CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You're wrong and i'm done with this discussion. If I wanted to have dumbass discussions i'd go to waypoint.

What a concession. I've given concrete arguments concerning the for's and against's and you haven't actually addressed any of them, you basically just keep re-iterating some version of the stat-whore argument, which I've already proven to be falacious.

So I go -1 and I don't rank up even though I have the most assists and damage dealt on my team. My buddy on my team goes 1-0 because he camped in the corner with scatter shot and never moved but he ranks up.

You are a genius /s

If your buddy managed to go an entire game without losing a life, while at the same time putting a point on the scoreboard for you, he was less of a liability than you. You fed your opponents, he didn't. Hate to tell ya, but merely inflicting damage in a game with recharging shields and health doesn't always mean much. If you lost lives and have nothing to show for it but 'inflicting damage', you failed. I could take pot shots from across the map and rack up more damage over the course of a game than someone who went K/D positive, but doing that isn't inherently meaningful. I'm not saying that K/D is the only way to contribute in a game, but it's unquestionably the most important. It's directly what the game is about. All the other stuff is context based and meaningless to try and quantify.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I genuinely can't get my head around Regret, which side of the map should you try and control?

What a concession. I've given concrete arguments concerning the for's and against's and you haven't actually addressed any of them, you basically just keep re-iterating some version of the stat-whore argument, which I've already proven to be falacious.

If your buddy managed to go an entire game without losing a life, while at the same time putting a point on the scoreboard for you, he was less of a liability than you. You fed your opponents, he didn't. Hate to tell ya, but merely inflicting damage in a game with recharging shields and health doesn't always mean much. If you lost lives and have nothing to show for it but 'inflicting damage', you failed. I could take pot shots from across the map and rack up more damage over the course of a game than someone who went K/D positive, but doing that isn't inherently meaningful. I'm not saying that K/D is the only way to contribute in a game, but it's unquestionably the most important. It's directly what the game is about. All the other stuff is context based and meaningless to try and quantify.

K/d is far from the most important. The most important thing in the game is that you communicate and you work together as a team and play for the objective and if you end up with a + k/d then that's a bonus for you. The only game mode where k/d plays a factor is slayer for obvious reasons.

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My quote of your post got deleted too  :wutface:

How would one go about checkin which dedicated server they are playing on?

there are several options to do that, the most common are either directly through the router (eg via an open dd-wrt plugin) or run the consoles internet through the PC from which you can then monitor everything via a software (wireshark does it i think)

I genuinely can't get my head around Regret, which side of the map should you try and control?

Big tower, top mid, small tower rotate side to side killing them.

If this update dosen't have some really good news im probably going to get a refund and my halo days are over rip 2003-2015.

you should be able to choose your region so you dont get fucked with dedicated servers (NA East/West, EU East/West, Australia ect ect) but then the population problem will kick in.  what if not enough people of the same rank are playing in a region?  

you should be able to choose your region so you dont get fucked with dedicated servers (NA East/West, EU East/West, Australia ect ect) but then the population problem will kick in.  what if not enough people of the same rank are playing in a region?  

maybe have a pop-up then saying

"no players within your criteria found - please switch to the global server to find players matching your skill"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Surely that cannot happen with h5's popularity?

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Then you get this msg vv

CTJ-gRlU8AE6z6n.jpg

#WeBack

Loving the ranking system more and more. Dropped 3 ranks now cuz I am drinking/getting drunk :) and this is the way it should be. (althout to4 matchups are also the issue)

Finally a game that can not be played autopilot in any state :)

Guess tomorrow will start the grind back from diamond 1 again haha

Team snipers was my favourite playlist in every Halo. But this playlist is serious cancer. Never have I ever been so frustrated while playing Halo. Nearly everything sucks. The Sniper rifle sucks, the shotty is op. The maps are awful for snipes and I dont want to start talking abput my terrible teammates

Ugh I just really want forge now. There's actually a Halo game now that I want to see competitive forged maps using default settings.

Also minigames. Minigames were a big part of my Halo 3 experience

Ugh I just really want forge now. There's actually a Halo game now that I want to see competitive forged maps using default settings.

Also minigames. Minigames were a big part of my Halo 3 experience

Yeah I'm already getting bored of MM. For the last 8 years, that's when I would find a custom game lobby and have some fun. Now the only option is finding intel in the campaign missions.

Yeah I'm already getting bored of MM. For the last 8 years, that's when I would find a custom game lobby and have some fun. Now the only option is finding intel in the campaign missions.

Pretty much. Finding HaloLFG was a godsend in MCC and its pretty much useless until December

Blops 3 has 120k viewers. H5 is down to ~2k for what might be the first time (during peak hours).

RIP boys. Can't say we didn't try.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I played on that map once, and just before I lagged out I was trying to get the damage boost. What the fuck is up with that placement?

Some idiot thought the exposure and risk would be cool.

Blops 3 has 120k viewers. H5 is down to ~2k for what might be the first time (during peak hours).

RIP boys. Can't say we didn't try.

This pile on/mob mentality with the negativity and doom and gloom is getting fucking ridiculous.

Bunch a whiny sheep in here.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Cliche responses like that reveal you're a waste of time to debate with, but feel free to actually list arguments. Mine is simple: in an enviroment where everyone is playing solo, you're better off having a ranking system which is better suited for that style of interaction. This does not in any way affect W/L playlists for party teams. Everyone has been understandably complaining about how it's almost pointless to play solo against a full party and that the two systems would be better off being separate. If that were to be done, this system works well for the solo because your own performance is what is being measured, which, you know, makes sense considering it's a solo playlist and all. That way, you don't get as badly penalized for being matched up with terrible teamates and you don't get rewarded for being a bad player on a winning team. People with more individual skill rank up, and those with less rank down. Teamwork and communication are still rewarded with securing map and weapon control which makes it easier for everyone on the team to go positive.

I've stated a clear, concise case, I haven't resorted to ad hominems or non-sequiturs and feel I've won this argument with you.

Guys, we get it. It's getting crushed by black ops on twitch. We knew this was gonna happen. It's release day and a Friday.

Are you really surprised?