CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Some guy on Waypoint said he actually spent $250 on req packs. That is just sad.

Yeah! How dare they spend money how they want and help fund the HWC prizepool and free maps! /s

I have not spent money on Req packs and likely won't. There are many things to complain about when it comes to H5:G, but the way other people spend their money isn't one of them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How do I view the most played games on Xbox live?

Go on xbox one store on the console and there should be a most people playing section

At the VERY least, party restrictions should be added to the higher divisons where there are no noobs that would complain about games being a bit slower.

It's barely a ranking system in the true sense because outside of champion there's no real possibility of dropping so you can play as badly as you want with no consequences after reaching each threshold, which is not how a ranking system is meant to work. Your rank is supposed to be dynamic in both directions; losing rank when losing and gaining rank when winning.

To be honest, I'd like to see a simple zero-sum system where when you win a game you get a point and when you lose a game you lose a point. Your rank is then literally your win-loss spread and players with similar spreads are matched up. Everything sorts itself out naturally then and you don't have to conjure up some fancy complex system which usually always has flaws. Additionally, the system would work differently depending on whether it's a clan match (aka full party) or solo. In solo, if you went K/D positive you win a point and if you went negative you lose one. That helps stop random shit team mates from ruining your rank. In clan match where you actually have a full party, it's then based purely on whether you win or lose the game and not your K/D.

That would fix all problems and make it a true ranking system.

That would be so easy to exploit and k/d should NEVER factor into ranking.

Don't worry, I'm sure some fan boy is over there right now trying to justify that guy's purchase with some bs logic along the lines of "but it's his money, what do you care what he spends it on... as long as it makes him happy" or some other weak sause justification LOL! 

We have starving, homeless people but as long as he's spending $250 on req packs it's justified!  :rollseyes:

we have starving homeless people and yet everyone here owns thousands of dollars worth of video game consoles and games.

Dumb logic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

...How the hell did I go Onyx in SWAT when I don't think I ever went positive outside of my first placement match?

Somethings fucked up with swat and FFA ranks. Everyone gets onyx in those two playlists.

Yeah! How dare they spend money how they want and help fund the HWC prizepool and free maps! /s

I have not spent money on Req packs and likely won't. There are many things to complain about when it comes to H5:G, but the way other people spend their money isn't one of them.

At least some people are logical.

I hate when people complain about what people spend their money on. 

Like you don't see me criticizing people going out to bars when you can buy beer cheaper at the store. 

Or that people pay money to go to concerts to hear songs they've already heard.

Like they call it disposable income for a reason, you cant save everyone in the world with your decent job.

That would be so easy to exploit and k/d should NEVER factor into ranking.

Honestly I always liked Black Ops II ranking for league play, they had a solo rank and a team rank. 

Heres a quote from the wiki: "A player's league is determined by how many games they win or lose. If they lose often, then they'll risk being demoted to the league below. If they win often, then they will be promoted to the next League."

Anybody have an idea when the will be added Shotty Snipers in this weekend? I was hoping for a 4am release.

we have starving homeless people and yet everyone here owns thousands of dollars worth of video game consoles and games.

Dumb logic.

Logic that you can't follow doesn't make it dumb. If you don't understand the difference between a video game/console and spending $250 on in game content that can be unlocked for free over time, then that's on you. Bottom line is that it's dumb to do so as deemed by majority opinion.

Am I the only one that does NOT thrust, or sprint out of combat if I'm outplayed, solely because I know how much it'd piss me off in the event it happened to me, and know I should fairly lose? No? Just me? I'm a wucken feirdo with a weird sense of honor. .-. 

Am I the only one that does NOT thrust, or sprint out of combat if I'm outplayed, solely because I know how much it'd piss me off in the event it happened to me, and know I should fairly lose? No? Just me? I'm a a silly bad kid who should git gud.

FTFY

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only one that does NOT thrust, or sprint out of combat if I'm outplayed, solely because I know how much it'd piss me off in the event it happened to me, and know I should fairly lose? No? Just me? I'm a wucken feirdo with a weird sense of honor. .-.

Sprint and thrust shouldn't even be in the game and the maps should be designed to support that.

343 made halo 5 with thrusters because they want the bk's to be able to get away when they make a mistake, so they enabled a quick get away option with the thruster. This essentially makes the game last longer for bk's, and the longer they stay alive the more fun they have, which is the main objective of 343

FTFY

>:c

Eat my Magnum.

Sprint and thrust shouldn't even be in the game and the maps should be designed to support that.

I know why it's in the game, it's why I avoid its use in combat. :P

>:c

Eat my Magnum.

I know why it's in the game, it's why I avoid its use in combat. :P

A shame that others don't follow your lead. They rather thrust away and still have a negative k/d to show for it lol!