CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Seriously, Battlefront comes out in 6 days, and Halo 5 doesn't become a full game until fucking December. Is it safe to say that this game is done? Halo 5 is battling for 6/7th most played game with Minecraft.

highest it got yesterday was 4th, and cod took practically nothing away from halo, it still battled for second with Fifa the same way it did for first. I'm not worried about battlefront, fallout was the game that had the most potential to ruin the population.

If the Assault Rifle was deleted from this game completely, would anything of value be lost?

The casual fanbase, maybe. But even they're moving towards precision weapons thanks to the scale of Warzone.

highest it got yesterday was 4th, and cod took practically nothing away from halo, it still battled for second with Fifa the same way it did for first. I'm not worried about battlefront, fallout was the game that had the most potential to ruin the population.

I'm honestly amazed that H5 will be this lucky ... Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, and Battlefront do not have nearly as much hype as I was expecting.  

BO3 at least shipped as a full game, but I'm not getting the sense that people are in love with it (as much as BO2), and I guess there are some glitchiness issues ... Fallout 4 is a clone of Fallout 3 with the same engine Bethesda has been using since 2006, and worse writing ... and Battlefront does not seem very well-loved, at least from what I've seen ($110 for the full game, etc.).  

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm honestly amazed that H5 will be this lucky ... Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, and Battlefront do not have nearly as much hype as I was expecting.

BO3 at least shipped as a full game, but I'm not getting the sense that people are in love with it (as much as BO2), and I guess there are some glitchiness issues ... Fallout 4 is a clone of Fallout 3 with the same engine Bethesda has been using since 2006, and worse writing ... and Battlefront does not seem very well-loved, at least from what I've seen ($110 for the full game, etc.).

lol fallout 4 is in no way just a clone of 3, that's an incredibly ignorant statement. It also managed to put halo in 4th at the most(it's actually currently in 6th behind destiny). And on steam alone in had over 400,000 people playing it. Safe to say there was a lot of hype behind it.

At least they are sticking their original formula. Instead when I play Halo 5 it's the mix of the CoD, and DICE games.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At least they are sticking their original formula. Instead when I play Halo 5 it's the mix of the CoD, and DICE games.

in what ways?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Add me to the camp of wanting FFA to be 6 players. Got placed in Onyx last night but man it's a struggle. With the power of CQC in this game and the range of ARs it's not as fun as previous games and much less aim-skill oriented. More situation and movement skill-based.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 has decent gameplay and it's up against a weak slate of competition. It's really in 343's hands now. Can they competently manage a game? So far it's not looking good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes.

Hell no. Battlefront is a $60 Battlefield: Star Wars Edition that doesn't have a campaign, only 12 MP maps and a $50 season pass. Almost a joke

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hell no. Battlefront doesn't have a campaign, only 12 MP maps and a $50 season pass. Almost a joke

So it's Halo 5, basically? (Apart from the season pass, which is ridiculous.)

• Downvote (-1) 2

the fact that there's a campaign. But yeah both are seriously lacking content, halo 5 has better gameplay though, I played the battlefront beta and got bored almost immediately.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hell no. Battlefront is a $60 game that doesn't have a campaign, only 12 MP maps and a $50 season pass. Almost a joke

Battlefront has historically never had a campaign. It's been a multiplayer only affair for 10+ years.

I mean, it's had more maps to work with, for sure, but he lack of campaign is the least horrible thing about it.

the fact that there's a campaign. But yeah both are seriously lacking content, halo 5 has better gameplay though, I played the battlefront beta and got bored almost immediately.

What bored you so hard about Battlefront? I don't doubt it did, just curious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 has a 15 missions campaign, 21 MP Maps and Free DLC. Yeah, basically the same

/s

• Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 5 has a 15 missions campaign, 21 MP Maps and Free DLC. Yeah, basically the same

/s

Woa woa woa

Slow down here

halo 5 has 12 actual missions. About 10 actual maps and the jury is still out on whether the free DLC is actual DLC is just remixes and forge maps.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Battlefront has historically never had a campaign. It's been a multiplayer only affair for 10+ years.

Battlefront 2 would like to have a word with you. i vaguely recall the psp games having campaigns as well. I could be wrong about that though, I never played them.

Battlefront 2 would like to have a word with you.

Ah yes. That "Campaign..."

...Which consisted of a multiplayer map with some objectives sprinkled around it and a voice-over of in-game footage put through an instagram filter before and after the match.

Not a Campaign in the way we've come to understand the word.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Battlefront 2 would like to have a word with you. i vaguely recall the psp games having campaigns as well. I could be wrong about that though, I never played them.

Let's remember what those campaigns were. They were just MP bot matches with a couple of lines of dialogue. It wasn't until Battlefront 2 that we got objectives instead of just beating the enemy and not until Renegade Squadron on the PSP where we got cutscenes. They aren't the traditional campaign mode people are asking for.

Don't get me wrong though, a proper Battlefront campaign sounds amazing

• Upvote (+1) 1

battlefront 2 had a campaign where you followed the 501st legions actions from the clone wars to the rebellion.

Woa woa woa

Slow down here

halo 5 has 12 actual missions. About 10 actual maps and the jury is still out on whether the free DLC is actual DLC is just remixes and forge maps.

There are 15 missions. And forge maps are not maps then?

Anyway, it doens't change my point. Halo 5 is certanly lacking content right now, but saying it is the same thing as Battlefront is nonsense.

• Downvote (-1) 4

lol fallout 4 is in no way just a clone of 3, that's an incredibly ignorant statement. It also managed to put halo in 4th at the most(it's actually currently in 6th behind destiny). And on steam alone in had over 400,000 people playing it. Safe to say there was a lot of hype behind it.

There was a lot of hype behind it but look at /r/fallout, /r/gaming, Metacritic user reviews, and Amazon user reviews ... it is not as popular as it could have been.  I'm sure it's still a great game (I'll probably buy next month) but it's not a complete monster like Skyrim

If you're even remotely a Star Wars fan, you're buying this game. Skip to 1:23

Edit: Halo 5 has 21 MP maps? HAHA!