CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Bungie interacted with the community allllll the time.

"Interacted"

Lol, riiiiiiiight.

I just want settings and maps that people can't hide on. The radar in 4's is bad enough, but it straight up breaks 1v1 and 2v2. I sincerely hope that when the Team Doubles playlist comes out they will use maps like Truth and Regret rather than campy maps like Empire and Plaza. There should NOT be shotguns in 2v2 period. Every map must have some sort of power weapon placed in a spot that is dangerous, and not in some basement or in some corner. 

Fuck that was frustrating.

Nothing wrong with Plaza, in fact, it reminds me a bit of Damnation and Chillout with all its verticality and segmented areas.

The problems are the weapons/power ups and the radar and easy spam weapons.

Precision weapons need a buff and the spray and pray weapons all need a SLIGHT nerf. Kill times in this game still aren't fast enough.

I think Plaza has potential with the right weapon/power up layout. Too bad we can't actually customise it without Forge yet...

I only played Halo 1 on MCC, so don't take my word for it, but I feel like Halo 5's pistol is even harder than Halo 1's pistol in MCC.

No way. I land 5 shots in Halo 5 FAR more often than I land 3 shots in Halo 1 and it should be way harder to land all 5 shots in a row. This is with less than 12 hours actual game time as well BTW since I was overseas and haven't had a good chance to play long hours yet.

Yup, people have been saying this since the invitational... it should be dropped on the floor if the person who grabbed it is killed before the animation ends.

Or they should just make it so it's an automatic instant pick up just like every other arena FPS ever made since no one has ever complained about it before.

I understand 343 wants to put their own spin on things, but they seriously choose some of the dumbest shit to change.

"Ok guys, should we work on some extra maps or do we want to waste time testing 8 second respawns in Slayer even though 5 seconds has worked fine since 2001?"

"Oh, lets make Slayer spawns 8 seconds and while we're at it, we should put some stupid animation on the OS because apparently we're going for some realism in a freakin' arena FPS we're we grenade jump over a wall while pulling off a 420BLAZIEITMLGNOSCOPE™"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did halo 2 have party restrictions? Or is halo 3 the only halo which had this feature?

Even Halo 4 had party restrictions in some playlists like Throwdown, Doubles and CTF.

@@Pyroteq I think the OS animation is here so people dont just mindlessly boom rush the OS with sprint and thruster, but clear the area first a little bit before picking it up.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I thought the new dashbaord was out today?

It is scheduled for today (unless it changed). Hopefully it'll start rolling out soon.

Anybody else here that would rather have a longer RRR and maybe even BR or DMR levels of aim assist on the pistol but just much lower bullet magnetism? I hate that you get rewarded with so many hits that are clearly not on target thanks to all the bullet magnetism and I hate zoom battles with the pistol, the zoom just doesn't fell good at all and a lot of cross map battles are pointless if you just have the pistol. Sure, you might ping a player here and there but rarely ever do you get an unassisted kill with it cross map. 

Just checked for a system update and I have one downloading right now - could be the new dash. Will edit this comment and let you know - @@Cooper

It is scheduled for today (unless it changed). Hopefully it'll start rolling out soon.

The new Dashboard is out for everyone. Go to Settings/Console then download the update.

• Upvote (+1) 2

New dash is quite nice.

Messed around with the button mapping to get a new control scheme.

Playing on bumper jumper with RB swapped with X and X swapped with B so I have thrust on RB, reload on X and melee on B. Makes navigating menus a bit weird though...

Assuming you're talking about the Elite Controller and not the standard?

My major fixes for Halo 5 gaurdians. These are MY fixes, and what I want. You have the right to not agree.

- Aiming Fix

- Party Restrictions

- Melee while jumping

- Impulse Triggers need to be toggle

- Remove Sprint

- Grenades NERFED

- Changing Team Arena: Radar off, Pistol start no secondary

- Make the Pistol a 4sk, or make the BR start and nerf the aim assist, and bullet mag

- Better map rotation

- Fix all spawns on maps

- Add Social

• Upvote (+1) 8

Assuming you're talking about the Elite Controller and not the standard?

Nope, new dash allows button mapping for standard controllers too.

Edit: what's the problem with jumping melees by the way? I haven't really noticed anything...

New dash is quite nice.

Playing on bumper jumper with RB swapped with X and X swapped with B so I have thrust on RB, reload on X and melee on B. Makes navigating menus a bit weird though...

That's my only qualm with button remapping.

I would have preferred if Halo just had totally custom buttons ingame.

Edit: what's the problem with jumping melees by the way? I haven't really noticed anything...

If you jump and melee there is a slight (1-2sec) delay.

There is a delay when trying to melee while in the air, the game is waiting to see if you're trying to ground pound instead. 

Holy shit I'm excited for that.

And if you jump, your melee in the air is delayed. The game has to decide if you're going for a ground pound or melee so it prioritises the former.

@@Pyroteq I think the OS animation is here so people dont just mindlessly boom rush the OS with sprint and thruster, but clear the area first a little bit before picking it up.

That was never an issue in any previous Halo game so why the change now?

Hell, Quake 3 has players strafe jumping at Mach 3 and then rocket jumping straight into a Quad Damage powerup as it spawns 10X's faster than any Halo 5 gameplay.

If a player manages to mindlessly rush the OS then perhaps the other team was mindless in defending it and locking down the area to make sure that doesn't happen?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's my only qualm with button remapping.

I would have preferred if Halo just had totally custom buttons ingame.

Yup. The Xbox One now having custom button mapping is absolutely zero excuse for 343 to not have custom button mapping in game.

I can customise my keyboard and mouse to do whatever the hell I want, hell I can even make a key on my keyboard perform 20 button macros if I want, but pretty much every single PC game I play, even the ones made by 2 guys in a basement have the ability to customise my key layout in game.

I don't understand why 343 goes through all the trouble of coming up with different layout styles when they could just let us do it ourselves.

Nope, I'm in Florida lol. Its obviously a Halo 5 probably because even on Smash 4 a game that has a bad reputation for having laggy online doesn't lag for me. @@Sal1ent @@Deez @@Bravo please fix these servers it is unplayable for me most of the time.

I live in Orlando, been having zero issues. My buddy that I play with has Comcast and never says anything about lag. My boy with AT&T DSL tho? Forever got issues.

Nothing wrong with Plaza, in fact, it reminds me a bit of Damnation and Chillout with all its verticality and segmented areas.

The problems are the weapons/power ups and the radar and easy spam weapons.

Precision weapons need a buff and the spray and pray weapons all need a SLIGHT nerf. Kill times in this game still aren't fast enough.

If you think the killtimes in the game aren't "fast enough", then don't nerf weaponry; bring everything else up around said weapon's standard. The AR issue could easily be fixed with a 4 shot Magnum, without nerfing it, much like the DMR was "fixed" in Halo 4 by buffing everything else, while keeping it the same, past a small range nerf. The Storm Rifle is at a disadvantage with its spray nature by having a very fast heat up and slow cool down time, whereas the Suppressor has a slow wind up time and slow moving projectiles which need to be lead (Same case for the Storm Rifle, projectile wise. It lacks hitscan.), despite having homing properties. The two weapons are powerful, but fine as they are, especially since they're limited to map pickups. The AR is mainly the issue since you spawn with it.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I love how on the competitive Halo forum everyone's lists of H5's flaws says something about a lack of social playlists.

You know you made a dumb decision when

• Upvote (+1) 3

My major fixes for Halo 5 gaurdians. These are MY fixes, and what I want. You have the right to not agree.

- Aiming Fix

- Party Restrictions

- Melee while jumping

- Impulse Triggers need to be toggle

- Remove Sprint

- Grenades NERFED

- Changing Team Arena: Radar off, Pistol start no secondary

- Make the Pistol a 4sk, or make the BR start and nerf the aim assist, and bullet mag

- Better map rotation

- Fix all spawns on maps

- Add Social

I agree with all of this. The grenades are way too powerful and take no skill to get kills with anymore. The pistol needs to be a 4sk with a slighly longer RRR. Bullet magnetism is insane with the BR/DMR/Light Rifle/Sniper they need to tone it down.

I love how on the competitive Halo forum everyone's lists of H5's flaws says something about a lack of social playlists.

You know you made a dumb decision when

Shit I didn't realize this was the "competitive halo" forum. Are you speaking about teambeyond.net in general or this forum specifically?