CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm just ready for Blops 3 because that has both Zombies and a Zombies story mode.

-Snip-

Would you mind if I added you? Would love to play sometime, if that's fine with you. Would love to play with a dudebro as a dudebrah. XP BrODST's for life.

Find a single positive post that has been made about Halo 5 or 343 within the last 10 pages. Spoiler alert: You can't.

I don't even read half of the posts when I come in this thread now. It's almost depressing to read. It's one thing to voice concerns about the game in hopes some of the stuff will be corrected (then again, a lot of it is just straight up calling out 343 on bad decisions more than it is feedback), but then there's the posts speculating the game to die a quick death to other titles, lose all sort of viewership, have no future in esports, etc. I don't get who wants to read that kind of shit. Good on you if you're right, no one will remember anyway. But at the end of the day, even if it happens, how are we, as Halo fans, in a better position?

Sure, Halo 5 isn't perfect. I could list a few dozen things that are in dire need of being corrected as soon as possible (aiming, FFA, spawns, the fact Orion exists, AR power, etc.). I also think it's barebones and feel like we won't see it reach its true potential before Dec/Jan because I think that's when 343 will start rolling out the true experience for Halo 5 through Forge, DLC and other modes, which would also be a nice timing to regain people from [insert big upcoming video game title here] and boost sales through holidays. It's also when the HCS season kicks off, so all things considered, it makes sense.

But despite all of this, the game has been an addictive and fun experience overall. I don't consider myself in a honeymoon phase, because being 22 and spending a ridiculous amount of time on games since I was a kid, I lose interest very fast in boring games. However Halo 5 delivered a solid competitive experience, and Warzone has turned out to be a lot more than I expected from just a casual mode, despite being an experience limited to just 3 maps now. I haven't get bored of it at all. FFA has pissed me off A LOT, but not once has the game been boring despite how the maps and modes can get repetitive. There's somehow always something new to learn and master.

It's fine if people disagree. Opinions are a nice thing and spark interesting debates and conversations. This isn't a post meant to create a debate though. I just hope some people will realize that just being straight up negative doesn't make people want to solve problems. In fact, it tends to create more. The best solution to problems is being creative, not negative and calling out people on their mistakes. We all make mistakes. It happens. 343 is no stranger to this. No one likes being reminded of them though. As if that's not bad enough, for some reason, a lot of people here seem hellbent on the fact that telling someone they've done a good job might just be a sin of some sort. It's not. Think about how much more you felt like listening to someone who just said you did a good job on something versus the person who reminded you of a stupid mistake.

Some people will understand what I'm getting at here. Some might not. I just hope it helps contribute to how people write up their "feedback" in the near future. Either way, while people do this, I'll be on Halo 5. It's been a fun week.

You were 5 years old when halo CE came out. Of course you are going to enjoy halo 5 for a little while until it gets stale because 343 won't fix it just like they didn't fix MCC.

• Downvote (-1) 13

Is anyone here working on good competitive legacy settings? Isn't that something beyond should be tuning and pushing for future events, I've seen no talk about it.

I understand the negativity, we're constantly being let down. Companies cater towards the casual audience when in fact it should be us it caters to. We're the ones going to be playing the game 6 months from now when most of the casual audience is on to the next game.  People have the right be pissed off and voice their opinions. Imagine how this game would've been if no one complained about Halo 4? 

I don't want to play a generic shooter, I want to play Halo. 

I feel confused reading this. Halo 5 is 100% how I expected it to be after the beta. I don't feel let down because I knew the game wouldn't change that much from what I had experienced. Did you expect something else? And if so, is 343 at fault for it? 

The main things that left me a weird feeling was the fact that the sniper is indeed still clunky after being told it wouldn't be, and the aiming to be different than I remember. The rest is just stuff I had no expectations for, and therefore couldn't be disappointed over. Weird how things work.

Also, negativity != feedback.

Would you mind if I added you? Would love to play sometime, if that's fine with you. Would love to play with a dudebro as a dudebrah. XP BrODST's for life.

Of course not.

You were 5 years old when halo CE came out. Of course you are going to enjoy halo 5 for a little while until it gets stale because 343 won't fix it just like they didn't fix MCC.

I'm sorry but bringing age into it? Being 5 10 or even 50 doesn't mean you enjoy the game less nor more. Don't be such a little shit. Did I play CE or 2 online multiplayer? God no. But me and my friend Scotty would stay up all night playing those games and I grew to love them. I was young but I still loved it. So shut the fuck up with the age argument.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Explain how Halo CE comes into this and why my age at the time of its release matters.

P.S.: I was 8.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Lol the age callout is so stupid. I guess people can't be introduced to classic games past their prime-time and they for sure don't have the ability to buy that game/console from a used game store and play the crap out of it with friends. And then they for sure won't continue playing other games in that series and won't judge them based on their original experience with the series.

Dumb argument especially when you don't personally know someone's story. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has anyone tried Empire CTF yet?

Yes. It is a lot more fun than Empire Strongholds, and 343 should really consider making replacing it with Empire CTF.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone here working on good competitive legacy settings? Isn't that something beyond should be tuning and pushing for future events, I've seen no talk about it.

I think @@Sitri is going to be giving it a go once Forge comes out. Too many maps rely on clamber to work currently.

Yes. It is a lot more fun than Empire Strongholds, and 343 should really consider making replacing it with Empire CTF.

Empire Strongholds is bad. Feels like an action sack gametype rather than a competitive gametype. Maybe it's the placement of the pit hill. 

I feel confused reading this. Halo 5 is 100% how I expected it to be after the beta. I don't feel let down because I knew the game wouldn't change that much from what I had experienced. Did you expect something else? And if so, is 343 at fault for it? 

The main things that left me a weird feeling was the fact that the sniper is indeed still clunky after being told it wouldn't be, and the aiming to be different than I remember. The rest is just stuff I had no expectations for, and therefore couldn't be disappointed over. Weird how things work.

Also, negativity != feedback.

Of course not.

Yeah I expected a fully functioning game, I feel as if we have an incomplete game.  Why is there features in a 8 year old game (Halo 3) that have yet to be established in this? I was expecting at least a functioning theater, forge, parties match parties, system link, social playlists and weapon balancing for sure off the start. That's almost a given.  I'm very passionate about Halo and I'm sure you are also too, I grew up playing it.  I don't see how there's much a skill gap when you can just sprint around with the AR and spartan charge.

The aiming in this game is ridiculous the aim acceleration and dead zones makes it completely awful, whenever someone is behind me I end up dying without being able to put up a fight because the turning is too slow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I expected a fully functioning game, I feel as if we have an incomplete game.  Why is there features in a 8 year old game (Halo 3) that have yet to be established in this? I was expecting at least a functioning theater, forge, parties match parties, system link, social playlists and weapon balancing for sure off the start. That's almost a given.  I'm very passionate about Halo and I'm sure you are also too, I grew up playing it.  I don't see how there's much a skill gap when you can just sprint around with the AR and spartan charge.

You trying to say H3 has a better sandbox than H5?

Agree with the other points though.

You trying to say H3 has a better sandbox than H5?

Agree with the other points though.

I think Halo 5 has a potential to be a great arena shooter, but it's missing elements.

Of course there are things I want in what you listed, and there's no problem in voicing that. Like I said, there are things I'd want to change too. But that's not what the point of the post was, and I recommend reading it again to understand better.

To keep it short, the main problem is that a lot of valid feedback gets lost behind resentment. People act like 343 are Bungie and have been not giving a shit about our feedback for 10+ years, while the progress the game has made since Halo 4 is a clear testament to how untrue that is.

Now that we have people who do listen, it is worth posting out the complex breakdowns explaining the logic behind X needing a change in order for Y to become better because of Z, rather than just being like "well this is OBVIOUSLY dumb, just change it" and leaving it at that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

...and you've just invalidated any future opinions you may have in my eyes.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1