CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The people who don't care quit, there, now it's a problem.

well, dunno what to tell ya there. im guessing they havent created a join in progress system yet.

• Downvote (-1) 6

josh has a point in his tweet... those who care about rank will, and those that dont... wont.

exactly..

who cares?

Ya. Josh has a point.

Its just a very, very stupid one.

What about those that do care about rank but don't want to all the time? Caring about something isn't a switch that can be turned on an off at will.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Swear to god you guys, everyone whining about no social, h6 is going to be back to having no ranks. 

Also, can't wait for AR/Pistol Starts in BTB with a sniper that aims for you.

The issue is a competitive game can be played causally.

A competitive game that can be played casually can have ranked and social playlists so everyone has a place to fun have at anytime. I can have have fun being super sweaty for an hour or two then dick around with friends in social playlists for the next three hours.

Sometimes I wanna chat with friends rather than calling out every second of the game, other times I wanna call out so we call win.

BUT APPARENTLY IT TOO HARD TO JUST MAKE A RANKED PLAYLIST AND A SOCIAL PLAYLIST.

343i is just so incompetent to realize YOU CAN HAVE BOTH. 

IT WORKED DECENTLY IN HALO 2 AND 3.

ANd now that we have a pretty badass ranking system WE ARE CURSED TO BE SWEATY 24/7 except in warzone IN WHICH I DONT WANT TO PLAY ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 3

WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAACE

YES!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! SOMEBODY GOT THE REFERENCE!!!!! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

josh has a point in his tweet... those who care about rank will, and those that dont... wont.

exactly..

who cares?

Because I care and I'm getting matched with people on my team who dont care because there isn't a social playlist for them to go fuck around in.

Everytime you post, I can barely reply because I seriously feel like I'm falling for a troll.

Jesus christ man...no social playlist make sense? When the hell did you start playing?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have noticed some thing about 343 you say you want some thing, and they take it to the extreme here is ranked but you aren't aloud to have social fuck off and deal with it. This is josh holmes make sure to grab all your friends that aren't good and take them into onyx to get destroyed and hate the game.

The decisions they make over there are beyond human comprehension....

Why do they seem to avoid rationality at all costs?

343 is killing the casual scene. And quite frankly that's the vast majority of players. I have no words... #sustain

I thought Construct was pretty dumb. The map literally rewarded you for losing control by giving you camo. If, as the leading team you went ahead, contested it and killed people bottom mid, you'd give them a spawn up top. It was a stupid scenario each time... and it came to a lot of standstills leading up to camo respawns. Personally, I didn't like it at all.

If we're going to have maps that come to standstills it should at least be a map with two snipers so that one person can clutch it for their team. Pit for example came to a standstill almost 9 times out of 10 in close high level games, but it also often was decided by someone clutching it for their team with the sniper, and it's always an awesome to watch/satisfying feeling.

Plaza is too segmented to make TS work. I matched Naded's team the other day and it came to a complete freeze near the end until OS spawned and it was impossible to move because it was 49-49 and the sniper is too easy to risk contesting it. Ended up losing of course. But not too long ago they added Strongholds on Plaza in Team Arena and I have to say it's the one gametype so far that manages to make the map work. Because of the way the scoring works, people are just always moving, so the segmentation isn't as much of a problem. 

Regret I don't have as much of a problem with as I do with Truth. The main thing holding it back are the power items on it. Fuel Rod is a bit lame, storm rifles just too strong on a map like that, OS gets burned a lot... I find myself using the Needler more than the rest.

They should put OS in the Flower Room, that way there is some balance to which side of the map you want to contest during the match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The decisions they make over there are beyond human comprehension....

Why do they seem to avoid rationality at all costs?

343 is killing the casual scene. And quite frankly that's the vast majority of players. I have no words... #sustain

Halo 5: guardians sustain edition coming soon... includes forge,party restrictions,social playlist. Until than get some req packs for the low price of $2.99

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seem to remember the 50% number being thrown out on some pro streams. Could be  :intel: or could be just guesstimates. Regardless it has to be something decent considering how much the prize pool grew on week 1.

I HIGHLY doubt it's 50%.  Doing any kind of basic math you can tell it's not 50%.  Not even close.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The real issue with no social is because of it we also don't get real ranked playlists. They're trying to make these ranked lists appeal to everyone so they prioritize fast search times with loose skill matching and no party restrictions.

So in essence we have a social/ranked hybrid that really isn't catering to anyone.

What we really want is REAL ranked lists with PARTY restrictions and real social lists with fast search times.

Couldn't really give a fuck at this point with how H6 will turn out. Just don't fuck up Halo 3 Anniversary.

• Upvote (+1) 3

im starting to get annoyed by people playing warzone that are just being afk in the homebase to grab easy points after the game

they move and shoot once in a while to not get kicked :/

Today I leaned that 343i was a group of stereotyped middle-eastern people...

Well, they DID destroy long-standing historical facets of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It sucks that almost every time i feel like just chillin and playing some h5 i dont because warzone isn't fun and i dont want to derank because of shitty teammates. Where the hell are the social playlists? Solo Q? ...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I HIGHLY doubt it's 50%.  Doing any kind of basic math you can tell it's not 50%.  Not even close.

What kind of "basic math" can you do without any idea what the req pack sales have been like? $500,000 is the only number we've been given in regards to req sales, and that's just the portion that's going towards prize pools.

Anyone have any tips for the jump from bottom mid to railgun on fathom? Cant do it for the life of me 

crouch jump onto the little ledge there. i repeatedly crouch jump when i do it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because I care and I'm getting matched with people on my team who dont care because there isn't a social playlist for them to go fuck around in.

Everytime you post, I can barely reply because I seriously feel like I'm falling for a troll.

Jesus christ man...no social playlist make sense? When the hell did you start playing?

Since 2001.

I don't care for social. But Josh makes a good point...excluding the quitters.

I'm sorry I don't share popular opinion around here. Don't reply to me if you don't like my posts, it's as simple as that.

• Downvote (-1) 2

The real issue with no social is because of it we also don't get real ranked playlists. They're trying to make these ranked lists appeal to everyone so they prioritize fast search times with loose skill matching and no party restrictions.

So in essence we have a social/ranked hybrid that really isn't catering to anyone.

What we really want is REAL ranked lists with PARTY restrictions and real social lists with fast search times.

I'm assuming they didn't build join in progress for this game.