CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Battlefront has historically never had a campaign. It's been a multiplayer only affair for 10+ years.

I mean, it's had more maps to work with, for sure, but he lack of campaign is the least horrible thing about it.

What bored you so hard about Battlefront? I don't doubt it did, just curious.

gunplay, and game types were the two big ones, I also hate how random it is, and how it has almost nothing to do with what battlefront used to be, no space battles, vehicles as power ups, heroes as power ups. It's just not a battlefront game. At least with halo 5 it's has halos basic fundamentals down, the new battlefront doesn't.

There are 15 missions. And Forge maps are not maps i supose?

Anyway, it doens't change my point. Halo 5 is certanly lacking content right now, but saying is the same thing as Battlefront is nonsense.

Three consist of standing in one place until an NPC regurgitates plot information that means you can arbitrarily move forward. Also Forge maps are something we could do - and possibly better. To claim we're getting what we could already get for free is a ridiculous prospect on behalf of 343.

There are 15 missions. And Forge maps are not maps i supose?

Anyway, it doens't change my point. Halo 5 is certanly lacking content right now, but saying it is the same thing as Battlefront is nonsense.

There are not 15 missions. For 3 "missions" you walk around for a grand total of 30 seconds. Those are not missions. Those are playable cinematics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope this sensible sustain is worth it. I would love to know what they did for 3 years. I'm glad doubles is more than likely coming but at the end of the day it still is a variant of Slayer. Swat, Shotty Snipers, FFA and you could even argue Breakout, they are still variants of slayer. Where are the other gametypes? It's a dead horse but I just want an explanation. Are they waiting to launch them or are they not even done?

Add me to the camp of wanting FFA to be 6 players. Got placed in Onyx last night but man it's a struggle. With the power of CQC in this game and the range of ARs it's not as fun as previous games and much less aim-skill oriented. More situation and movement skill-based.

The storm rifle is even worse. This game is screaming "casual" when automatics dominate the precision weapons. It's honestly ridiculous, that Halo has come to this BS.  Why do I have to run around with ARs and Storm Rifles in a sweaty game? Shouldn't it be pistols/BR/DMR that a majority of higher tier players use?  

• Upvote (+1) 2

gunplay, and game types were the two big ones, I also hate how random it is, and how it has almost nothing to do with what battlefront used to be, no space battles, vehicles as power ups, heroes as power ups. It's just not a battlefront game. At least with halo 5 it's has halos basic fundamentals down, the new battlefront doesn't.

So it isn't Battlefront 2. Space Battles and Heroes were entirely inventions of that game. Heroes were OP as hell and, while Space Battles were fucking amazing - no doubt - they removed the in-atmosphere dogfights from Battlefront 1...in fact, they kind of neutered most of the Vehicle sandbox in general compared to Battlefront 1. Geonosis and Kashyyk are night and day difference between the two games. In Battlefront 1, Multiple AT-TE's would converge on the enemy's Command Post. Few things felt better than LAAT Gunship strafing Droidekas. In Battlefront 2, you get one decent tank and a ton of speeders. But Space Battles, amirite?

Not that Battlefront (2015) is much better, I'll agree.

I am willing to fight you over gunplay, however. For the first time in forever, we witness a game where mobility does not need to be sacrificed for efficient combat. Aim Down Sights which slow your character down are inferior to hip firing. One may fire their weapon while blasting into the sky. It's barebones, certainly, but I honestly think it's refreshing.

And lest we forget - Battlefront 2 never had phenomenal gunplay either. Point and Shoot. Watch it die. Congratulations, you are good at Battlefront 2. This is coming from a General 3rd class, one of those guys who glitched out the Endurance counter and who would go 25 and 3 repeatedly. Battlefront has never had super complicated gunplay.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Three consist of standing in one place until an NPC regurgitates plot information that means you can arbitrarily move forward. Also Forge maps are something we could do - and possibly better. To claim we're getting what we could already get for free is a ridiculous prospect on behalf of 343.

As free DLC, i meant the supposed 18+ maps. Unless all these maps end up being Forge maps, then we are not getting for free what we could  already have 

There are not 15 missions. For 3 "missions" you walk around for a grand total of 30 seconds. Those are not missions. Those are playable cinematics.

Yeah, I'll give you that. But it still is a decent campaign

100%

http://halotracker.com/Forums/Post/2687/29/spartan-rank-experience-charts-graphs

Halo 4 was so quick, I don't even remember it happening. Just dropped a shit ton of Doritos and M'dew codes and that was the end of that.

I remember hitting the cap in like February, 2013 , then going "what now". Also, thanks to you, and @@Lambo for the charts. Here's hoping it takes a long time from here, as it looks.

As free DLC, i meant the supposed 18+ maps. Unless all these maps end up being Forge maps, then we are not getting for free what we could  already have 

Why are we comparing DLC forge maps that we'll get 6 months from now to the launch maps of battlefront?  

So it isn't Battlefront 2. Space Battles and Heroes were entirely inventions of that game. Heroes were OP as hell and, while Space Battles were fucking amazing - no doubt - they removed the in-atmosphere dogfights from Battlefront 1...in fact, they kind of neutered most of the Vehicle sandbox in general compared to Battlefront 1. Geonosis and Kashyyk are night and day difference between the two games. In Battlefront 1, Multiple AT-TE's would converge on the enemy's Command Post. Few things felt better than LAAT Gunship strafing Droidekas. In Battlefront 2, you get one decent tank and a ton of speeders. But Space Battles, amirite?

Not that Battlefront (2015) is much better, I'll agree.

I am willing to fight you over gunplay, however. For the first time in forever, we witness a game where mobility does not need to be sacrificed for efficient combat. Aim Down Sights which slow your character down are inferior to hip firing. One may fire their weapon while blasting into the sky. It's barebones, certainly, but I honestly think it's refreshing.

And lest we forget - Battlefront 2 never had phenomenal gunplay either. Point and Shoot. Watch it die. Congratulations, you are good at Battlefront 2. This is coming from a General 3rd class, one of those guys who glitched out the Endurance counter and who would go 25 and 3 repeatedly. Battlefront has never had super complicated gunplay.

you forget the fact that the originals were class based and required points to unlock, this game is load out based, so battlefronts original format of gameplay is totally out the window here.

And by gunplay, I mean how easy it is, I mean kids would seriously go like 50 and 40 or something in that game, I attribute this to the ads nature of it, aim in slow down and have easier sensitivity to work with. In the old games, killtimes were longer, so it was much harder to say clear a room of droids that it is to clear a room of imperials with an mg34. And yeah, it was clunky, and on consoles you could lock on, but on pc, getting kills in the old games felt more fun to me, in the new game it's all too familiar, even if it has the old school zoom style of aiming, doing it still made for easier hits on targets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're even remotely a Star Wars fan, you're buying this game. Skip to 1:23

It looks and sounds amazing, like the dream realized.

I just can't get hyped by how it plays though.

The storm rifle is even worse. This game is screaming "casual" when automatics dominate the precision weapons. It's honestly ridiculous, that Halo has come to this BS.  Why do I have to run around with ARs and Storm Rifles in a sweaty game? Shouldn't it be pistols/BR/DMR that a majority of higher tier players use?  

I don't mind having ARs that are useful in CQC scenarios but the range really is absurd on some of them. Overall though, the game is seriously fun even in this early state.

Why are we comparing DLC forge maps that we'll get 6 months from now to the launch maps of battlefront?  

No one is doing that. And 6 months from now? We are getting 4 Forge maps by next week. Also Bravo and Frankie already said that only some of these 18+ maps are forged. 

Moving on, anyone know if the double playlist will be available tomorrow? The vote ends today, so maybe ?

I don't mind having ARs that are useful in CQC scenarios but the range really is absurd on some of them. Overall though, the game is seriously fun even in this early state.

can we say that it's one of the better pre patch halos? Halo 2 and 3 pre patch still gives me nightmares.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

How do you guys get these sigs with your stats?

I go to the site and generate it but how do you get it to be your sig?

I'm honestly amazed that H5 will be this lucky ... Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, and Battlefront do not have nearly as much hype as I was expecting.

BO3 at least shipped as a full game, but I'm not getting the sense that people are in love with it (as much as BO2), and I guess there are some glitchiness issues ... Fallout 4 is a clone of Fallout 3 with the same engine Bethesda has been using since 2006, and worse writing ... and Battlefront does not seem very well-loved, at least from what I've seen ($110 for the full game, etc.).

Are you completely divorced from reality? These games still have mega hype dude. They're competing over the same crowd who doesn't care about these things you're talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No one is doing that. And 6 months from now? We are getting 4 Forge maps by next week. Also Bravo and Frankie already said that only some of these 18+ maps are forged. 

Moving on, anyone know if the double playlist will be available tomorrow? The vote ends today, so maybe ?

I think it will come out tomorrow god i hope so it will be nice not worrying about getting 3 player i only need my friend and we can grind.

you forget the fact that the originals were class based and required points to unlock, this game is load out based, so battlefronts original format of gameplay is totally out the window here.

And by gunplay, I mean how easy it is, I mean kids would seriously go like 50 and 40 or something in that game, I attribute this to the ads nature of it, aim in slow down and have easier sensitivity to work with. In the old games, killtimes were longer, so it was much harder to say clear a room of droids that it is to clear a room of imperials with an mg34. And yeah, it was clunky, and on consoles you could lock on, but on pc, getting kills in the old games felt more fun to me, in the new game it's all too familiar, even if it has the old school zoom style of aiming, doing it still made for easier hits on targets.

I didn't forget it. I just wasn't aware we suddenly cared about it. But alright. The game is centered around loadouts, not classes. I'll debate how much this actually effects the minutia of the mechanics, but you win this one.

Scoping doesn't actually help beyond changing your sensitivity and slowing down your character. Spread's the same. And kids have been going 50 and 40 since 2005. I picked up Battlefront 2 when I was seven. I was god after ten games. It's always been super simple.

BTW if you don't think req packs will become a problem look at posts like this I see on Facebook

"I don't care I already spent about 100 bucks of my own money on req packs. Because I can."

can we say that it's one of the better pre patch halos? Halo 2 and 3 pre patch still gives me nightmares.

IMO yes, the benefits of the in-house pro team are paying off in a better starting point than past Halos. Still some way to go but pretty close out of the box.

I didn't forget it. I just wasn't aware we suddenly cared about it. But alright. The game is centered around loadouts, not classes. I'll debate how much this actually effects the minutia of the mechanics, but you win this one.

Scoping doesn't actually help beyond changing your sensitivity and slowing down your character. Spread's the same. And kids have been going 50 and 40 since 2005. I picked up Battlefront 2 when I was seven. I was god after ten games. It's always been super simple.

Battlefront's lack of a campaign is not acceptable in this day and age. When I bought BF2 it was 49.99. Now games are 79.99 here. Using $50 games as a benchmark for content for $80 games isn't going to cut it for me.

Scoping doesn't actually help beyond changing your sensitivity and slowing down your character. Spread's the same. And kids have been going 50 and 40 since 2005. I picked up Battlefront 2 when I was seven. I was god after ten games. It's always been super simple.

actually it does tighten it a bit, just enough to where it's only needed at long range, but you could get away with doing it at really any range, since it was what a 1.5x zoom or something? I don't know man, the gunplay just feels more fun in the older games to me, maybe it's just the killtimes, the older games definitely were somewhat longer, but all I know is getting kills in the new game got old, it still hasn't for battlefront 2 for me.