CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Probably really bad since I guantee they'll make rockets, pit, and sniper spawn the 3 strongholds.

I think the sniper and the hydra were removed to leave room for the hills, and there's a shotgun in the little room behind garden stronghold, camo bottom snipe lift, and a railgun top mid.

Normally I would never suggest a shotgun on a map like Plaza but that layout works well for this combo.

Is Beyond Streaming this tourney in spectator mode like they did last week? I enjoyed that. 

Is Beyond Streaming this tourney in spectator mode like they did last week? I enjoyed that. 

Yep - should be around 9:15PM EST. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think the sniper and the hydra were removed to leave room for the hills, and there's a shotgun in the little room behind garden stronghold, camo bottom snipe lift, and a railgun top mid.

Normally I would never suggest a shotgun on a map like Plaza but that layout works well for this combo.

I'm talking Strongholds on Coliseum (if they ever put that in). Plaza plays ok with strongholds imo

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm talking Strongholds on Coliseum (if they ever put that in). Plaza plays ok with strongholds imo

Oops, my mistake.

Personally I think Coliseum has too many open sightlines to make Strongholds work. It's best kept as a TS/CTF map.

• "I need to know if this guy has ever played Halo before."

I know this is a serious post, but man that quote cracks me up every time these rules are posted.

Oops, my mistake.

Personally I think Coliseum has too many open sightlines to make Strongholds work. It's best kept as a TS/CTF map.

Agreed. It's a fantastic CTF map. The only map that i think rivals it in CTF is Fathom. 

It DOES need a bit of work on Spawns though. And for god's sake, close off those giant tunnels in the back of the base. 

Spawns are probably the biggest issue with these maps, maps like fathom, truth, coliseum and empire are probably the best maps but even they can devolve into random encounters because the spawning just cuts into everything.

Spawns are probably the biggest issue with these maps, maps like fathom, truth, coliseum and empire are probably the best maps but even they can devolve into random encounters because the spawning just cuts into everything.

Agreed. Spawns are a real problem in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How 343 Industries changed Halo..

I'm a huge fan of Halo since I was a kid, but I'm kind of disapointed on how 343 Industries did Halo 4 and 5. The reason why I love the game at first was because of Master Chief. Back when Bungie was making the game, Master Chief was a real badass, He would always say some epic jaw-dropping stuff for example in the Halo 2 campaigne at the end where he used the covanant bomb to destroy the enemy's ship, Cortana asked him what if he miss the bomb and he replied, " I won't". Or when you take down that giant scarab and then walk out of it as a freaking boss. For me this is what 343 industries is missing, the "epicness" of Master Chief. Also, Bungie was good at making most epic moments of Master Chief during the gamplay but also some in the cutscene for example we killed the scarab playing the Master Chief but also got the satisfaction of whatch it go down as he walked away, and the last mission on Halo 3 where the Chief and the Arbitor escaped(It is still my favorite mission). Halo 2 and Halo 3 had so many good cutsenes in where we see how badass Master Chief. I admit that 343 Industries made some good cutscenes but they are mainly missing the epicness of the Master Chief, in Halo 2 and 3 he used to save the world many times by himself but that changed in Halo 4 and 5. I must say I was disapointed in the Halo 5 campaign. I've waited years for this campaign and was very excited about it. The campaign was OK but I anticipated something better. First, it was short and out of 15 missions, we only play with Master Chief for only 3 also I didn't liked the idea of having a team, he always worked solo with cortana so why, when he tries to find Cortana, would he want a team, plus they were mostly there doing almost nothing. Also there was very few, or none, epic moments of Master Chief in the whole campaign.

What are your thoughts about Master Chief, the Halo campaingns and how 343 Industries changed Halo. 

How 343 Industries changed Halo..

I'm a huge fan of Halo since I was a kid, but I'm kind of disapointed on how 343 Industries did Halo 4 and 5. The reason why I love the game at first was because of Master Chief. Back when Bungie was making the game, Master Chief was a real badass, He would always say some epic jaw-dropping stuff for example in the Halo 2 campaigne at the end where he used the covanant bomb to destroy the enemy's ship, Cortana asked him what if he miss the bomb and he replied, " I won't". Or when you take down that giant scarab and then walk out of it as a freaking boss. For me this is what 343 industries is missing, the "epicness" of Master Chief. Also, Bungie was good at making most epic moments of Master Chief during the gamplay but also some in the cutscene for example we killed the scarab playing the Master Chief but also got the satisfaction of whatch it go down as he walked away, and the last mission on Halo 3 where the Chief and the Arbitor escaped(It is still my favorite mission). Halo 2 and Halo 3 had so many good cutsenes in where we see how badass Master Chief. I admit that 343 Industries made some good cutscenes but they are mainly missing the epicness of the Master Chief, in Halo 2 and 3 he used to save the world many times by himself but that changed in Halo 4 and 5. I must say I was disapointed in the Halo 5 campaign. I've waited years for this campaign and was very excited about it. The campaign was OK but I anticipated something better. First, it was short and out of 15 missions, we only play with Master Chief for only 3 also I didn't liked the idea of having a team, he always worked solo with cortana so why, when he tries to find Cortana, would he want a team, plus they were mostly there doing almost nothing. Also there was very few, or none, epic moments of Master Chief in the whole campaign.

What are your thoughts about Master Chief, the Halo campaingns and how 343 Industries changed Halo.

343 swapped master Chiefs one liners for human emotion. At that point which is better is a pointless question.

343i constantly stressed John having a more human expression than a robotic soldier one in this saga; he isn't (exactly) the Security Officer from Marathon.

Besides, the latter isn't even human, he was just a cybernetic weapon for use by two warring AI's

Why don't they leave the playlist in for the entire week, even if 2x XP is limited to weekends only.

It's not like the game is overflowing with playlists that it couldn't do with one for a full week instead of 3 days.

Why don't they leave the playlist in for the entire week, even if 2x XP is limited to weekends only.

It's not like the game is overflowing with playlists that it couldn't do with one for a full week instead of 3 days.

You say that, but getting high champion matches late at night is becoming impossible across a lot of playlists...

Doubles!

pzqBCvc.gif

Doubles for days, and just keep it as a perm playlist please ;)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm playing Reach right now because i've had to send my xbox one to a repair facility, and regardless of how grey the maps are, the forge maps actually have texture and look better than the Halo 5 ones.

That's kind of sad.

Also I won't have an xbox the weekend that has doubles, dammit.

I'm playing Reach right now because i've had to send my xbox one to a repair facility, and regardless of how grey the maps are, the forge maps actually have texture and look better than the Halo 5 ones.

That's kind of sad.

A testament to Bungie's art style. Still find Reach's forge pallet boring tho

ALSO DOUBLES HYPE

That's kind of sad.

I dunno man... give it time. I don't think the dudes who worked on BTB maps were focused on aesthetics at all. Just recreating a similar experience to the original maps. I know for a fact people can and will use the new color schemes to come up with some incredible looking stuff. Even H2A was impressive at times, and overall it wasn't great at all.

A good forger who can spend a few weeks alone on a map to optimize it without creative restrictions will create a much different (and better) product than a good forger who has less than a week to create a pseudo-remake.