CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The thing i am excited for is if i wan't to play by myself i get to match part's of 8. #Nopartyrestrictions

Yup, the playlist will be dead before too long. 

I don't see how this is hard, Halo 2 had BTB clan matches ffs. Just do that 343! Full parties against full parties and a social BTB playlist for all the random searchers. 

I used to have some intense Halo 2 BTB clan matches, like full strats and everything, so much fun. I mean Bomb on Headlong? Shit was fun as hell. Sprint and thrusters will ruin that map as well though, sigh. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just make an alt. Derank your placement games. Boom, you have social.

-Josh Holmes

I just pick a playlist I don't care about, like Team Slayer, and treat it like a social playlist. That's just me, though.

I just pick a playlist I don't care about, like Team Slayer, and treat it like a social playlist. That's just me, though.

All i've done is just share an account with my wife. It's essentially like I derank half my games. Half the time im bronze skill. Half the time im onyx skill. The ranking system doesn't know what the fuck is going on lol.

There isn't a whole lot of difference between me "caring" and not "caring" when im searching solo so even if I put my non caring pants on I still end up with the same rank.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/Brav/status/664164744593408000 

ranked btb confirmed no confirmation on if social is even possible in this game.

Imagine high level BTB players trying to find a match. Here we go again. 

I agree. I reckon the game UI hasn't been built to allow for a playlist to not show a rank, which is fucking ridiculous. They will never admit it though, instead we'll get tweets like this.

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/661754772089782273

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/661760209535131648

The thing great about Ranked BTB is you won't have to deal with people being in your face 24/7 with a AR/SMG/StormRifle....

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't see how this is hard, Halo 2 had BTB clan matches ffs. Just do that 343! Full parties against full parties and a social BTB playlist for all the random searchers. 

I used to have some intense Halo 2 BTB clan matches, like full strats and everything, so much fun. I mean Bomb on Headlong? Shit was fun as hell. Sprint and thrusters will ruin that map as well though, sigh. 

I've never understood the problem with social btb. In reach I played hardcore BTB and there was always atleast one person in your party who was friends with atleast 1 person on the other good parties searching. So you could just hunt each other. When I played there were two BTB crews who were head and shoulders above the rest and we matched each other constantly.

Then again, you'd also have to go through tons of games vs teams of thumbless kids.

https://halo.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=665059098&player=CoooooooooooP

Yea, I don't think they even have social playlist capabilities in the game at all yet. They really think they know what's best for us players and we're wrong for wanting anything different. No BTB or social playlists makes that clear. Not even to mention the fact that all the BTB maps when that playlist launches will be forged. 

Lazy or incompetent? 

Holy shit this cannot be real life.

it's old news. It's still absolutely ******** though.

I agree. I reckon the game UI hasn't been built to allow for a playlist to not show a rank, which is fucking ridiculous. They will never admit it though, instead we'll get tweets like this.

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/661754772089782273

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/661760209535131648

Do they not realise that one of the fundemental points of a visible rank is to make people care?

Hey guys we put in this rank to give you something to care about

HOLY FUCK STOP CARING ABOUT IT!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hurr durr lets rank CASUAL PLAYLISTSSSSSSS

WHY DOES HALO HAVE SUCH INCOMPETENT DEVS...........

SO we're gonna rank INFECTION next??????

Well its not like infection is in the game anyways....

Wow and still no word on party restrictions? BTB is gonna be so much fun playing on (probably laggy) Forge maps matching to8 vs randoms all day every day.

when is this playlist coming out?

I'm not so sure about that (I play(ed) A LOT of BTB). One of the major downfalls of that map was how long it took to get to the opponent's base and how easy it was to camp with rockets and win the game. It's going to be harder to do that now with the speed to cross the map. I think thruster will allow you to solo to areas much better too. For example; going from camo to beam was pretty risky. I hope they prevented an easy portal-->top of the base jump though. That would be OP.

I just wish they would make ORIGINAL BTB maps. It's the only thing I think they did well with in H4 (as unbalanced as a few were).

They need some help at 343. Everything is great in moderation. That includes ranks and social playlists. Their last game (H4) launched without ranks and it sucked for a lot of people. Their current game launched with ranks in everything but some weird moba mode nobody really cared about anyways. It sucks for a lot of people. 3 Warzone maps. No social playlists. No original BTB maps. I seem to notice a trend here boys. Maybe swinging back and forth to both extremes doesn't do anything but alienate large numbers of people?! 

They take everything to the extreme where they need someone to just slap them and say no and to scale their ideas back in a way that serves more than one niche at a time. They're doing a terrible job of balancing expectations as a whole and just pander to one group at a time rather than putting out a portfolio of work that has something for everyone like bungie strived to provide. They even took the #sustain to the next level and just ripped half of the game out and decided to release it in bits and pieces. 

tl;dr - They screwed the competitive players in H4 and now they've screwed the casual players in H5. I can't be the only one to notice that they struggle to not tunnel vision one thing at a time at the expense of everything else

• Upvote (+1) 9

YEAH! I KNOW! ISN'T THAT RIDICULOUS?!?!1 AHHHHHAHAHAHAHA! I remember that one time on waypoint when some kid asked for Xray vision, and everybody in the thread laughed, I laughed, the kid was called a moron. We all knew it would ruin Halo so why would 343 do that!??! Just a dumb idea to think they'd put that in a Hal....Halo4vision.jpegOh.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.e7krpt.jpg

WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAACE

• Upvote (+1) 2

id say the game. is. not casual friendly at all because ita actually forcing players to be good at. aiming. im in plat 4 and dug. my way out from gold div... and my god, the quitters are still running rampant.

I don't know how much aiming is really going on with all the assault rifle spraying

Edit: thank you mobile auto correct

Swear to god you guys, everyone whining about no social, h6 is going to be back to having no ranks. 

Also, can't wait for AR/Pistol Starts in BTB with a sniper that aims for you.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

josh has a point in his tweet... those who care about rank will, and those that dont... wont.

exactly..

who cares?

• Downvote (-1) 5

Swear to god you guys, everyone whining about no social, h6 is going to be back to having no ranks. 

Also, can't wait for AR/Pistol Starts in BTB with a sniper that aims for you.

We need both. Giving us options isn't 343i's style though. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

As far as I can tell not a single person had asked for either 100% social or 100% ranked, but if that was to happen that's 343i's fault for interpreting these complaints poorly.

josh has a point in his tweet... those who care about rank will, and those that dont... wont.

exactly..

who cares?

The people who don't care quit, there, now it's a problem.