashboard is out I can stream gameplay and play off my laptop screen?

You don't need the new dashboard for that feature it's been working for a couple months already

What would be the point of increased RRR but then lowering the bullet magnetism? You have to realize that when the reticle is red, the bullets connect regardless. You'd just be switching them back and forth and the main end result would be that the reticle sticks to people from further away, which would translate in making the pistol just easier across the board.

I think it'd just be a lot easier to spawn people with a BR instead... not that I advocate that.

Halo CE says hi to bolded. 

Although maybe RRR isn't the correct term, I mean farther out reticle magnetism but much lower bullet magnetism. I'm seeing a lot of shots that shouldn't count as a hit but do because of the huge bullet magnetism and that's annoying. I'd rather see people have to be very precise with shots and maybe have a bit more help with aim magnetism than less aim magnetism and very high bullet magnetism. If that makes sense. 

TL:DR 

High aim assist + Low Bullet Magnetism  >  Low aim assist + High Bullet Magnetism 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@TheIcePrincess, we have nearly the same stats and playtime, yet your SR is WAY higher.  I'm confused.

Pretty sure that's time in the playlist. She has WAAAAAY more total time played than you. 

That's different because of Projectile

Just because it's hitscan doesn't mean they can't tone down the bullet magnetism and make the requirements for a hit much more narrow. 

No, and I don't really care to try, for tons of reasons I don't care to list. 

t(-_-t)

If the Boss Nasti memes can be used, they will be used.

Halo CE says hi to bolded. 

Although maybe RRR isn't the correct term, I mean farther out reticle magnetism but much lower bullet magnetism. I'm seeing a lot of shots that shouldn't count as a hit but do because of the huge bullet magnetism and that's annoying. I'd rather see people have to be very precise with shots and maybe have a bit more help with aim magnetism than less aim magnetism and very high bullet magnetism. If that makes sense. 

TL:DR 

High aim assist + Low Bullet Magnetism  >  Low aim assist + High Bullet Magnetism 

CE wasn't hitscan though. Hitscan will make a shot connect if the reticle is red and that's the end of that.

I'm not sure I agree with high aim assist + low bullet magnetism though. It's frustrating when your reticle is sticking onto someone but your bullets aren't counting and trying to make a minute adjustment either takes your reticle too far (off-target) or doesn't move at all. It's similar to how Halo 5 is when aiming up close (often too much or not enough).

I think having more freedom with the reticle and aiming, and therefore being able to snap on and off target without trouble is better. It also prevents missing because someone jumped in front of your reticle and pulled it off target.

EDIT: Though despite all of this, I'm not against lowering bullet magnetism across the board.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just because it's hitscan doesn't mean they can't tone down the bullet magnetism and make the requirements for a hit much more narrow. 

No but he's saying that because of hitscan, if you increased the RRR then it would be a guaranteed hit.

Howcome? Get a mixamp, plug the usb into the pc and optical into the xbox, sound on both at the same time.

When I do that with my atros it will cancel out one of the audio sources. It literally refuses to play both at the same time.

This is with the newest a50s/ mixamp on the newest software.

No but he's saying that because of hitscan, if you increased the RRR then it would be a guaranteed hit.

And I already said RRR is not the correct term, my bad, I was meaning farther out aim magentism. The zoom battles in this game are almost pointless. 

When I do that with my atros it will cancel out one of the audio sources. It literally refuses to play both at the same time.

This is with the newest a50s/ mixamp on the newest software.

A50's are the problem you are having. No need to have Wireless headsets for gaming, more useful for travelling.

Pretty sure that's time in the playlist. She has WAAAAAY more total time played than you. 

I don't know what it is. My time in the playlist CAN'T be 15 hours, since I've only played enough to get ranked, and my overall time is, of course, higher than what's presented there.

I don't know what it is. My time in the playlist CAN'T be 15 hours, since I've only played enough to get ranked, and my overall time is, of course, higher than what's presented there.

Total Arena playtime, Warzone not included?