CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's just a weekend playlist, not Weekend Social.

They are looking into Social playlists for the future

You can call them what you want but they announced them as weekend social playlists and then decided they would start off ranked for whatever reason. 

Does anyone have the following assassinations:

-104 Ways to Die

-Don't Flip Out

-That Took Guts

-Lawn Dart

-Spinal Tap

-Eyebiter

-Backbreaker

-Sweep the Leg

I'd like to put together a YouTube video for everyone to sample which assassination theyd like to acquire.

I've got:

• Sweep The Leg
  • That Took Guts

:kappa:

Slidin' into those DMs

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be honest I don't find FFA's that bad compared to previous Halos except for the fact that its overcrowded and spawns are poo.

I'd like to try 6 man FFA's with the respawn timer as it is. AR's are used a lot more but honestly in high onyx/champion matches the pistol outclasses it basically every time. SMG is the main automatic that frustrates me and seems completely OP and easy to use.

But now, all that people do is camp in the bases with power weapons and shoot cross map with BRs and DMRs. Its very boring to play this way.

Fuckin' shocker, that one.

• Upvote (+1) 4

FFA is the worst man. 8 man FFA works on maps you have a general idea where the other 7 are and when the radar works outside of melee range.

With these settings, specifically sprint and the short radar range, 8 people is way too much.

It's still skillful because of the H5 mechanics sure, but it's not a fun gametype at this point. FFA can be frustrating in general when you do bad but in H5 it's not fun even if you do good.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Remove rifles from the game and many problems will vanish, at least until they are made as difficult to use as the pistol. So at the current patch rate that will be around Christmas 2017. Great. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Remove rifles from the game????

Sometimes i dont understand what people want with halo.

I get that the ar could use some toning down on the range, but we have very fast killing weapons this time around, the game is much faster... and it seems like people dont want a fast game?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I get that the ar could use some toning down on the range, but we have very fast killing weapons this time around, the game is much faster... and it seems like people dont want a fast game?

People just don't want the best part of the game(the pistol) to be totally overshadowed.

People just don't want the best part of the game(the pistol) to be totally overshadowed.

sometimes i think people dont want any weapons on map other than power weapons, and we just run around with a br like halo 3 mlg settings.

i think pistol needs a buff and ar needs a nerf in range, but the rest of the weapons seem pretty solid. i wish there were more item control tho.

they have made a game that actually makes all the weapons useful in different situations.

i havent seen that since hce.

It's true.

I don't exist.

Fucking knew it.

"The myth of the Cursed Lemon"

I can see you as an Easter Egg in Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who else agrees there isn't a single redeeming factor about FFA in this game?

It's easily the worst Halo to play FFA in.

8 second respawn time - FFA is supposed to be about fast paced action, not staring at a respawn screen for 8 seconds after dying to AR spam. Halo has ALWAYS been 5 second respawn time except for in objective games. Changing this after more than a decade is dumb.

AR spam everywhere - Half the kills are from the AR. Maybe this changes if I get to a higher level (not yet placed) but seeing AR's constantly beat magnums which tells me the AR is far too powerful given its ease of use. In any other Halo game these low skilled players would be free kills.

Power weapons - I don't mind weapon pick ups in FFA, but I think it's ridiculous when you have a Fuel Rod cannon on the map with such a large magazine. Picking that thing up pretty much guarantees a top position since it has so much ammunition. Any power ups or power weapons should be right in the centre of the map to make it a risk/reward for running for it, not getting lucky and spawning near a rocket launcher as it comes up.

Time to kill is far too long - I'm pretty sure the vast majority of my kills are just me mopping up. I rarely get a chance to actually finish a kill I start since they sprint/thrust away straight into someone else. I'm wondering whether I should stop shooting people unless they're no shields so I'm not just helping others secure points.

I feel like I'm overwhelmed by enemies - despite the large map sizes and 8 second respawns thanks to how easily you can thrust/sprint/clamber around the map. The game needs to be limited to 6 players.

I've never been good at FFA but I played the hell out of Midship FFA in Halo 2. FFA in Halo 5 is really not enjoyable.

i agree 100 percent...those problems are only made worse by bad spawns and non existant motion tracker...the motion tracker thing i can deal with but mix it in with all the other bullshit and my god man...ive decided to not play ffa in halo 5 until they make it 6 players...i mean they may as well just put you in a giant octagon...that might actually be more fun than ffa as it stands now

sometimes i think people dont want any weapons on map other than power weapons, and we just run around with a br like halo 3 mlg settings.

i think pistol needs a buff and ar needs a nerf in range, but the rest of the weapons seem pretty solid. i wish there were more item control tho.

they have made a game that actually makes all the weapons useful in different situations.

i havent seen that since hce.

well i think they should nerf the ar at range or even keep it the same and have BR/AR starts with a buffed version of the pistol be a pick up on the map...make it a 3 shot kill or something so its really worth picking up

Removing the AR is just silly (as much as I want that for selfish reasons), but removing the non-Mag utility weapon pickups is something I'm much more open to. But then obviously the nostalgic BR fans would get upset.

Removing the AR is just silly (as much as I want that for selfish reasons), but removing the non-Mag utility weapon pickups is something I'm much more open to. But then obviously the nostalgic BR fans would get upset.

so then what does that leave on the map to pick up?

Fucking knew it.

"The myth of the Cursed Lemon"

I can see you as an Easter Egg in Halo 6.

"Hmm, what does this secret terminal say..."

"PLAY SHADOWRUN."

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread is tiring. No wonder H5 feels dead, all of our discussion is in one thread.

so then what does that leave on the map to pick up?

CE-3 proved that power weapons and semi-power weapons are enough.

Trying to escape battles in this game in FFA's are ridiculous. Empire, & Plaza are so frustrating in FFAs. Empire is a cluster fuck where you can't escape a fight once you want to & same with Plaza. The spawns are awful in FFA too. 

I like Halo 5 a lot but really, Halo 2 was so loved, instead of changing stuff & "trying new stuff out" (which rarely works), find solutions to whatever gripes most people have with it. Why add sprint, the maps are too big, the spawns get fucked up by the quick movement because BOOM all of a sudden somebody is shooting you off spawn because they sprinted in your direction & crossed the spawn-block threshold right after you spawn. 

I am literally complaining to see if anybody agrees/disagrees.

your right but i wouldnt try to argue the whole sprint thing..its not going away so i would focus on what you can actually change...i agree with what your saying about h5 ffa and theres many more problems than you stated...however many of the issues would be greatly reduced by just having six player ffa instead of eight...it wont solve all the problems but it will make it playable

CE-3 proved that power weapons and semi-power weapons are enough.

CE had basically what halo 5 is trying to do. h2 and 3 were modified by mlg to try an recreate hce.... and it was as good as they could get it, bit i wouldn't have called it good in the end.

in my opinion, halo is an arena shooter, hce was the closest and halo 5 is damn close, just needs tweaks. if we were to start removing things from the map, now you're lessening the motivation to move and do item control. thus, its turning it back into h2 and 3.

Removing the AR is just silly (as much as I want that for selfish reasons), but removing the non-Mag utility weapon pickups is something I'm much more open to. But then obviously the nostalgic BR fans would get upset

haha..i loUe how people say its the br fans that are nastolgic...the br has been a staple for halo more than the pistol has my friend