CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's a mythic req card. Just keep buying Golds and hope for the best.

You're supposed to get Bronzes, then Silvers, then Golds. No need getting shit you could get otherwise in cheaper packs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm starting to dislike this ranking system... Whats the point of getting Champion rank if it's going to take forever to find games, and unless you continue to play the playlist daily, you'll eventually lose your Champion rank without even playing. 

Grinded for over 5 hours yesterday to get in to Champ in FFA. Was a good distance up into the top 200, but i still lost it well i was asleep. Looking at HT i do only need 1-2 games played to get it in Champ. But do i care enough still to want to? I don't know. I feel like i already got my "FFA 50" and want to move onto getting a 50 elsewhere. But nope, sleeping deranked me to Onyx 2053.

The system does work though for matching similar skilled players. Last night i played nothing but known FFA gods and pro's. Every game almost came down to last kill, with all 8 people only separated by a couple kills. 

Your doing it wrong.  This game is like the final match in Karate Kid 3.  Take a point, lose a point.  Essentially you are going to rank up because you beat the hell out of players that are worse, but then you stop playing so that your rank goes down.  Fire up a game and you are playing against weaker players, making them suffer.  No mercy.  Put em in a body bag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm level 90 and I still don't even have one.

Girls are Mythic cards, very hard to get. Just keep opening those packs

Girls are Mythic cards, very hard to get. Just keep opening those packs

I bought 4 gold packs and all I got were multiple Batchford cards  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm starting to dislike this ranking system... Whats the point of getting Champion rank if it's going to take forever to find games, and unless you continue to play the playlist daily, you'll eventually lose your Champion rank without even playing. 

Grinded for over 5 hours yesterday to get in to Champ in FFA. Was a good distance up into the top 200, but i still lost it well i was asleep. Looking at HT i do only need 1-2 games played to get it in Champ. But do i care enough still to want to? I don't know. I feel like i already got my "FFA 50" and want to move onto getting a 50 elsewhere. But nope, sleeping deranked me to Onyx 2053.

The system does work though for matching similar skilled players. Last night i played nothing but known FFA gods and pro's. Every game almost came down to last kill, with all 8 people only separated by a couple kills. 

I've been saying it for quite some time now, and Champions should get matched up with anyone in Onyx, and even players in the highest tiers of Diamond (5 or 6) for multiple reasons. It would increase the potential matchups, reducing the search times by a large amount. It would make obtaining Onyx far more challenging AND rewarding than it is now. It would also make it so it's a bit harder to go from Onyx to Champion (or least requires more consistency due to progressing slower against lower level opponents).

The ranking system itself is great, the Matchmaking parameters just need a bit of work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anybody think radar should stay in Arena? 

I don't care either way, I think the radar doesn't allow you to do anything which sound whoring wouldn't. The main problem I have with it is the fact that the AR is just too powerful to ever counter. That coupled with the fact that aiming up close is awkward, it's never a fair fight when the opponent is waiting and knows where you're coming from.

I'd nerf the AR and fix aiming before removing the radar. Then again I don't find it as useful for opponents as I do to know when I'm close to teammates.

Fuck no.

I fucking hate it. 

Every game: "How the fuck did that guy know I was... Oh yea, never mind."

AR or Scattershot corner camping watching that radar like a pro. 

I feel like there needs to be some sort of radar. The amount if flanking, assassinations and people walking around each other would be ridiculous.

Does anybody think radar should stay in Arena? 

didn't mean to -rep that.

No, radar definitely has to go. As someone else in here said earlier, The maps (probably) play drastically different with radar off compared to on. Maps that we current hate, could actually play 4's well if we can't see everyone moving around on our radars. Also it'd eliminate the lameness of crouch walkers. Crouch walking doesnt do much if they can't see you walking on radar. Hate crouch walkers so much.

The idea of radar only showing people thrusting & sprinting is interesting. That'd be something i'd consider testing.

I want the radar gone completely. I already know where nearly everyone generally is through my teammates positions and how that is pretty much the entire spawn system. Notice your team not spawning near where you did? Someone is right next to you crouching and you know nobody is where he just spawned. Know that they're respawning? Its nowhere near where any of your team is standing unless you're all blocking different spawn zones then it'll get random. If that isn't enough I can also hear people walking, crouch walking and thrusting from a mile away. All of that on top of call outs.

We do not need more ways to know where people are.

The radar is shit, and is the root of the AR being too strong over the pistol. If people didn't have the radar to indicate when EXACTLY to pull out the AR, it wouldn't be so annoying.

343 really messed up in the details of this game. The game has a skill gap and a lot of great things going for it, but man is this fucking game annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Map flow seems so random in this game. I think I have an area secured and next thing I know someone is flanking me from behind. What's worse is I can't react well either because of the weird aiming. It's like I hit a dead zone at some point.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Map flow seems so random in this game. I think I have an area secured and next thing I know someone is flanking me from behind. What's worse is I can't react well either because of the weird aiming. It's like I hit a dead zone at some point.

If you hate bad map flow I hope you don't play much Orion.

EDIT: HOLY FUCK IT'S CHRISTMAS THEY ARE REMOVING ORION

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its all your team and the other team deciding where spawns are. They'll generally spawn behind you constantly if you have people that push into their location and leave areas behind you empty. Take The Rig for example. Lets say your team is outside at basement/catwalk/nest etc. The other team is going to be BR/Camo/Rail etc. When you guys push and kill some of them you either have to leave the BR tower free so that they keep spawning there or you have to turn around to either the basement ramp, back basement/cat or nest depending on which area you abandoned when you pushed into BR tower because that will be their spawn every single time and if you don't turn around and collapse on the spawners or push all the way in to kill them all and reverse the setup you'll get stuck between their entire team if they realize whats going on. 

That stuff gets really crazy and random though running random 4s with no mics

My girlfriend is playing her first game of halo right now in warzone and I think she's enjoying it actually. She's never really liked halo. She likes battlefield a lot, but she's really enjoying it so far I think.

Also watching her use the br and pistol is pretty funny.

I feel like there needs to be some sort of radar. The amount if flanking, assassinations and people walking around each other would be ridiculous.

What's actually ridiculous is the camping and general degeneracy the radar promotes. Since when were flanks and assasinations a bad thing?

• Upvote (+1) 1