CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

They should put OS in the Flower Room, that way there is some balance to which side of the map you want to contest during the match.

I'm more concerned about how the Hydra just straight doesn't live up to the sniper. Not only the map has far too many corners for the thing to lock onto any target, but the Sniper is by far the most powerful weapon in the game, and Plaza has a lot of windows and sneaky areas. This could be approached a few ways, namely by replacing Hydra with plasma caster (would be great for how many corners the map has), rockets, railgun, etc.

I think having a power-up in the center is definitely beneficial to the flow of the map. It might be worthwhile to test out camo too, and maybe even put it bottom mid instead of up top.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm assuming they didn't build join in progress for this game.

They did. It's present in Warzone. Don't get where people get the idea that they didn't code in the ability to include "non-ranked" playlists or JiP. They're both IN the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

well, dunno what to tell ya there. im guessing they havent created a join in progress system yet.

Plz god no this is not happening here

UM0EJvf.jpg

Since 2001.

I don't care for social. But Josh makes a good point...excluding the quitters.

I'm sorry I don't share popular opinion around here. Don't reply to me if you don't like my posts, it's as simple as that.

No, his points are garbage that make no sense.

"We're not going to give you social, so just head on over to the ranked playlists and pretend it's social"

This is why searching solo sucks ass. Just like Josh said, there are people in matchmaking that don't care about their ranks. And guess what, we all get matched with them, ruining our experience.

This is troll worthy stuff from Josh/343.

Just go and pretend it's social, no big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why didn't they make the hydra a more powerful brute shot without the melee bonus

It does nothing well compared to the other map power pickups

Since 2001.

I don't care for social. But Josh makes a good point...excluding the quitters.

I'm sorry I don't share popular opinion around here. Don't reply to me if you don't like my posts, it's as simple as that.

Its as simple as 343i not creating separate playlists for ranked and social.

It does nothing well compared to the other map power pickups

What are you talking about? The Hydra's godly if you know how to use it.

In fact, I'd argue that it's an even better pickup than the Sniper Rifle on Plaza.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In fact, I'd argue that it's an even better pickup than the Sniper Rifle on Plaza.

The Hydra only works well if the other team is for whatever reason distracted or not expecting you to be in a certain spot. When it comes to a standoff, it's not a match for the sniper in the slightest because of how long it takes to lock-on, fire and for the projectiles to travel (which are also easily evaded). Most decent players will rip your face off or descope before you even get a chance to lock-on, forget about even attempting it at pro level.

And overall, there's nothing that's a better pick-up than the sniper in Halo 5, let's get this out of the way now. There's a reason it's on a 3 minute timer while rockets are on 2.

• Upvote (+1) 3

well, dunno what to tell ya there. im guessing they havent created a join in progress system yet.

I've literally got banned for 2 weeks from the Halowaypoint because I expressed my frustrations with this in Halo 4.

Anyone have any tips for the jump from bottom mid to railgun on fathom? Cant do it for the life of me 

Imagine an invisible ledge right at the edge of the thing people jump at. Don't jump early when you go for it. Jump from closer to the wall and crouch and you'll land it 100% of the time. People just jump right at the edge and miss it sometimes and its because you're really trying to jump above it to land on an invisible ledge.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Hydra's lock on is suited for open scale BTB denial which is great except there's no BTB lol

if you're going for player area denial we already have the plasma caster, rocket launcher, and FRG. If you want lane denial there is the sniper and the DMR. After about half a second with the hydra you can lock on and shoot it around shit, which is cool, but lacks the damage of the rocket launcher and the windup is time you could have been shooting.

I see it as a lateral weapon that doesn't really play to either denial types well. The one point I can give it is that it looks like the MOD-3 from FEAR somewhat

Has there been any word by any 343 member about putting in party restrictions?
I have onyx in every playlist bar 2 and it felt extremely easy getting there because the games where you beat a bunch of randoms while you're in a team of four feel meaningless...

I'm curious how many people have tried to run 2v2 and/or 3v3 in Halo 5? I was thinking about some of the issues with the spawn system as well as how its basically CE spawns in reverse where you spawn the other team not your team. Realized the issues with it would lessen with fewer players just like CE's spawn system works better with fewer players. 

I have no idea how it would play out because of the sandbox but I wouldn't mind seeing a 2v2 or 3v3 with faster spawning weapons/power ups. I actually want faster spawning everything in any mode but that's beside the point.

What kind of "basic math" can you do without any idea what the req pack sales have been like? $500,000 is the only number we've been given in regards to req sales, and that's just the portion that's going towards prize pools.

For 500k to be 50% of what they made off REQ packs you would have to use insanely small numbers.  Halo sold about 6.6 million copies the first week (they actually won't say how many copies they sold just sales figures but the 6.6M figure comes from a reputable website but sales figures included console sales) so lets say they sold 5M copies.  Lets say only 10% of people bought ONE REQ pack.  Myself and all my friends bought at least one so going from that, the 10% number is probably much higher.  Lets say all those people only bought a Silver pack, again, A LOT of people probably bought Gold packs.  Given these tiny ass numbers that means 343 made $995k the first week so 500k went to HCS which would be roughly 50%.  Look at how tiny the numbers are for it to be 50%.  Actual REQ sales I'm sure are MUCH higher.  I didn't even take into account the amount of people that paid the $24.99 for the other REQ pack.

I'm more concerned about how the Hydra just straight doesn't live up to the sniper. Not only the map has far too many corners for the thing to lock onto any target, but the Sniper is by far the most powerful weapon in the game, and Plaza has a lot of windows and sneaky areas. This could be approached a few ways, namely by replacing Hydra with plasma caster (would be great for how many corners the map has), rockets, railgun, etc.

I think having a power-up in the center is definitely beneficial to the flow of the map. It might be worthwhile to test out camo too, and maybe even put it bottom mid instead of up top.

I don't think something like Camo should be in the middle out in the open like that. It should be placed somewhere to allow the team that gets it to flush out snipers.

Hey guys. Time to get serious for a second to hopefully make this topic and the rest of the forums a better place to be. You'll have noticed that after Halo 5's launch, people are unhappy with the game for a variety of reasons like map design, Spartan abilities, weapon balancing, playlist offerings, etc. For lack of better terms, the honeymoon phase has ended and people are beginning to air their grievances with the game.

That's fine, nobody expects you to love every aspect of the game and I myself have a ton of things that I dislike about the game too. However, when sharing your dislike for a lot of these things, you're moving extremely close to the "bashing" territory that we made clear back in 2013. 

Here's a reminder of that exact rule for everyone:

Similar to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we've been very loose with this rule lately because the game is new and everyone is going to be slightly more annoyed than normal and tend to post things they'll later regret so we've been very iffy on banning people straight up. We hoped that after a short time, these posts would stop and people would continue posting constructive feedback and contribute positively but it seems that after two weeks, this hasn't changed at all. 

I'd like to make it perfectly clear that this rule, as well as every other rule currently listed in our Forum Rules topic is being enforced. If you fail to follow any of these rules, you will be suspended from the forums. Like it says in the rules, warnings are not required and they should not be expected.

To touch on developer bashing a little more, we've seen a lot of backseat posters coming in, saying things like "X sucks, 343 is an incompetent developer", leaving for a few hours and coming back and doing the same thing. This usually results in other users jumping in, quoting and agreeing with more "343 is incompetent" and more arguments about how they aren't.

This type of posting is not allowed, either.

You're absolutely free to share your dislikes and concerns about the game, we encourage it as much as possible but you must do it in a constructive manner.

While some examples are mentioned above, I feel like it is worth offering more up to date examples that relate to Halo 5: Guardians. Below you'll find three examples of criticism and bashing, each shown in parallel to show what the same post could look like.

As you'd expect, it simple is not possible for us to list every single example because as time goes on, the discussions will change so we ask that you use your best judgement if something is criticism or flat out bashing. If you think your post is going to come across as bashing, it probably is. My inbox is always open if you have any concerns about posts you plan to make.

Ultimately, it is up to Staff to decide if your post is criticism or bashing and before any bans are made, we will discuss it as a team to ensure we're all on the same page. 

If you have any questions about moderation or you'd just like to ask the staff a question, please do not hesitate to post in the Site & Tournament support section found here: http://teambeyond.net/forum/forum/37-site-tournament-support/.

Feel free to reach out to any of us in a private message, my inbox is always open.

Thanks. We know a lot of you care about Halo and the franchise as a whole and we're re-enforcing these rules to ensure that your points come across as constructive and useful. We don't want to good posts to be lost in pointless and petty arguments that span from a post that is breaking the rules.

-Staff

Literally the next post....

Is it just me or does 343i have Bipolar disorder ?

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Honestly I thought I'd like plaza strongholds, since rig strongholds is actually much more fun the ts rig, but I actually still hate that map.

I wonder how coliseum would play with strongholds.

Literally the next post....

:weback:

That was my bad, was writing that piece of art same time as Moa posted his reminder, yes you can shame me to oblivion, yes it was a tasteles joke.

I find it unfair how many req points arena gives :kappa:

For real, I find it much more efficient to just go into Warzone, race some Scout Hogs around, ignore the objective, and take my 1400 RP for a 3-6 minute game.

I don't think something like Camo should be in the middle out in the open like that. It should be placed somewhere to allow the team that gets it to flush out snipers.

Which is why I think bottom mid is better than top mid, it's a much riskier position for a sniper to cover. What could be a better location though? Putting it where the Hydra spawns instead?

That was my bad, was writing that piece of art same time as Moa posted his reminder, yes you can shame me to oblivion, yes it was a tasteles joke.

It tasted like developer tears  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly I thought I'd like plaza strongholds, since rig strongholds is actually much more fun the ts rig, but I actually still hate that map.

I wonder how coliseum would play with strongholds.

Probably really bad since I guantee they'll make rockets, pit, and sniper spawn the 3 strongholds.

I just got a good laugh out of it's positioning in the thread.  Comedy is all about timing.