CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm sure you're not. Are you playing solo?

I'm still pretty addicted to it. If I can play some Arena or Warzone w/ friends I can go all night. The only thing keeping me is work early/often. 

Might drop my playtime w/ Fallout 4 and RotTR these next few weeks but I won't be stopping altogether. 

My honeymoon phase continues...

Warzone is just the same shit again and again idk man its not that fun for me

Arena is alright

Ranked BTB will defintely get me back into it

Warzone is just the same shit again and again idk man its not that fun for me

Arena is alright

Ranked BTB will defintely get me back into it

Yeah, Warzone isn't for everybody. We get groups of 12 and just destroy teams. Using our boosts we get a fuck ton of req packs every night. 

It's good mindless fun. 

Add me if you're looking for someone to game with: Vin FTW

They need to make every weapon as hard as the pistol in the very least. That will improve this a huge amount in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They need to make every weapon as hard as the pistol in the very least. That will improve this a huge amount in my opinion.

I don't think that's the best way to go about it.

K.I.S.S.

Just make the Pistol 4SK. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Initiate negbomb simulation

You're neg bombing a strategy that leads to more Halo releases and increases the odds of getting a great Halo game? You and your participants are fools.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did halo 5 ever get top streamed on twitch?

the most it got was around 50k.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone remember the gametype, Hell, and the map it paired with, Earth? "Hell on Earth" as it read was one of the most intellectually puzzling game modes for me in Halo 3.

With Halo 5's new Spartan Abilities + Forge, I wonder if a new adaptation will be made along the same lines as above. I play Halo to compete against other players, but Hell on Earth practically reminded me how I was simply playing a game with many levels of fun to it and wasn't all about "who the best player is." Forge can honestly create endless hours of fun.

Tbh, when I think of Forge I think of Hell on Earth immediately.

I believe that was made by BuddhaCrane. He's still on my list after all this time. He made one puzzle in H2A and hopefully he makes more in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did halo 5 ever get top streamed on twitch?

Yesterday CoD had 140k+ and H5 had sub 1,500.  I shed a tear.

-mango

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't they have a large hand in the creation of the MCC, H4 and H2A MP?

They created H2A MP, and helped out with the final map pack for Halo 4. 

Yep, and the Defiant Map Pack from Reach as well as most of H4's DLC.

I seem to recall hearing that H2A MP was something they pretty much built from scratch, but I'm not 100% sure on that. H2A Forge was definitely their baby.

Their maps are extremely good for screenshots and quick flythrough videos for press releases and such, but in gameplay there's almost always needlessly glaring lights, excessively dark shadows, frame drops, and unequal geometry even on symmetrical maps.

Crimson and Majestic weren't done by Certain Affinity. 

was remnant ever fixed?

Nope. That's the biggest issue with Certain Affinity's maps - they focus way too much on making it look pretty and giving it a lorey story before even thinking about the frame rate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo is going to keep basing itself around long, extrapolated gunplay, then it should just drop the recharging shields, full stop.

Make it health-based and suddenly a lot of these problems would go away. It would even become a decent 1v1 game again, or at least it would be getting there.

Dont give them any more ideas..

Back to MCC. I'm done. Spawned into gunfire 3 times on regret from a dude bum rushing with the AR. Fuck it

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Back to MCC. I'm done. Spawned into gunfire 3 times on regret from a dude bum rushing with the AR. Fuck it

staples-easy-button.png

If you keep spawning in the same spot its probably your teamates fault.

If its ffa....well thats on you, ffa is bad. 

the most it got was around 50k.

only because of Summit. 

sucks to see the devs be so open to H5 prior to launch but it seems like they will not be coming around anymore unless to talk about  announcements. 

They created H2A MP, and helped out with the final map pack for Halo 4. 

Crimson and Majestic weren't done by Certain Affinity. 

Nope. That's the biggest issue with Certain Affinity's maps - they focus way too much on making it look pretty and giving it a lorey story before even thinking about the frame rate.

Blame the Xbox One on that, so many corners had to be cut to make Halo 5 look decent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be fair if halo 2 was ffa on every map and not just midship, it would be atrocious as well.

I think they are just still unsure of what works and does not for ffa in this game

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Blame the Xbox One on that, so many corners had ti be cut to make Halo 5 look decent.

And yet rise of the tomb raider looks amazing so...