CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Fucking DUBS. Me and my very mediocre friend gonna be sweating it up for that platinum rank BOI

I dunno man... give it time. I don't think the dudes who worked on BTB maps were focused on aesthetics at all. Just recreating a similar experience to the original maps. I know for a fact people can and will use the new color schemes to come up with some incredible looking stuff. Even H2A was impressive at times, and overall it wasn't great at all.

A good forger who can spend a few weeks alone on a map to optimize it without creative restrictions will create a much different (and better) product than a good forger who has less than a week to create a pseudo-remake.

Oh yeah. I definitely can't wait to see what the incredibly talented forgers do in December.

But as of right now, from even just looking at the map pegasus compared to any forge map in reach, the forge pieces in Halo 5 look incredibly bland and plain looking.

I don't know, maybe that's an opinion only I have, but lines everywhere on the forge pieces in Reach look much more appealing to me than the halo 5 pieces, regardless of how grey they are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno man... give it time. I don't think the dudes who worked on BTB maps were focused on aesthetics at all. Just recreating a similar experience to the original maps. I know for a fact people can and will use the new color schemes to come up with some incredible looking stuff. Even H2A was impressive at times, and overall it wasn't great at all.

A good forger who can spend a few weeks alone on a map to optimize it without creative restrictions will create a much different (and better) product than a good forger who has less than a week to create a pseudo-remake.

^ This

I can say with almost absolute certainty that Halo 5 forge maps will be the best looking forge maps we've seen yet.  It's just going to take some time for forgers to figure out how to get the most out of the new tools.  Regarding the BTB maps, the forgers had essentially zero time to think about appearance.  The visuals have all been done by 343, so don't judge the potential based upon those maps.  I have no doubt that forgers will use the forge tools far better than 343 does.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You say that, but getting high champion matches late at night is becoming impossible across a lot of playlists...

Clearly there is an issue with the current population and matching algo's, but if you are anything less than champ finding games is relatively easy. Hell, I'm ~Champ 30 in FFA and I've never had the issues some of you guys have had finding games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shut the fuck up with this Twitch numbers shit. CoD is bigger NO SHIT and it's also on 5 different platforms (last gen is pretty rough though) and one of those platforms is PC. Why the fuck are some of you so obsessed with mentioning Twitch numbers all the time? I'm glad you need validation on what games you should play.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo has 2.7k on twitch and Blops3 has 40k, but has is secretly bigger still bcause views don't matter.

Well, that's expected. cod is a popular multiplatform franchise. Of course it's way bigger than Halo, an Xbox exclusive. Those numbers show exactly that. And Blops3 just released, had over 100k 2 days ago and now it's 40k. Well...

Can somebody on 343 please explain to me why two options from last week is included again for this week vote? We all know doubles will win but really? Seems like we only have 4-5 options for a while....

Can somebody on 343 please explain to me why two options from last week is included again for this week vote? We all know doubles will win but really? Seems like we only have 4-5 options for a while....

Each weekend, we’re giving you the option to vote on which new or returning playlists you want to see in matchmaking. Each time a new mode is introduced, it’ll earn the right to be a poll option for two weeks, win or lose. That said, Shotty Snipers is once again a poll option in this week’s poll.

However, due to community request, a serious contender will also be an option for the next two weeks – Doubles. As a reminder, the most popular playlists have the possibility of becoming a permanent offering in the matchmaking lineup.

Vote in the below poll by 11:59 PM PT Wednesday night, and we’ll announce the winner after the poll closes. We’ll see you in matchmaking this weekend.

-Quinn DelHoyo, Multiplayer Designer

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/weekend-playlist-poll-11-10-15

• Upvote (+1) 2

Each weekend, we’re giving you the option to vote on which new or returning playlists you want to see in matchmaking. Each time a new mode is introduced, it’ll earn the right to be a poll option for two weeks, win or lose. That said, Shotty Snipers is once again a poll option in this week’s poll.

However, due to community request, a serious contender will also be an option for the next two weeks – Doubles. As a reminder, the most popular playlists have the possibility of becoming a permanent offering in the matchmaking lineup.

Vote in the below poll by 11:59 PM PT Wednesday night, and we’ll announce the winner after the poll closes. We’ll see you in matchmaking this weekend.

-Quinn DelHoyo, Multiplayer Designer

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/weekend-playlist-poll-11-10-15

That makes much more sense now. Than you sir.

No love? :(

m2uVXdI.png

*pic totally altered in every way possible

this is about trying to win the war of sustain against 343....action sack can wait bruh...doubles should have been in since day 1

• Upvote (+1) 1

In case any 343 employees are browsing here, already posted to GAF and reddit. These need to happen. @@Sal1ent @@Deez @@Frankie

My constructive criticism.

New maps out ASAP, new REQs, more gametypes in order of priority.
2nd most important thing is a SOCIAL GRAB BAG PLAYLIST, this has the 1st/2nd biggest impact on potential population declines in the game. TS/CTF/Stronghold, maybe even SWAT/Breakout/Snipes or in their own social playlist? I completely agree with having minimum playlists.
Make the weekend playlist 2x XP AND RP, also make it not ranked.
Add ranked Team Snipers and Doubles.
Add a post game medals screen, simple stuff.
Allow me to hear my fire team in the menus.
Remove the mindbogglingly terrible 1.5 second loading screen when I back out to the lobby/menu.
Try to make spartan companies in-game, getting so close to h2 clan system but fell short :(
Make the winning team be on top in the bottom right score counter and not the team your on, additionally organize players by team in custom games, so its RRRRBBBB instead of RBBRBRRB. No idea why this was changed and it really cant take more than a day to change this right?
Not my area but add campaign scoring/timing, at least make it inline with previous halos.
Please don't mess up file share.
Add theatre recording back, Xbox DVR 720p isn't quite cutting it.
This is a long shot but make the "oracle mode" comparable to other esport games spectator modes.
This is just my opinion but SLIGHTLY nerf AR and maybe autos in general, SLIGHTLY reduce magnetism (either wont happen but IMO it should).

Game will be VERY solid with these changes.

• Upvote (+1) 8

So I've learned some things about Warzone Assault the past couple days. I've matched Wasp and EL FLAKO's team of 12 and it was the dumbest shot ever. Having a team of that size in a playlist like that is just not fun. I feel bad because most people that play that aren't too good and thy have to play an entire team of 12. It's terrible. I also matched Victory X in and it was super legit trying to do better than a pro. When I was on his team I always did better (get req'd) but when he was on the other team we would get nothing done (entire team going neg). It was definitely fun but that leads to my biggest complaint:

ATTACKERS ARE AT A HUGE DISADVANTAGE. Now, obviously we all know this but there is one MAJOR flaw that this system is using. You only need one guy to be in the base to prevent a capture. One. If you have one teammate just hide in a corner somewhere it's impossible to win. They need to fix this ASAP.

Also, Apex 7 has terrible spawns in Warzone Assault. Pls fix 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed. Spawns are a real problem in this game.

they need to really fix it some people die way to quickly when you respwan

I remembered someone asked about this awhile ago, but you can now create Halo 5 gamercards!

http://www.armorwatcher.com/generators

the_little_moa_red.png

Yoooo. Minor issue with the Top Playlist text being too long and breaking it a little ubt this is dope.