CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

what do you want to play?

Either this:

...or I'll take the second trombone.

Do Lemon, Spartan and I not get a say on if he comes in? It's our band too.

well no one has decided anything yet, as I said before we require auditions.

If this band isn't called "The Lemon Party" I'll be slightly disappointed.

that's his side project, lemon joined after metallic taste of hate formed.

People just claim thrusters uses are limited to escaping around corners when they're in fact needed to navigate maps, objective stall, create a distracting audio cue, outshoot opponents, cancel a LOT of animations, add depth to an otherwise awful close quarter combat system, balance out the other abilities, create a trade off for the increased ease of shooting of lower sensitivities, and much, much more. You'd just create a shit ton of other problem with an attempt at fixing a questionable one in the first place.

I find thruster really useful when chasing down kills.  I think the movement options (including sprint) are cohesive and add depth.  I'd be disappointed to see them discounted so quickly.

Anyways I'm really enjoying H5 a lot so far.  I probably won't play it as seriously as I used to play H3...maybe that's why I'm not being as picky.  But H5 does seem to have the intangible fun factor that the series has been falling short of lately.  Friends I used to play H3 with are actually coming back for this one and I'm having fun again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think it would be interesting if you were hit half shields for everytime you thrusted, and the thrust didnt have a wait time, it was just instant. this way, if you thrusted three times, you basically would kill yourself. first one would be half shields, then second no shields, then a third time would kill you.

this concept is from quake, where rocket jumping gave you a distinct advantage of height or evasion or even aggression... but you hurt yourself each time you did it.

id welcome that change.

but thrust dmg would have to be limited to arena.

i think it would be interesting if you were hit half shields for everytime you thrusted, and the thrust didnt have a wait time, it was just instant. this way, if you thrusted three times, you basically would kill yourself. first one would be half shields, then second no shields, then a third time would kill you.

this concept is from quake, where rocket jumping gave you a distinct advantage of height or evasion or even aggression... but you hurt yourself each time you did it.

id welcome that change.

I think that would just get way too convoluted.

The ideal remedy for the "thrust problem" in my opinion would be a decrease in the perfect kill time to around 1 second. That would solve many of the issues that thrust brings to the sandbox while still maintaining it's benefits to Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This has 315k viewers?

why are we not talking about stuff like this? there is obviously an intrest and audience for this game.

The FaZe channel has 3 mill subs, of course it's going to get a lot. No offence to Kampy either--I think it's a good tage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, it's looking like cod fans got another good game (but, maybe they're just honeymooning, I can't imagine any game in the modern era being spared from Interent sadomasochism). I would love it if Halo went to yearly release with different studios working it - increases the odds of getting a good game and fresh perspectives. Who would be the Treyarch of Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 10

id welcome that change.

That would make it unusable as an offensive tool. In fact, it'd just promote using it to run away.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was playing so well last night, team arena playlist solo.  Went from plat 4 to 6.  Woke this morning,played two of the worst games of my life.  Back down to plat 5.  I guess I suck early in the morning. Or should I say, suck even more in the morning :/

Well, it's looking like cod fans got another good game (but, maybe they're just honeymooning, I can't imagine any game in the modern era being spared from Interent sadomasochism). I would love it if Halo went to yearly release with different studios working it - increases the odds of getting a good game and fresh perspectives. Who would be the Treyarch of Halo?

Initiate negbomb simulation

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The ideal remedy for the "thrust problem" in my opinion would be a decrease in the perfect kill time to around 1 second. That would solve many of the issues that thrust brings to the sandbox while still maintaining it's benefits to Halo 5.

the concept of thrust though seems like rocket jumping. other than the risk of using your thrust, and waiting for it to charge... there isnt much penalty of using it... remember shadowrun's teleport... you wkuld run out of mana or tele into a brick wall lol.

just thinking outside the box ;)

I never had a chance to play the beta but am i the only that thinks that this orion was better then the launch version? Besides the annoying sun flare, the beta version look like it played better. Which brings me to say that how the hell did 343 manage to downgrade that map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxyRPRBwhww

Certain Affinity. :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, not exactly pleased with the way they advertised it. So many rumors regarding Shadowrun and it's not even mentioned, despite it being in the picture in the third row. On the other hand, after talking to the developers or Monday Night Combat, they had no interest in making their game backwards compatible and have an awful relationship with Microsoft. However, their game is releasing in the first 100!? W/e, at least I was thrown a bone and I got one highly competitive deep shooter on the backwards compatibility list.

Every advertisement I've seen had Reach in the front and center, which left me with the impression it was confirmed for day 1. I still play Reach on my 360 all the time, but was looking forward to streaming it on Xbox One.

I never had a chance to play the beta but am i the only that thinks that this orion was better then the launch version? Besides the annoying sun flare, the beta version look like it played better. Which brings me to say that how the hell did 343 manage to downgrade that map.

This version looks way better than the one in the game now. Snipe side isn't as open.

better, but still garbage

of all the things wrong with breakout, thrust isn't one of them, coincidentally it has a 3 shot magnum.

Certain Affinity. :)

Yeah why the fuck was Certain Affinity not given Halo? They've been helping out for years. 100 bucks says these mother fuckers would make a quality Halo game both in essence and in gameplay. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1