CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

• Orion - 343, just make due with your pride and admit the map is trash and nix it from every playlist. This map sucks. The person who designed the map doesn't need to be banned to exile or anything lol. Just remove the map and replace it with something else. stop being lazy and give us real maps.

fixed

It's really funny how people went from saying Eden was shit to saying it's amazing, and how regret went from being awesome to shitty.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ye....well some dlc coming out soon right? Skyline in Halo 4 was the best unique 4v4/ 2v2 map of the game imo. There's still hope.

Also, Halo 6!!

Most DLC will probably be remixes of existing maps and forge maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's really funny how people went from saying Eden was shit to saying it's amazing, and how regret went from being awesome to shitty.

It actually is. I'm a very critical person when it comes to power weapon choices mixed with power-up availability and their positions... And I legitimately think that is one of the most balanced asymmetrical maps in the past few games in the franchise. For example, rockets on that map, I think work great! Rockets on Coliseum, absolutely stupid.

fixed

Nothing to do with them being lazy, the map is just ass.

I think it has to do with the change of power weapons on the maps. I don't remember what they were from the beta, but I know that didn't have camo, shotty, OS, or fuel rod. Eden plays 100x better with camo and OS. I prefer it for Stronghold than I do slayer, but that's just me. I personally never liked Regret, but I think it could benefit from Having a sniper on it maybe or something other than just fuelrod and OS.

Most DLC will probably be remixes of existing maps and forge maps.

the cheapest possible way to implement new maps.

Oh man, I was watching the beyond 1v1 broadcast and it's just really not fun to watch. Hopefully we can get some good 1v1 maps with forge, turn off the radar and have some interesting games.

Sure, but Eden/Empire and Truth/Regret play nothing alike, so I really don't mind it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I see BlOps 3 doing pretty well.

I have no earthly clue why people think Battlefront or Fallout will overshadow Halo 5, though. Fallout won't have multiplayer - and I can almost guarantee you that that game will go over the heads of most of Halo 5's population and they'll keep playing H5 just out of ignorance. Or not. Idk.

I wouldn't count out Fallout just like that, in 2009 fallout 3 was the 13th most played game on Live. That ain't bad for a single player game that released in 2008.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it has to do with the change of power weapons on the maps. I don't remember what they were from the beta, but I know that didn't have camo, shotty, OS, or fuel rod. Eden plays 100x better with camo and OS. I prefer it for Stronghold than I do slayer, but that's just me. I personally never liked Regret, but I think it could benefit from Having a sniper on it maybe or something other than just fuelrod and OS.

I'd like plasma caster and os. The walls look like they'd lend themselves to the weapons bouncing nature.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like plasma caster and os. The walls look like they'd lend themselves to the weapons bouncing nature.

Reach grenade launcher > Plasma caster. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't count out Fallout just like that, in 2009 fallout 3 was the 13th most played game on Live. That ain't bad for a single player game that released in 2008.

after the series had literally been dead for years prior. Seriously, fallout 3 is one of the only time a series gameplay changed entirely and worked out.

Makes sense to cut cost and quality of DLC when they make a shitton of money from REQ sales in week one alone. They added 500k to the HCS prize pool so they must've made at least ten time the amount with REQ sales. Wasn't their excuse for microtransactions free DLC? They're trying to have their cake and eat it too.

It feels as though the pistol is much harder to aim and yet my accuracy stats seem to suggest otherwise.

LR- 65%

Pistol-60%

Carbine-56%

BR- 52%

Boltshot- 48%

I would have thought pistol would be the lowest.

Unpopular opinion but Eden Stronghold is probably the funnest gameType/map mix I've played since like h2/h3. Slayer is good too

I like playing it just because the amount of ground pounding that goes on at mid.

Why does this happen to us? Why is OUR game content delayed? Why couldnt they release forge, more maps, more playlists, ranked and social? 343 messed up. AGAIN. And i feel like the population will drop AGAIN because of it.

Not a bad point.

Why does this happen to us? Why is OUR game content delayed? Why couldnt they release forge, more maps, more playlists, ranked and social? 343 messed up. AGAIN. And i feel like the population will drop AGAIN because of it.

I fear it will as well. I'm not a huge fan of the game but if the aiming was good I'd definitely be playing it more. 

When every halo after it has gotten progressively worse yes. And if you think halo 2 during it's launch was taken well, think again. Use wayback machine and check out a website called halo2sucks.com, which had some 50,000 strong members who all were opposed to h2 being so much different than halo CE.

I'll never forget googling 'halo 2 sucks' the week of release and having that at the top of the search results. It was nice to know I wasn't alone.

wait... i thought you cant lose div rank?

You can go from Champ to Onyx, but only those two ranks. The reason for this being Champion is top 200.. it'd be silly not to be able to derank if you weren't the top 200 anymore.

You can go from Champ to Onyx, just not the other ranks....

Trust me, I'm an expert.

feelbadman.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Awesome!!! Gotta go watch it. The only reason why I kept subscribed to Machinima.

This show is my life. It's gotten me through some rough times so I'll always have respect for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1