CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Good lord. If anyone exits this playlist after this weekend and says the Sniper is fine, you shouldn't be allowed to have a say in anything any more.

Pretty sure 343 told us they were going to nerf the shotgun. I don't think that ever happened either. At least not a meaningful one.

So I place champion 41, win next game and rank down to champion 54.

k

While you're playing, other Champion ranked people are playing too. Just happens that a couple people who were ranked below you earned more points to their rank than you did. It happens.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty sure 343 told us they were going to nerf the shotgun. I don't think that ever happened either. At least not a meaningful one.

Range was reduced and the clip size was reduced by one.

When a ranking system rewards wins. People play for wins.

When a ranking system rewards stats. People play for stats.

You're underestimating what the K/D ranking system brings to the table and how it functions. You realize that you only need to go +1 in a game in order for it to count as a rank up for you, there's no difference between a +1 and a +50, so if you're comfortably above that, say +4, that game is basically under control as far as rank is concerned and taking risks to help your team win has no consequence for you. The most important stat isn't your overall K/D (which doesn't mean shit as far as the ranking system goes) it's how many games you went positive in. People still want to win the match, communicate and buddy-up in a K/D ranking system because when your team has better control of the map and weapons, you're less likely to be killed by enemies and can more easily secure a positive K/D. That's common sense, and it's weird how everyone acts like K/D would magically turn the game into a fiesta. All it does is ensure that everyone pulls their own weight first and foremost. It doesn't mean people have to stat whore or can't take risks to help win the match.

• Downvote (-1) 8

You're underestimating what the K/D ranking system brings to the table and how it functions. You realize that you only need to go +1 in a game in order for it to count as a rank up for you, there's no difference between a +1 and a +50, so if you're comfortably above that, say +4, that game is basically under control as far as rank is concerned and taking risks to help your team win has no consequence for you. The most important stat isn't your overall K/D (which doesn't mean shit as far as the ranking system goes) it's how many games you went positive in. People still want to win the match, communicate and buddy-up in a K/D ranking system because when your team has better control of the map and weapons, you're less likely to be killed by enemies and can more easily secure a positive K/D. That's common sense, and it's weird how everyone acts like K/D would magically turn the game into a fiesta. All it does is ensure that everyone pulls their own weight first and foremost. It doesn't mean people have to stat whore or can't take risks to help win the match.

You're wrong and i'm done with this discussion. If I wanted to have dumbass discussions i'd go to waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i asked the other day aboht the twitch overlay that tells you you're broadcasting and how many viewers.... with the new ui update, that festure is missing. anyone else having this issue?

Had a solid team wrecking Shotty Snipes, got to champion 2 people had to leave, no one online went in as 2's get fucking stomped, now im by myself. I hate this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

why has my post been removed?

it might have been a bit heavy worded but everything was backed up with facts :/

edit:

well i was too salty so nvm :)

So I go -1 and I don't rank up even though I have the most assists and damage dealt on my team. My buddy on my team goes 1-0 because he camped in the corner with scatter shot and never moved but he ranks up.

You are a genius /s

• Upvote (+1) 4

Could forge streams ever be a thing?

Damn if the community was large enough that could be awesome 

• Upvote (+1) 2

why has my post been removed?

it might have been a bit heavy worded but everything was backed up with facts :/

do you have any screenshots of your those server/ping stuff to send out to @@Sal1ent?

Just posted this on Reddit as i've not seen it mentioned before.

I just lost a game because my team mate lagged out and our random quit and I lost 12 points on Onyx. I've won countless games and haven't levelled up once. The fact that there is no way for team mates who have lagged out to re-join is awful, especially since my friends aren't quitting, they're randomly disconnecting from the Azure servers.

I wish they'd explain fully, how it works and not leave community members to work it out. If you're scared of people boosting then increase your ban hammers effectiveness and ban them. It should be painfully easy to see who's boosting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

less ranty short version

- tested dedicated servers today

- 11/11 games were US dedi servers but im from EU (even with EU majority lobby)

- pings of 120 - 200 are very fun to play on 343i

- matchmaking system decides a dedicated server first before it tests if everyone from the lobby can connect to it, H5 is probably the only game on earth that does this

- 343i being 343i

My quote of your post got deleted too  :wutface:

How would one go about checkin which dedicated server they are playing on?

Just posted this on Reddit as i've not seen it mentioned before.

Oh shit. That's not good.

que the booster accounts.

As soon as the other team gets to 49 kills have the booster accounts quit out.

I just lost a game because my team mate lagged out and our random quit and I lost 12 points on Onyx. I've won countless games and haven't levelled up once.

I wish they'd explain fully, how it works and not leave community members to work it out. If you're scared of people boosting then increase your ban hammers effectiveness and ban them. It should be painfully easy to see who's boosting.

I know man, you know what annoys me the most? I've tweeted them after about the ranks multiple times....no answer. I tweet Josh Menke who no longer works at 343i but because that dude is a boss and loves his work he 100% has always replied to me.

i could do that if you want to

We should give it a shot at least, I can't really give any proof that I keep getting matched on US servers but I have some pretty nasty lags/hit detections problems some times