CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Was going to play Arena but Orion reminded me I have to appear at a Metallic Taste of Hate concert so I rolled with it real quick like and took it to the road.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is anyone here working on good competitive legacy settings? Isn't that something beyond should be tuning and pushing for future events, I've seen no talk about it.

I'm interested in looking into it after Forge. I would really like to add in a 4SK Magnum, but it just buffs the BR too much for it to be viable right now.

Maybe speed up powerup timers a bit, too. Good thing about Forge coming this late after launch is that we can see what works and what sucks and work from there.

Was going to play Arena but Orion reminded me I have to appear at a Metallic Taste of Hate concert so I rolled with it real quick like and took it to the road.

make sure we bring extra triangles, in case lemon smashes them during his extended solo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hey um...if uh anyone wants to um...add me that'd be kind....of...cool you know, but if not I totally...you know I understand...sigh.

I will add you.

Why the actual fuck is it impossible to find any no thrust/no sprint gameplay? Seriously, we have the option to turn off the biggest complaints with the game and nobody's uploaded anything to Youtube?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When playing halo 5 I always want to try and get better, I never had that in Halo 4 or halo 2A.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Didn't h3 have diagonal aim acceleration to?

H3's aiming was bad but there is way more wrong with Halo 5's aiming than diagonal acceleration. Two separate sensitivities for "aiming" and "turning". Makes it impossible to get a muscle memory down as well as near impossible to be good with twitch aiming styles. 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xSociety/video/6513098

This is me in the beta, I have a very twitchy way of aiming, always have, and Halo 5's new aiming system literally stops me from playing nearly as good as I know I can. It's very frustrating. 

Why the actual fuck is it impossible to find any no thrust/no sprint gameplay? Seriously, we have the option to turn off the biggest complaints with the game and nobody's uploaded anything to Youtube?

eh, the sandbox imbalance is a bigger issue, killtimes being the second biggest. Abilities aren't that big of an issue, other problems make them worse than they would be, I mean we rag on breakout a lot but the abilities are nowhere near an issue because of the kill times.

You need to make a Metallic Taste Of Hate Spartan Company and post it here so I can join it.

It is done.

If you want to play, add Batchford.

I am high Onyx/Champion level, so you will be in for some sweaty games, but it will be nice to meet new people. Just send me a message as well letting me know you are from Beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You need to make a Metallic Taste Of Hate Spartan Company and post it here so I can join it.

we require auditions to join
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Welp, officially lost my champion in slayer. RIP.

Fucking quitters. How do people get to champion and STAY champion by playing solo? People get butthurt if you go down right away and just leave.

Try Team Arena lol; It's even worse. Check my posts from a few days ago. The other bad thing are the teams of Champion 2,4,6 and 32 type teams of four that constantly match randoms and get to rank up because of it. I was playing with a team of 2 and matched that exact team in Team Slayer FIVE times in a row; each time they BARELY beat us. The only time we won and convincingly is when I matched up with Heinz on my team (Because Heinz, by nature, is not an idiot). Every other time we lost I had someone going -10 every game or quitting out in the first 20 seconds of the game if we're down 4-1.

Things like that annoy me about this game. I'm matching multiple friends on my friends list that I KNOW are teaming and they have setups for all the maps and half the time my teammates are in party chat or don't have mics. Puts you at such a disadvantage. Granted I beat them because they're my friends and I knew how they play, but they're also in Champion so needless to say they're not complete idiots. I matched my friend SepSeven and his team on Rig in Team Slayer as well and we got absolutely stomped because they had the best setup in the world and we had no communication on my team and we were getting called out 24/7 lol.

I smacked the number 1 champion in Breakout yesterday and his rank didn't go down at all? I am Champion 93 and the rest of my party was 100 or higher. Do wins stack at 1?.

Yes, so to speak. It doesn't go by wins, it goes by ELO. 

For example, you start off in Onyx at 1500. When you win, your ELO constantly goes up (let's say 1700 is the threshold for Champion). I play 200 games on my Champion 200 and win every single one of them and become Champion 1. That ELO rank doesn't stay at 1700 and progress to a different ranking system, you're technically still in Onyx; albeit Onyx 2200. The top 200 players in Onyx division as far as ELO goes ranks them in Champion.

Every time i look at my Plat 1 in Team Arena i just cry...

Try being diamond 6 about to move onto onxy just to have butter finger teammates over and over and over drag you down to diamond 2 and now I can't even go positive because I have this mental block performance anxiety going on thanks to this. My H5 experience is emo as fuck right now. lmao

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why doesn't hardly anyone use a mic?! Every Xbox comes with a free headset, use it ffs. So annoying playing a team game where no ones communicates.

Watching the beyond 1v1 tourny, this is awful...(the gameplay)

Halo 5 gameplay is good, though. You just crazy.

Why doesn't hardly anyone use a mic?! Every Xbox comes with a free headset, use it ffs. So annoying playing a team game where no ones communicates.

because randoms and moms

Finally got to play a bit yesterday for my first time.

Played a game or 2 of slayer, and felt way out of touch with the controls.

Decided to try Warzone until I was used to them, and ended up playing that all night lol.  Warzone is actually fun!  Who knew?

Mine actually didn't come with a headset, just H5 and FIFA.

Getting sick of being placed with inadequate teammates in Arena who seemingly haven't played a game of Halo before. Seriously; it's frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 game play is fun, but it's embarrassing for a developer to launch a game missing so many basic features that existed 8 years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 4