CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's been a big complaint and I respect it too, but the main thing I'm afraid of is for matches to start taking even longer because there's a population split within playlists because of two different player pools (solo/teams). Matches can already be extremely long at high Champion and obviously this would make it take even longer.

I was talking to Roy on twitter who also had the same concern as Ogre 2. I brought it up what I felt would happen with search times and he suggested making it so at first, people solo queuing match other solo players/teams of 2, then if the search starts taking too long, it starts looking for teams of 3 for a bit, then teams of 4. I thought it was a great idea.

I don't think there should be a 100% solo queue thing and I think instead should be like Halo 3, where it looked for either solo people OR teams of 2. I think it's optimal for Matchmaking times without making communication/chemistry too big of advantage.

Then again if something like this was implemented at all, I definitely think skill-based Matchmaking restrictions should be loosened up a bit to make sure Matchmaking times remain reasonable.

I agree with that suggestion. Some people hate long search times and some people prefer balanced matches. By starting the search as solo and slowly moving up you are pretty much guaranteed a match no matter what. Champion (as you've said) sometimes takes ages to match (although widening the parameters for champs would help even more) and having rigid restrictions would be even more killer. This system would be a straight upgrade even if you match the occasional 4 man squad.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather match solo players that are slightly above/below my rank than matching to4's that are roughly my rank

I agree, I'm just pointing out how there's different things to take into account.

Qzs3bNV.jpg

Halo needs this.

I think the only form of join in progress Halo needs is being able to invite a friend when a teammate drops out out. Not being put in a random ongoing game.

As of now, I'm happy for it to be gone. The only experience I've had with it so far was in Warzone, and I wasn't surprised to see that when I joined, the other team had a triple cap. I spawned in, walked for 15 seconds and the game was over because they blew up our core. It was super frustrating, but I didn't care too much because it's Warzone.

Then again, Warzone should at least give you REQ levels/energy to match the other people who have been in the game the whole time so you can spawn in and put on a fair fight right off the bat...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree, I'm just pointing out how there's different things to take into account.

I think the only form of join in progress Halo needs is being able to invite a friend when a teammate drops out out. Not being put in a random ongoing game.

As of now, I'm happy for it to be gone. The only experience I've had with it so far was in Warzone, and I wasn't surprised to see that when I joined, the other team had a triple cap. I spawned in, walked for 15 seconds and the game was over because they blew up our core. It was super frustrating, but I didn't care too much because it's Warzone.

Then again, Warzone should at least give you REQ levels/energy to match the other people who have been in the game the whole time so you can spawn in and put on a fair fight right off the bat...

I think Warzone does that already, you just need to wait for your REQ energy to charge.

It's been a big complaint and I respect it too, but the main thing I'm afraid of is for matches to start taking even longer because there's a population split within playlists because of two different player pools (solo/teams). Matches can already be extremely long at high Champion and obviously this would make it take even longer.

I was talking to Roy on twitter who also had the same concern as Ogre 2. I brought it up what I felt would happen with search times and he suggested making it so at first, people solo queuing match other solo players/teams of 2, then if the search starts taking too long, it starts looking for teams of 3 for a bit, then teams of 4. I thought it was a great idea.

I don't think there should be a 100% solo queue thing and I think instead should be like Halo 3, where it looked for either solo people OR teams of 2. I think it's optimal for Matchmaking times without making communication/chemistry too big of advantage.

Then again if something like this was implemented at all, I definitely think skill-based Matchmaking restrictions should be loosened up a bit to make sure Matchmaking times remain reasonable.

Theres no reason champions can't match onyx and diamond kids as onyx is essentially 50 and diamond is like 40-49.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Warzone does that already, you just need to wait for your REQ energy to charge.

Maybe you're right. My only JIP experience is limited to a 30 second game so... yeah. But spawning with charged energy would be nice at the very least. You could at least help clear your base out if you're losing badly.

Theres no reason champions can't match onyx and diamond kids as onyx is essentially 50 and diamond is like 40-49.

Entirely agree.

Step 1: Find an enemy

Step 2: Aim

Step 3: Shoot

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit!

Well, that's my mind in a nutshell.

Were it so easy. I'll actually be honest in saying; I don't think it's my skill level that suffers in Halo 5's case, I just think it's the fact that I'm constantly fighting TO4's as a solo-player. Has really been screwing with me. In Warzone I dominate 1v1's and such, but in Arena; it sucks. >_<

Were it so easy. I'll actually be honest in saying; I don't think it's my skill level that suffers in Halo 5's case, I just think it's the fact that I'm constantly fighting TO4's as a solo-player. Has really been screwing with me. In Warzone I dominate 1v1's and such, but in Arena; it sucks. >_<

Yeah, same here. This game definitely needs some social playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why not? The best way to learn a language (for me) is to use it.

In a conversation with other people who are fluent in it.

You're doing the equivalent of asking Waypoint to discuss the nuances of Halo CE weapon balance.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Empire is way too small for any gametype in Halo 5. CTF and Strongholds are a shit show and Slayer is a game of who can camp tower with shotgun.

This is every spawn for me on Empire CTF

This is every spawn for me on Empire CTF

Private :P

In a conversation with other people who are fluent in it.

You're doing the equivalent of asking Waypoint to discuss the nuances of Halo CE weapon balance.

Its like monkeys and a typewriter. Give them enough time and they could rewrite Lemon's rant down to the letter. Just we have to let them keep shitting on the monitor while waiting for the time where that happens.

Yeah I don't think Empire plays CTF too well. You get spawn killed often, and it takes one unfortunate spawn for the other team to escape with a cap. TS isn't bad, though I think the shotgun in tower has a negative impact on the flow of the map... and plasma caster doesn't seem like enough of an incentive for people to be on the outside of the map often (replace w/ rockets?)

Strongholds is fun though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just to follow the trend, new sig ^.^

I like that you sig is all gold, and your name is gold. 

Also your rep is gold. 

I like that you sig is all gold, and your name is gold.

Also you rep is gold.

The colour of my name was once gold too.

I dig it :D

So OS can be burnt during the pick up animation....before you een smash it in your chest.

Can we fix this? Its really annoying to have something removed from play like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1