CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Watching the beyond 1v1 tourny, this is awful...(the gameplay)

The settings and maps are pretty poor for 1v1 right now. Once forge releases and we remove radar, 1v1's will be a lot better.

Getting sick of being placed with inadequate teammates in Arena who seemingly haven't played a game of Halo before. Seriously; it's frustrating.

Was champion rank 10 in arena and was searching with a party of 3. We got matched with someone who had only played one placement game and he ended the game 1-17 on Coliseum Slayer. Other team were all in champion also.

Halo 5 game play is fun, but it's embarrassing for a developer to launch a game missing so many basic features that existed 8 years ago.

"cough" party restrictions "cough"

So its confirmed that ranks reset every month?

I believe it starts in December.

Halo 5 gameplay is good, though. You just crazy.

Gameplay is good, we just didn't modify our settings to be decent for 1v1s. The biggest issue I saw personally was the radar which resulted in everyone crouching around until they saw a red dot. We're hoping to remove radar in our future tournaments. 

We'd like to do more but we don't want to stray away hugely from the HCS settings, plus we can't do much with Forge not arriving until next month.

Try being diamond 6 about to move onto onxy just to have butter finger teammates over and over and over drag you down to diamond 2 and now I can't even go positive because I have this mental block performance anxiety going on thanks to this. My H5 experience is emo as fuck right now. lmao

Sometimes i don't even get angry i just get really sad haha 

Quick Question, Do I have to be at least normal difficulty to unlock the skulls and collectibles in h5 campaign?

If you want to play, add Batchford.

I am high Onyx/Champion level, so you will be in for some sweaty games, but it will be nice to meet new people. Just send me a message as well letting me know you are from Beyond.

Dontbelievehislies.jpg

shady halo kid

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey um...if uh anyone wants to um...add me that'd be kind....of...cool you know, but if not I totally...you know I understand...sigh.

I gotchu brah

GT- xWicked Swami

Skype-zunair_is_cows

This goes to anyone else here. Should be on this weekend a good amount and if my general friends aren't online, I'll definitely try making some to4 with BE players. Rank doesn't matter either. I'm highish onyx if that matters

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quick Question, Do I have to be at least normal difficulty to unlock the skulls and collectibles in h5 campaign?

You can be on any difficulty, including Easy.

I think Legendary might be required for the skull on mission 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting sick of being placed with inadequate teammates in Arena who seemingly haven't played a game of Halo before. Seriously; it's frustrating.

Target demographic = acquired

• Upvote (+1) 7

Was champion rank 10 in arena and was searching with a party of 3. We got matched with someone who had only played one placement game and he ended the game 1-17 on Coliseum Slayer. Other team were all in champion also.

Really wish for a Social Slayer playlist. I want to play Slayer, or Objective, but I don't want to have to be forced to put on my tryhard pants to even compete with other people.

On a semi-related note, screw the damn BR. Weapon's the biggest asshat in the game with its ease of use.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Legendary might be required for the skull on mission 3.

What he said, too.

Does the light rifle only 3 shot when zoomed in for all 3 shots? What if the first shot isn't and the second two are and are both head shots?

Also, what if you're unzoomed and hit all 3 headshots??? Seemed to happen a couple times but I didn't know if the player was already lightly damaged.

Thanks

3 normal shots to deplete shields and either an unzoomed or zoomed headshot to kill..

2 zoomed shots to deplete shields and a headshot of either shot to kill.

To answer your question, the Light Rifle only 3-shots if you land two zoomed shots. It doesn't matter where you shoot them for the first two shots. The last shot has to be a headshot to kill instantly, and it can be either a zoomed or an unzoomed shot.

There's a thread for stuff like this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When playing halo 5 I always want to try and get better, I never had that in Halo 4 or halo 2A.

yea I actually feel like I should learn some general nades I can throw so I can be as anal as I was in Reach ( or as close as possible) with Nades. Also actually want to learn LoS, jumps and whatnot. Also been theory crafting a good amount which is always fun Imo.

I thought this video was pretty good touches on a lot of points, he posted it on here already but i thought it would get more recognition in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvweXd8CAQk&feature=youtu.be

Guy need to work in less "umms" "yeah"

But i agree in most of the things he says.

Thruster needs to stop being an out of jail card, should be disabled when player have no shields.

I still hate the fact that my grenades don't go anywhere if I'm moving backwards while throwing.

even worse when you thrust backwards and you realize the mistake you just made. With just walking backwards you can sort of cancel that effect by doing a late thruster nade

Time to go off-topic for a second, but

@@TheIcePrincess

The 1st episode of season 8 of Arby n the Chief came out today. It's a whopping hour and 17 minutes.

Awesome!!! Gotta go watch it. The only reason why I kept subscribed to Machinima.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Try being diamond 6 about to move onto onxy just to have butter finger teammates over and over and over drag you down to diamond 2 and now I can't even go positive because I have this mental block performance anxiety going on thanks to this. My H5 experience is emo as fuck right now. lmao

We weren't that bad!

Yep. Searching solo on any of my champion playlists usually results in 1 teammate that should have NEVER seen that game. Routinely have teammates going 0 and 10 before they get a kill in slayer for example. They just rush 110% of the time and get manhandled by the other team

Iam I the only one who sees fifa and the taken king as bigger competition than blops 3 and battlefront? I dont see blops 3 doing much better than AW(not very well) and battlefront is 1/4 of a game. I see both games falling behind fifa and destiny.

Iam I the only one who sees fifa and the taken king as bigger competition than blops 3 and battlefront? I dont see blops 3 doing much better than AW(not very well) and battlefront is 1/4 of a game. I see both games falling behind fifa and destiny.

I see BlOps 3 doing pretty well.

I have no earthly clue why people think Battlefront or Fallout will overshadow Halo 5, though. Fallout won't have multiplayer - and I can almost guarantee you that that game will go over the heads of most of Halo 5's population and they'll keep playing H5 just out of ignorance. Or not. Idk.