CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

just out of curiosity..why is the "weekend social" ranked...its literally played just over the weekend...which is kinda dumb i mean why not make it weekly...whats this weekend shit....yeah brooo i got onxy in the weekend social....it shouldnt even be ranked to begin with

Plasma Caster so underrated!

It's good, but it's not good enough to be placed as a main power weapon on a map. It doesn't create movement the way Rockets/Snipers do. In fact I would put it in the same tier as the shotty. Heck, I'll take it a step further and say the shotty is better.

It's good, but it's not good enough to be placed as a main power weapon on a map. It doesn't create movement the way Rockets/Snipers do. In fact I would put it in the same tier as the shotty. Heck, I'll take it a step further and say the shotty is better.

I'd go for Caster over Shotty any day. If you know how to use it, it's one of the best guns in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd go for Caster over Shotty any day. If you know how to use it, it's one of the best guns in the game.

Has anyone posted a video to show how to use it well? I suck so much with the damn thing.

just out of curiosity..why is the "weekend social" ranked...its literally played just over the weekend...which is kinda dumb i mean why not make it weekly...whats this weekend shit....yeah brooo i got onxy in the weekend social....it shouldnt even be ranked to begin with

It's just a weekend playlist, not Weekend Social.

They are looking into Social playlists for the future

I don't know it just seems too high risk for not enough reward. Most weapons in this game kill extremely fast so messing up at all is instant death.

That clip is just so depressing. No-scope auto aim, bad AR spray, enemies with no thumbs. Celebrating that shitty part of 343's modern Halo makes me think even less of him :/

I hate this new direction so much, hopefully blops III will fill my empty fps void.

powerful spray weapons and easy sniping has been a problem for the most part since halo 2, it really has nothing to do with 343s "direction". Now if it was a montage of kids thrusting behind corners, then that would be a part of 343s direction.

Is Spartan Rank the progression ranking system in H5 similar to Halo 4's?

If so, I feel a progression system featuring no numbers would have been better. Despite Reach's not being skill based, people ate that shit up because the ranks were iconic. The only problem (as far as a progression system goes) was that it was too short, imo.

This ranking system is silly; there's no reason I should be playing anyone in onyx/diamond while I'm still playing my first 10 matches.

I want my 1-50 back.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If so, I feel a progression system featuring no numbers would have been better. Despite Reach's not being skill based, people ate that shit up because the ranks were iconic. The only problem (as far as a progression system goes) was that it was too short, imo.

It's like Halo 4's system, if Halo 4's system took longer than a month to max out.

I really like the plasma faster, would actually say it's my favorite power weapon in the game, and one if the more fun to use weapons in the series IMO.

I prefer mine slow.

you do realize that anyone can be kicked out of this band at any time right?

player 1 fights player 2..player 3 kills player 1 and player 2...player 1 spawns behind and kills player 3...player 2 spawns behind and kills player 1...and the cycle continues..the cycle continues...the others players get involved...(blind kid playing football gif) WTF IS GOING OOOONN!!

Yeah that sounds about right LOL...maybe I've played too many games with crappy FFA but it's about what I expected.  I played my first onyx FFA's tonight and did a lot worse than I was hoping tbh :(  But I didn't really feel like it was the game's fault...I KNOW I made some bad decisions and choked on critical kills in crunch time.  I was definitely in a worse mood after I played but already want to play more FML haha

Who else agrees there isn't a single redeeming factor about FFA in this game?

It's easily the worst Halo to play FFA in.

8 second respawn time - FFA is supposed to be about fast paced action, not staring at a respawn screen for 8 seconds after dying to AR spam. Halo has ALWAYS been 5 second respawn time except for in objective games. Changing this after more than a decade is dumb.

AR spam everywhere - Half the kills are from the AR. Maybe this changes if I get to a higher level (not yet placed) but seeing AR's constantly beat magnums which tells me the AR is far too powerful given its ease of use. In any other Halo game these low skilled players would be free kills.

Power weapons - I don't mind weapon pick ups in FFA, but I think it's ridiculous when you have a Fuel Rod cannon on the map with such a large magazine. Picking that thing up pretty much guarantees a top position since it has so much ammunition. Any power ups or power weapons should be right in the centre of the map to make it a risk/reward for running for it, not getting lucky and spawning near a rocket launcher as it comes up.

Time to kill is far too long - I'm pretty sure the vast majority of my kills are just me mopping up. I rarely get a chance to actually finish a kill I start since they sprint/thrust away straight into someone else. I'm wondering whether I should stop shooting people unless they're no shields so I'm not just helping others secure points.

I feel like I'm overwhelmed by enemies - despite the large map sizes and 8 second respawns thanks to how easily you can thrust/sprint/clamber around the map. The game needs to be limited to 6 players.

I've never been good at FFA but I played the hell out of Midship FFA in Halo 2. FFA in Halo 5 is really not enjoyable.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Plasma Caster is not a Tier 3 weapon. Its a decent Tier 2 weapon.

git gud

No but for real though that thing is a tank you just need to know how to use it.

Sucks on Truth because of how open the map is. On the Rig it is fantastic.

It's similar to Halo 4 but it takes like 10 to 20 times as long... if not more.

Also the unlocks are far more satisfying and rewarding IMO. I do miss the look of the older ranks though.