CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm starting to dislike this ranking system... Whats the point of getting Champion rank if it's going to take forever to find games, and unless you continue to play the playlist daily, you'll eventually lose your Champion rank without even playing. 

Grinded for over 5 hours yesterday to get in to Champ in FFA. Was a good distance up into the top 200, but i still lost it well i was asleep. Looking at HT i do only need 1-2 games played to get it in Champ. But do i care enough still to want to? I don't know. I feel like i already got my "FFA 50" and want to move onto getting a 50 elsewhere. But nope, sleeping deranked me to Onyx 2053.

The system does work though for matching similar skilled players. Last night i played nothing but known FFA gods and pro's. Every game almost came down to last kill, with all 8 people only separated by a couple kills. 

I honestly can't take a strong stance on the maps right now because radar ruins any map and makes them play much differently than they otherwise would.

>My excuse for whenever I do poorly in a match

BxCiYU3IIAAjhB3.jpg

Yet he has time to type out probably the longest message I've seen on the Xbone's terrible UI.

How is that possible?

Maybe guy was letting his little brother use his account 

Enemy team of 4. I versed them 7 times in a row.

Also, I've played 9 games on regret and lost 9 times. That map is a absolute piece of shit. Only time I went positive on it was when I used the storm rifle. Garbage.   :salt:

Also, @@Sal1ent why am I versing teams of 4? It feels like I'm being punished for searching by myself. It's pathetic. It's literally a guaranteed loss as my team either sucks ass or can't communicate and the enemy team just cleans us up because they can talk. Why is this not restricted :(?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This game is in desperate need of forge and new maps. I absolutely love this game, but i need more maps and variety. I think every map is beautiful in its own way but still similar.

>My excuse for whenever I do poorly in a match

BxCiYU3IIAAjhB3.jpg

How high a level do you have to be in life to get not one, but TWO chicks? Level 60? 80? ...69? Also, judging my that gamertag, I'll guess he does 12 marijuanas a day... Possibly with frogs.

How high a level do you have to be in life to get not one, but TWO chicks? Level 60? 80? ...69? Also, judging my that gamertag, I'll guess he does 12 marijuanas a day... Possibly with frogs.

I'm level 90 and I still don't even have one.

Does anyone else use the Magnum exclusively for most maps?

Occasionally I pick up the DMR on Coliseum, but that's it.

It's just feels so much faster and less clunky than the BR and the DMR.

It's easy to get two chicks, you just need imagination...

I'm starting to dislike this ranking system... Whats the point of getting Champion rank if it's going to take forever to find games, and unless you continue to play the playlist daily, you'll eventually lose your Champion rank without even playing.

Grinded for over 5 hours yesterday to get in to Champ in FFA. Was a good distance up into the top 200, but i still lost it well i was asleep. Looking at HT i do only need 1-2 games played to get it in Champ. But do i care enough still to want to? I don't know. I feel like i already got my "FFA 50" and want to move onto getting a 50 elsewhere. But nope, sleeping deranked me to Onyx 2053.

The system does work though for matching similar skilled players. Last night i played nothing but known FFA gods and pro's. Every game almost came down to last kill, with all 8 people only separated by a couple kills.

I look at it like onyx is the 50 and then from there the 50s have something to still work towards.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly can't take a strong stance on the maps right now because radar ruins any map and makes them play much differently than they otherwise would.

Yet he has time to type out probably the longest message I've seen on the Xbone's terrible UI.

Thats obviously 360 lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I look at it like onyx is the 50 and then from there the 50s have something to still work towards.

Yeah, same. but for a lot of us, we get placed into Onyx straight out of our 10 placement games. So 10 games played and i've got what is set out to get, and im all done with that playlist essentially. By Friday i could easily be done with every playlist in the game. Theres nothing to work towards unless you want to grind the playlists daily to keep your self in Champion.

If Onyx is the new 50, it needs to be WAY more difficult to get into.

Played around 22 games of Slayer with a friend, ended up getting to Onyx 1555 from Diamond 2. Only lost around 2-3 games. Great fun. Didn't match many, if any teams of four and games were nearly perfect in terms of skill.

This game can be great when the matchmaking works and matches randoms/TO2s against randoms/TO2s.

Beyond warzone stomping? anyone in?

How many you got? I'll get in on this.

I feel so un-enpowered playing H5. Everyone of half decent skill just thrusts away and you are left to chase and die or just wallow in the fact that they have a "get out of jail free" card. The aiming seems to fight me at every turn and feels incredibly un-intuitive. The maps and spawning just amplify this problem as well. The maps are so FUCKING CLUTTERED and lack any sort of flow. They dont feel like halo maps at all. The spawning is just as terrible. I have been spawn killed so many times by teams just running in circles around the map. Not teams set of and have me spawn trapped. Just me spawning in there line of sight when there are TONS of places i could have spawned in relative safety.

The most infuriating part is that this can all be fixed. Its not the shit hit-reg of halo 3 or the hard coded flinch of h4. The fact that this is what shipped is sad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly just bring back 1 through 50 and do seasons with that. There is such a varied skill level between plat, diamond and onyx, it's silly.

Also, last night me and a buddy, both onyx, got paired with 2 other onyx and we playex 2 diamonds and 2 plats. We won 100-0. Why does the ranking system allow this?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How high a level do you have to be in life to get not one, but TWO chicks? Level 60? 80? ...69? Also, judging my that gamertag, I'll guess he does 12 marijuanas a day... Possibly with frogs.

It's a mythic req card. Just keep buying Golds and hope for the best.