CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Every map that has Caster would play better with Rockets.

Definitely would be more deadly but I feel like Plasma Caster serves better as a setup breaker on The Rig, you can bounce that thing off of so many walls and corners. From Nest/Engine 2 you can kill people in Long Hall, Catwalk, Junction, Tower 2, etc. without a lot of risk.

Rockets would mean more guaranteed kills but harder to push with.

As Ice said as well, its pretty great on Empire

sometimes i think people dont want any weapons on map other than power weapons, and we just run around with a br like halo 3 mlg settings.

i think pistol needs a buff and ar needs a nerf in range, but the rest of the weapons seem pretty solid. i wish there were more item control tho.

they have made a game that actually makes all the weapons useful in different situations.

i havent seen that since hce.

I think a buffed Magnum would alleviate a lot of the issues the current AR and sandbox in general has.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Hmm, what does this secret terminal say..."

"PLAY SHADOWRUN."

Nah it should say "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE. YOU CAN (KINDA) PLAY ONLINE CE

your right but i wouldnt try to argue the whole sprint thing..its not going away so i would focus on what you can actually change

This hurts. Honestly I don't know whether to keep on pushing for sprint's removal in competitive or to go the opposite direction and push for making the rest of the game more competitive. It'll take a lot more than just weapon nading and skill jumps to make up for both sprint and thruster.

haha..i loUe how people say its the br fans that are nastolgic...the br has been a staple for halo more than the pistol has my friend

'Staple' implies nostalgia. The Magnum is clearly much better for competitive, even if it does need a buff.

haha..i loUe how people say its the br fans that are nastolgic...the br has been a staple for halo more than the pistol has my friend

so you agree that BR fans are led by nostalgia?

At what time does the weekly playlist go online? I'm at my parents this weekend and usually I'd just play split screen with my brother but you know, no split screen in H5 so I have to hope to get some games done with my brother before I visit my parents (and my brother) which sounds incredibly stupid but thats what modern gaming is all about, big empty word about connecting people

This hurts. Honestly I don't know whether to keep on pushing for sprint's removal in competitive or to go the opposite direction and push for making the rest of the game more competitive. It'll take a lot more than just weapon nading and skill jumps to make up for both sprint and thruster.

'Staple' implies nostalgia. The Magnum is clearly much better for competitive, even if it does need a buff.

I use Thruster and sprint to pull off cool jumps to take advantage of areas people don't expect me to be in. That seems skillful

I think a buffed Magnum would alleviate a lot of the issues the current AR and sandbox in general has.

Would love to see a four shot, i think it would cut down on the trade kills. The ar range is pretty far for its classification of being a short range gun.

Hopefully 343 are monitoring all the weapon stats, trade kills, etc.

sometimes i think people dont want any weapons on map other than power weapons, and we just run around with a br like halo 3 mlg settings.

i think pistol needs a buff and ar needs a nerf in range, but the rest of the weapons seem pretty solid. i wish there were more item control tho.

they have made a game that actually makes all the weapons useful in different situations.

i havent seen that since hce.

I couldnt care less about a big weapon sandbox.

When everyone has the same gun, its an even playing field. No one is at a disadvantage. Whoever outplays the other person wins the battle, plain and simple.

Now, I could have a pistol and round the corner to someone that has a BR. I hit 4 consecutive headshots and I miss my 5th one. My opponent hits a perfect 4 shot kill.

I would argue that I actually played better as I hit almost the same amount of shots with a weapon that's 10x harder to use, but I still lost the battle.

Gun vs. same gun fights is what made Halo.

Pistol vs. Pistol battles are the highlight of this game.

Now, if you really want weapon diversity, which I kind of understand, you just rotate the starting weapon.

-Carbines on Truth

-BRs on Regret

-Pistols on The Rig

But yeah, a single utility weapon and just power weapons is the most purely competitive form of Halo.

This game is still near unplayable for me most of the time. Feels like I'm playing on a Japanese host every game because everything is skipping and lagging. It isn't my connection either because every other game is perfectly fine except Halo 5.

This game is still near unplayable for me most of the time. Feels like I'm playing on a Japanese host every game because everything is skipping and lagging. It isn't my connection either because every other game is perfectly fine except Halo 5.

Who is your internet provider?

starting weapon rotation sound terrible to me, I'm not a huge fan of rifle pick ups but I think they should stick to one type of rifle per map.

So it's a little more predictable since you know your playing Truth and you know there are just BRs or CCs on the map

@@Avenger

343's server selection is a broken mess..I guess your EU?

XFinity

Hmmm.

I just saw a betrayal in the kill feed for free for all. Am I missing something here?

I think killing someone with the environment (red barrels, etc) results in the kill feed saying betrayed in FFA.

I couldnt care less about a big weapon sandbox.

When everyone has the same gun, its an even playing field. No one is at a disadvantage. Whoever outplays the other person wins the battle, plain and simple.

Now, I could have a pistol and round the corner to someone that has a BR. I hit 4 consecutive headshots and I miss my 5th one. My opponent hits a perfect 4 shot kill.

I would argue that I actually played better as I hit almost the same amount of shots with a weapon that's 10x harder to use, but I still lost the battle.

Gun vs. same gun fights is what made Halo.

Pistol vs. Pistol battles are the highlight of this game.

Now, if you really want weapon diversity, which I kind of understand, you just rotate the starting weapon.

-Carbines on Truth

-BRs on Regret

-Pistols on The Rig

But yeah, a single utility weapon and just power weapons is the most purely competitive form of Halo.

Gonna have to disagree.

Halo CE is what made halo fun, it was indeed an arena shooter. slower paced than quake and unreal tournament at the time, but it adopted a lot of arena concepts. H2 and 3 went further away from that formula, and it became what you described in your post, same weapon vs same weapon with a couple of items to control on the map. That to me is boring and nowhere near what an arena shooter is.

To each his own that enjoyed mlg amplified and all the other stale boring br start mlg games... but i cant blame them for the settings... its all they could work with.

We finally have a out of the box halo that has gone back to its arena roots... and people don't like arena shooters for some reason. Just puzzles me to see people want halo 2 and 3 style of games instead of HCE style.

Hmmm.

Yeah, I even did all that port forwarding stuff too and still lagging every game. I was playing MCC earlier and I didn't even lag on that. Hell, even Smash 4 doesn't even lag for me when I was playing it online earlier. It is just Halo 5. I have no idea why either.

starting weapon rotation sound terrible to me, I'm not a huge fan of rifle pick ups but I think they should stick to one type of rifle per map.

So it's a little more predictable since you know your playing Truth and you know there are just BRs or CCs on the map

@@Avenger

more predictable??

isn't the whole point of the game to be forced to predict on your own and not have the game lower it for you?

You really want a more predictable halo?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

more predictable??

isn't the whole point of the game to be forced to predict on your own and not have the game lower it for you?

You really want a more predictable halo?

going by that logic H4's loadouts and supply drop had been great additions to Halo since you it would be really hard to predict whats waiting behind the next corner..

We finally have a out of the box halo that has gone back to its arena roots... and people don't like arena shooters for some reason. Just puzzles me to see people want halo 2 and 3 style of games instead of HCE style.

Quake doesn't have three different railguns that all function the same but with slightly different zoom levels, though.

Uh, at least I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nope, I'm in Florida lol. Its obviously a Halo 5 probably because even on Smash 4 a game that has a bad reputation for having laggy online doesn't lag for me. @@Sal1ent @@Deez @@Bravo please fix these servers it is unplayable for me most of the time.

Quake doesn't have three different railguns that all function the same but with slightly different zoom levels, though.

Uh, at least I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

that's warzone stuff dude.

Nope, I'm in Florida lol. Its obviously a Halo 5 probably because even on Smash 4 a game that has a bad reputation for having laggy online doesn't lag for me. @@Sal1ent @@Deez @@Bravo please fix these servers it is unplayable for me most of the time.

I don't think either actually spend their days coding.

Gonna have to disagree.

Halo CE is what made halo fun, it was indeed an arena shooter. slower paced than quake and unreal tournament at the time, but it adopted a lot of arena concepts. H2 and 3 went further away from that formula, and it became what you described in your post, same weapon vs same weapon with a couple of items to control on the map. That to me is boring and nowhere near what an arena shooter is.

To each his own that enjoyed mlg amplified and all the other stale boring br start mlg games... but i cant blame them for the settings... its all they could work with.

Ok, well I said my peace and so did you. Simply dont agree.

I will NEVER get used to spawning on coliseum by a flag base, there being no DMR because a teammate has it, and an enemy rounding my corner with a BR and 4 shotting me with the easiest weapon in Halo history, while I spawn with a pistol, pretty much the hardest weapon in Halo history.

I want some arena qualities and I want some Halo qualities.