CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah I don't think Empire plays CTF too well. You get spawn killed often, and it takes one unfortunate spawn for the other team to escape with a cap. TS isn't bad, though I think the shotgun in tower has a negative impact on the flow of the map... and plasma caster doesn't seem like enough of an incentive for people to be on the outside of the map often (replace w/ rockets?)

Strongholds is fun though.

Dual Sniper in the beta was so much better.

Grenade Launcher and Sniper would be perfect but you know....

Adventure Time was decent on this back when I used to watch it.

Marcy and Bubblegum are dating now btw. Its actually canon, I'm not even joking.

Controller remapping is coming out soon, on Nov. 16th, what are you guys going to map your buttons to?

I'm going to do Bumper Jumper but Thrust on LT, Nades on B, and reload on X.

Hasn't button remapping been available for a little bit now? If not, isn't it meant to be coming with the new dashboard in an hour?

I like how josh holmes just completely stopped interacting with the community as soon as the game launched.

Sigh

I miss bungie.

he was here after the game launched. And I find it hilarious that you miss bungie.

So me and my dubs partner are 13-0 in PGL dubs and we come across the number 4 team, and lose first game on Eden 25-5 lmao. They literally corner camped with shotgun and rockets all game, and we had no choice but to push them. Each of our pushes was planned out and coordinated, but there was simply nothing we could do. Next game was Plaza where we won OS and were up 2-0. They camped in corners for a full minute until my OS went out, then got 2 kills with grenades. 2-2 now, they go back to hiding in the corner with SMGs. Same thing happened as Eden at that point. 

I just want settings and maps that people can't hide on. The radar in 4's is bad enough, but it straight up breaks 1v1 and 2v2. I sincerely hope that when the Team Doubles playlist comes out they will use maps like Truth and Regret rather than campy maps like Empire and Plaza. There should NOT be shotguns in 2v2 period. Every map must have some sort of power weapon placed in a spot that is dangerous, and not in some basement or in some corner. 

Fuck that was frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anybody down to play some mcc ce/ h5?

Been loving h5 but man its the least fun solo. I may have a few drinks in me, so anyone down for some casual fun add me

gt: shadowkhan nc

I'll play h5 tomorrow

Gt- xWicked Swami

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol no. The BR was made popular by Halo 2 and 3.

2 games, congrats. Before Halo 2 it was the pistol and after Halo 3 it was the DMR in Reach.

The DMR is better than the BR in every possible way and it deserves to be the "staple" gun more than the BR which has always had issues shooting at range and its ease of use thanks to the burst nature.

halo 2 halo 3 halo 4 halo 2 anniUersary...the br's function changed to accomodate the change in the game...its able to do that because its an extremely adaptable and balanced weapon...and get the fuck out of here dude the dmr is ridiculously easy to use...its so accurate and has such long range that its really not that hard to use...people like you exaggerate the skill gap between single and burst fire weapons...yeah single fire will haUe a higher skill gap but not to the extent that some people imply...its consistancy alone mean you can hit them anywhere on the body eUen just barely skim them and the bullet will do full damage eUery time...again im not saying burst has higher skill gap but its not as far behind single fire as some people imply...the main reason i think the br is a better starting weapon in general is because oUerall its a more balanced starting weapon...and especially in halo 5 where you haUe a powerful automatic as a starting weapon and a bunch of other OP automatics as map pick ups it might not be a bad idea to haUe a weapon like the br that is a little easier to use...mainly with the final shot....the first 4 shots with the pistol are easy as hell its just the kill shot that can be a little easy to choke sometimes

• Downvote (-1) 6

halo 2 halo 3 halo 4 halo 2 anniUersary...the br's function changed to accomodate the change in the game...its able to do that because its an extremely adaptable and balanced weapon...and get the fuck out of here dude the dmr is ridiculously easy to use...its so accurate and has such long range that its really not that hard to use...people like you exaggerate the skill gap between single and burst fire weapons...yeah single fire will haUe a higher skill gap but not to the extent that some people imply...its consistancy alone mean you can hit them anywhere on the body eUen just barely skim them and the bullet will do full damage eUery time...again im not saying burst has higher skill gap but its not as far behind single fire as some people imply...the main reason i think the br is a better starting weapon in general is because oUerall its a more balanced starting weapon...and especially in halo 5 where you haUe a powerful automatic as a starting weapon and a bunch of other OP automatics as map pick ups it might not be a bad idea to haUe a weapon like the br that is a little easier to use...mainly with the final shot....the first 4 shots with the pistol are easy as hell its just the kill shot that can be a little easy to choke sometimes

Please get a new fucking keyboard.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but...

You're giving me an aneurysm.

the br's function changed to accomodate the change in the game...its able to do that because its an extremely adaptable and balanced weapon...

What? The BRs shared no characteristics outside of visuals and theme...

NXOE is live for me. Settings, system, update.

Time to see if preview members are on the final build.

We do.

its an extremely adaptable and balanced weapon

stop assaulting me with your opinions beyond is my personal safe space

Hasn't button remapping been available for a little bit now? If not, isn't it meant to be coming with the new dashboard in an hour?

It's been out for those with the elite controller, but I don't think the app works with regular controllers though. I haven't heard a launch date, and a quick google search didn't seem to help either.

The new Xbox Dashboard is out. You should all download it. Messages/Friends taking 5 years to load is a thing of the past.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Marcy and Bubblegum are dating now btw. Its actually canon, I'm not even joking.

This was completely unexpected. Wow

Is the rest of the show still good at least?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The new Xbox Dashboard is out. You should all download it. Messages/Friends taking 5 years to load is a thing of the past.

Updating now. Coming from ps4...I felt like my console was broken.

Hoping this speeds everything up a bit

I have been reading a lot of these posts since H5 came out to see if it was a buy or a pass. I think the biggest impressions that I have received thus far is that the pistol was intended to give the competitive crowd the feel that the skill gap was brought back; yet 343 ensured that the skill gap was nullified by the AR for noobs who don't want to work at developing skill.

Is this impression correct?

It goes beyond just the AR, IMO.

The pistol is undoubtedly one of the hardest weapons in the history of Halo. I only played Halo 1 on MCC, so don't take my word for it, but I feel like Halo 5's pistol is even harder than Halo 1's pistol in MCC. Maybe one of the OG Lanners can give us insight if it is indeed harder than MCC and/or OG Halo 1's pistol as well.

But yeah, they add this extremely hard to use pistol in H5, then add the easiest BR, Carbine, and AR in history, and arguably the easiest DMR in history. Then they add a 3 shot light rifle that is pretty damn easy as well.

It's definitely an identity crisis of trying to be casual friendly while appealing to "skill gap" people. The two dont mix well, in my opinion.

Pistol vs. Pistol battles in Halo 5 is undoubtedly the most fun I've had in awhile. BR/Carbine/DMR/AR vs. Pistol...not so much

• Upvote (+1) 1

It goes beyond just the AR, IMO.

The pistol is undoubtedly one of the hardest weapons in the history of Halo. I only played Halo 1 on MCC, so don't take my word for it, but I feel like the pistol is even harder than Halo 1's pistol in MCC. Maybe one of the OG Lanners can give us insight if it is indeed harder than MCC and/or OG Halo 1's pistol.

But yeah, they add this extremely hard to use pistol in H5, then add the easiest BR, Carbine, and AR in history, and arguably the easiest DMR in history. Then they add a 3 shot light rifle that is pretty damn easy as well.

It's definitely an identity crisis of trying to be casual friendly while appealing to "skill gap" people. The two dont mix well, in my opinion.

Just LANed it a few days ago with not the best players, but it felt harder to land a 3 on the OG version than on the MCC version.

Just LANed it a few days ago with not the best players, but it felt harder to land a 3 on the OG version than on the MCC version.

Oh, that's without question. Probably sounded a little confusing, but I was curious how Halo 5's pistol matches up against MCC's Halo 1 pistol and OG Halo 1's pistol.

It's been out for those with the elite controller, but I don't think the app works with regular controllers though. I haven't heard a launch date, and a quick google search didn't seem to help either.

Just updated and the button remapping seems to work with all controllers. I didn't test out (unless you count mapping B to B ), but it gives you the option.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes I can load up a game, find players and it'll just be finishing the process of snapping friends as the game starts. Thank god this update is out.

I'm done. So done with tolerating the current iteration of Breakout. It's not past the beta stage.

Going as far as not allowing anyone to quit out manually would be a fix. Might as well shut off the boxes in unison if one even quits.