CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

git gud

No but for real though that thing is a tank you just need to know how to use it.

Sucks on Truth because of how open the map is. On the Rig it is fantastic.

Every map that has Caster would play better with Rockets.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who else agrees there isn't a single redeeming factor about FFA in this game?

It's easily the worst Halo to play FFA in.

8 second respawn time - FFA is supposed to be about fast paced action, not staring at a respawn screen for 8 seconds after dying to AR spam. Halo has ALWAYS been 5 second respawn time except for in objective games. Changing this after more than a decade is dumb.

AR spam everywhere - Half the kills are from the AR. Maybe this changes if I get to a higher level (not yet placed) but seeing AR's constantly beat magnums which tells me the AR is far too powerful given its ease of use. In any other Halo game these low skilled players would be free kills.

Power weapons - I don't mind weapon pick ups in FFA, but I think it's ridiculous when you have a Fuel Rod cannon on the map with such a large magazine. Picking that thing up pretty much guarantees a top position since it has so much ammunition. Any power ups or power weapons should be right in the centre of the map to make it a risk/reward for running for it, not getting lucky and spawning near a rocket launcher as it comes up.

Time to kill is far too long - I'm pretty sure the vast majority of my kills are just me mopping up. I rarely get a chance to actually finish a kill I start since they sprint/thrust away straight into someone else. I'm wondering whether I should stop shooting people unless they're no shields so I'm not just helping others secure points.

I feel like I'm overwhelmed by enemies - despite the large map sizes and 8 second respawns thanks to how easily you can thrust/sprint/clamber around the map. The game needs to be limited to 6 players.

I've never been good at FFA but I played the hell out of Midship FFA in Halo 2. FFA in Halo 5 is really not enjoyable.

honestly had a few tense matches in FFA during my placement games, I know the mode is broken as fuck but I still enjoyed it for whatever reason.

Sucks on Truth because of how open the map is. On the Rig it is fantastic.

Also rocks on Empire, and I pick it up each chance I can get, since it's literally like shooting fish in a barrel.

just making a suggestion...

>:3

It's similar to Halo 4 but it takes like 10 to 20 times as long... if not more.

Ya sure? It's been two weeks and I'm nearly halfway to the max level. Faster than Halo 4 so far.

The caster is one of the reasons I like empire, at first I thought it was dumb but after I got the hang of it, and everyone else realized it was actually a good weapon, everybody goes for it when it spawns, and I get that classic halo feeling, fighting over weapons and positions.

Ya sure? It's been two weeks and I'm nearly halfway to the max level. Faster than Halo 4 so far.

You earned around 1,210,000 XP so far. (level 60) For max. level you need to earn 50,000,000. And maybe they even add more levels later, you should be busy for a while ;)

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/max-sr-total-xp-needed-and-it-s-rewards/92cc2c88-3e28-454e-9688-f2b56cc56823/posts

• Upvote (+1) 5

Trying to escape battles in this game in FFA's are ridiculous. Empire, & Plaza are so frustrating in FFAs. Empire is a cluster fuck where you can't escape a fight once you want to & same with Plaza. The spawns are awful in FFA too. 

I like Halo 5 a lot but really, Halo 2 was so loved, instead of changing stuff & "trying new stuff out" (which rarely works), find solutions to whatever gripes most people have with it. Why add sprint, the maps are too big, the spawns get fucked up by the quick movement because BOOM all of a sudden somebody is shooting you off spawn because they sprinted in your direction & crossed the spawn-block threshold right after you spawn. 

I am literally complaining to see if anybody agrees/disagrees.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone have the following assassinations:

-104 Ways to Die

-That Took Guts

-Lawn Dart

-Spinal Tap

-Eyebiter

-Backbreaker

-Sweep the Leg

I'd like to put together a YouTube video for everyone to sample which assassination theyd like to acquire.

Any tips on how to stay alive in this game, seems like every time i have the whole team on me and there is nothing i can do.

This game highly rewards defensive play so just use your thruster at any sign of being shot at and never approach. Honestly, just play this whole game like how you would play Lockout. It isn't very fun but it is what you have to do to stay alive and win. 

Also if you search solo you are going to have a bad time.

fof_clutch_green.png

My stats are garbage can never seem to win and i die every 10 seconds.

you think yours are bad. This is what i get for playing this game's broken FFA

l_darkstrm_l_blue.png

This ranking system is silly; there's no reason I should be playing anyone in onyx/diamond while I'm still playing my first 10 matches.

I want my 1-50 back.

Read this. It pretty much explains how the ranking system works. It makes sense that you'd match against those during your placement matches. Placements aren't intended to measure you against other unranked or  low-ranked players, it's meant to find where you fall in the  distribution curve for skill.  Personally, I prefer this over the old 1-50 system. It's not perfect, but it's a sizeable improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This ranking system is silly; there's no reason I should be playing anyone in onyx/diamond while I'm still playing my first 10 matches.

I want my 1-50 back.

A ranking system that is basically '50 and done'. I'm not a fan of that. I like how once you reach Onyx and Champion you can try and grind to the top of those leagues, just like League of Legends. So whilst you are 'Champion', you can try and make your way to rank 1 Champion. There's always something to attain, whereas in 1-50 once you hit 50 there is nothing to attain.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Every map that has Caster would play better with Rockets.

The game would be better without every 343 weapon, especially those nades.

This game is such a massive step down in content compared to BO3.

Campaign, Zombies, Multiplayer, Multiplayer against bots, Dead Ops Arcade, that Zombies story thing which I cant remember the name of, Split screen, the training thing, customs, Theater, a load of gametypes, loads of little features too.

This has Campaign, Multiplayer, Theater, customs. There's no firefight or Spartan Ops, hardly any gametypes, no social, ect. It feels so barebones when you compare it to what you'd think would be the main game to compete against.

That being said i am enjoying H5, was surprised how much I enjoyed campaign too. 343 NEED to get some more content out as soon as they can though.

• Upvote (+1) 8

So Doubles is coming this weekend, that makes me very happy. Wont need a TO4 all the time to be able to play arena. But it needs to stay and not prove itself further. But while I love doubles, its going to be extremly sweaty with this ranking system. Which is fine, but, we really need a true social playlist already!

I enjoy or enjoyed Warzone a lot at the beginning, but now me and my 1-2 friends that are playing it have almost no more fun. Why? Not because it gets old, not because its unbalanced. Its because we match the biggest tryhards ever and that ruins the gametype for me. When I was done with the intense Arena matches I could just chill out a bit in Warzone and get some commendations. But now it seems like it matches me against all those Onyx players that try to flee from tryhard matches as well.

People used to run around and push for bases. It was consistent action and I had around 45 kills per game average. But now, all that people do is camp in the bases with power weapons and shoot cross map with BRs and DMRs. Its very boring to play this way.

And yea, that sounds like I just want to stomp on kids in Warzone right? Maybe yes, it used to be a fun playlist. Does it match people with the same cards? Would it help if I sell all my Tanks, Rockets and stuff? I am a competitive player, but sometimes I just want to sit back and chill a bit as well.

Doesnt feel like Warzone and chill anymore.

This game is such a massive step down in content compared to BO3.

The downside to BO3 is that it's Call of Duty.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo 5 didn't sell 6.6 million copies. What "reputable" site is claiming that? That math is just dividing 400 million by $60. But there's limited editions, console bundles and controllers in the mix as well.

Truth be told it likely sold between 2 and 3 million. Likely on the low end of that scale. Confirmed leaked retail numbers from NeoGaf sales thread show 1.5 million copies in US and 150 thousand in UK. Total US+UK retail copies 1.65m.

Again that's just retail copies, not digital and not in bundles. But add those numbers and EU and AUS and its still not much. (Japan sold 7k copies)

So there aren't many copies out there and 45 million REQ packs were opened in a week. I think the percentage they're giving to HCS is low.

If those numbers are right then they must have sold a literal shit ton of consoles and controllers.

Has anyone posted a video to show how to use it well? I suck so much with the damn thing.

You use the caster in the same positions you would use a sniper. Your goal is to hit where you think your opponent is going to be. Hip fire should only be used to bounce shots around corners, ADS should be used in the same positioning as a sniper, but you want to hit where you think they will be, rather than where they are. Caster can block any play it somebody godlike gets a hold of it.

It's good, but it's not good enough to be placed as a main power weapon on a map. It doesn't create movement the way Rockets/Snipers do. In fact I would put it in the same tier as the shotty. Heck, I'll take it a step further and say the shotty is better.

I agree with you, it doesn't create map movement, it blocks it for the other team. The problem is that nobody has gotten good enough with it for people to actually care that someone has it on the field & is in position with it. Shotgun in this game is great too, despite lack of ammo.

Playing in high onyx arena against a solid of to4 is downright laughable in this game in stronghold.  They literally had guys run around with storm rifles the whole game and mow people down, what a joke.  Is this what competitive Halo is going to be like everyone just sprinting around with AR, SMGs and Storm Rifles? I have an awesome solution to this problem nerf the automatics please. I miss older Halo's because of that one utility weapon that you can use in every situation.  It's really sad that Halo has come to this.  I'm expecting huge patches/updates to fix these glaring problems within the next few weeks and months.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

If those numbers are right then they must have sold a literal shit ton of consoles and controllers.

And if they did sell that many consoles, MSFT is probably happy. Those people will buy more games in the future.