CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So i just noticed the voting ends tomorrow so maybe they are giving us the playlist thursday instead of friday?

:prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

For 500k to be 50% of what they made off REQ packs you would have to use insanely small numbers. Halo sold about 6.6 million copies the first week (they actually won't say how many copies they sold just sales figures but the 6.6M figure comes from a reputable website but sales figures included console sales) so lets say they sold 5M copies. Lets say only 10% of people bought ONE REQ pack. Myself and all my friends bought at least one so going from that, the 10% number is probably much higher. Lets say all those people only bought a Silver pack, again, A LOT of people probably bought Gold packs. Given these tiny ass numbers that means 343 made $995k the first week so 500k went to HCS which would be roughly 50%. Look at how tiny the numbers are for it to be 50%. Actual REQ sales I'm sure are MUCH higher. I didn't even take into account the amount of people that paid the $24.99 for the other REQ pack.

Halo 5 didn't sell 6.6 million copies. What "reputable" site is claiming that? That math is just dividing 400 million by $60. But there's limited editions, console bundles and controllers in the mix as well.

Truth be told it likely sold between 2 and 3 million. Likely on the low end of that scale. Confirmed leaked retail numbers from NeoGaf sales thread show 1.5 million copies in US and 150 thousand in UK. Total US+UK retail copies 1.65m.

Again that's just retail copies, not digital and not in bundles. But add those numbers and EU and AUS and its still not much. (Japan sold 7k copies)

So there aren't many copies out there and 45 million REQ packs were opened in a week. I think the percentage they're giving to HCS is low.

So i just noticed the voting ends tomorrow so maybe they are giving us the playlist thursday instead of friday?

Did last weeks end on Friday?

Also are we getting BTB and doubles this weekend?

Edit: I'm a newfaf how do I embed image here?

That was Clickeds first time casting, he did a great job!

So much knowledge I was immersed so hard

• Upvote (+1) 4

Fucking DUBS. Me and my very mediocre friend gonna be sweating it up for that platinum rank BOI

Reach for the stars man.

Did last weeks end on Friday?

Also are we getting BTB and doubles this weekend?

Edit: I'm a newfaf how do I embed image here?

BTB is next week sometime.

Kevin Franklin has been randomly retweeting praises for Halo 5 since launch. I think there are many positives to take away from the game but this tweet finally pushed me over the edge to unfollow. 

BTB is next week sometime.

Bruh. If 343 would release dubs and BTB for the same weekend my fallout 4 playtime would go down. Not by a huge amount but down regardless.

a_tb_3o3_blue.png

lol at those awful awful stats. I guess that's what running solo and broken aiming does to you.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Kevin Franklin has been randomly retweeting praises for Halo 5 since launch. I think there are many positives to take away from the game but this tweet finally pushed me over the edge to unfollow. 

I mean you can just turn off his retweets, but you know that Shay guy is a professional gamer. It says so right there on his twitter page.

https://twitter.com/Spartan_Shay117/status/664256298352033792

That clip is just so depressing. No-scope auto aim, bad AR spray, enemies with no thumbs. Celebrating that shitty part of 343's modern Halo makes me think even less of him :/

I hate this new direction so much, hopefully blops III will fill my empty fps void.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:o

fluffy_hcs_purple.png

tryhard.

a_tb_3o3_blue.png

lol at those awful awful stats. I guess that's what running solo and broken aiming does to you.

git gud.

spartan0s36_yellow.png

LOOK AT THAT CRISPY 40%

I need to save time to get gud.  :salt:

wat r u casul? 1v1 me m8. orion. ars only. ill rek u.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not the biggest fan of the Railgun. While it's acceptable in theory to have an easy, low skill, high power weapon in order to force conflict, I think the Railgun takes it too far. The Rocket Launcher is fine because it's risky to use past mid range and isn't reliable when used from a lower position, whereas the Railgun is point-and-click in most situations. This is coming from a spectator perspective, as I just don't find it very entertaining to watch. But I also don't find the AR to be entertaining, so what do I know :lxthul:

Wubbalubbadamnright

Check yourself before you rickety rickety wreck yourself.

51% magnum accuracy. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little proud of that.