CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Are we complaining about easter eggs now?

Good lord.

Thats what I was thinking as well.

This thread really starts to drag me down for enjoying the game at the moment.

I can totally understand and support the legit complaining about lack of content or an unbalanced sandbox etc. But too much negativity about everything just bores me.

I need a break.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thats what I was thinking as well.

This thread really starts to drag me down for enjoying the game at the moment.

I can totally understand and support the legit complaining about lack of content or an unbalanced sandbox etc. But too much negativity about everything just bores me.

I need a break.

too much positivity annoys me as much as persistent negativity.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone who doesn't buy fallout 4 will feel my wrath. Seriously, fallout is my second favorite game series of all time, I take it very VERY seriously...

I've never played a Fallout game, and I don't care to.

I did watch that leaked footage of the guy running across the entire map in 11 minutes. The world looks empty.

I've never played a Fallout game, and I don't care to.

I did watch that leaked footage of the guy running across the entire map in 11 minutes. The world looks empty.

I just cannot stand Bethesdas gameplay. It is truly afwul and stuck in the 90's

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I just cannot stand Bethesdas gameplay. It is truly afwul and stuck in the 90's

apparently the took ques from id and hired former bungie employees to work on combat and things like that, which is great because halo and destiny arguably have the best gunplay around.

apparently the took ques from id and hired former bungie employees to work on combat and things like that, which is great because halo and destiny arguably have the best gunplay around.

From what I've seen (though granted it's little due to giving zero fucks the moment I saw the gameplay) it looks no different then bethesdas typical super sterile crap.

And after putting hundreds of hours into Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3/new vegas, I just cannot stand it anymore.

It's possible to have an entirely positive mindset while seeing things in a realistic fashion. Too much positivity isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's possible to have an entirely positive mindset while seeing things in a realistic fashion. Too much positivity isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Too much of either is a bad thing. An extreme of anything is always worse. There should be positives and negatives.

OT but Fallout 4's combat has been seriously overhauled and it actually looks really fun to shoot things when not in VATS.

I will probably still use VATS a lot though, because it is cool as balls.

Too much of either is a bad thing. An extreme of anything is always worse. There should be positives and negatives.

I don't see the downsides to positivity, past blind judgment, which is why I spoke on realism working in tandem with positivity. No need to be a Negative Nancy when you can be a Realist Randy. :P

I don't see the downsides to positivity, past blind judgment, which is why I spoke on realism working in tandem with positivity. No need to be a Negative Nancy when you can be a Realist Randy. :P

Im typically not. The staff just likes their jokes.

People need to think critically abs and not just post opinions based on their emotions.

Halo 5 has some really great and enjoyable aspects, but the list of legitimate issues I have with the game really stacks up, and reflects on how much (or how little) I'm enjoying the game right now.

If you can enjoy the game in the state its in then all power to you, but I'm getting Reach Vanilla levels of frustration right now.

I'll probably pick up Divinity Original Sin over Fallout 4. Divinity looks really good and different. And it has something I've always wanted in a RPG. Splitscreen. And true splitscreen at that where both people can go off in different directions and take on different quests.

I will probably still use VATS a lot though, because it is cool as balls.

Dat zoom in on the bullet is one of my favorite aspects of VATS.

I think we as a community, whether we love playing the game or otherwise, really need to acknowledge the very large list of real problems this game has, and make productive discussion rather than blind feelings and petty bickering.

@Salient and the rest of the team might be mad hype that their baybe had a successful launch, but we're just getting started.

Its serious business, and Josh and the team need to get a LOT of important work done for the sake of this potentially amazing game.

Find a single positive post that has been made about Halo 5 or 343 within the last 10 pages. Spoiler alert: You can't.

I don't even read half of the posts when I come in this thread now. It's almost depressing to read. It's one thing to voice concerns about the game in hopes some of the stuff will be corrected (then again, a lot of it is just straight up calling out 343 on bad decisions more than it is feedback), but then there's the posts speculating the game to die a quick death to other titles, lose all sort of viewership, have no future in esports, etc. I don't get who wants to read that kind of shit. Good on you if you're right, no one will remember anyway. But at the end of the day, even if it happens, how are we, as Halo fans, in a better position?

Sure, Halo 5 isn't perfect. I could list a few dozen things that are in dire need of being corrected as soon as possible (aiming, FFA, spawns, the fact Orion exists, AR power, etc.). I also think it's barebones and feel like we won't see it reach its true potential before Dec/Jan because I think that's when 343 will start rolling out the true experience for Halo 5 through Forge, DLC and other modes, which would also be a nice timing to regain people from [insert big upcoming video game title here] and boost sales through holidays. It's also when the HCS season kicks off, so all things considered, it makes sense.

But despite all of this, the game has been an addictive and fun experience overall. I don't consider myself in a honeymoon phase, because being 22 and spending a ridiculous amount of time on games since I was a kid, I lose interest very fast in boring games. However Halo 5 delivered a solid competitive experience, and Warzone has turned out to be a lot more than I expected from just a casual mode, despite being an experience limited to just 3 maps now. I haven't get bored of it at all. FFA has pissed me off A LOT, but not once has the game been boring despite how the maps and modes can get repetitive. There's somehow always something new to learn and master.

It's fine if people disagree. Opinions are a nice thing and spark interesting debates and conversations. This isn't a post meant to create a debate though. I just hope some people will realize that just being straight up negative doesn't make people want to solve problems. In fact, it tends to create more. The best solution to problems is being creative, not negative and calling out people on their mistakes. We all make mistakes. It happens. 343 is no stranger to this. No one likes being reminded of them though. As if that's not bad enough, for some reason, a lot of people here seem hellbent on the fact that telling someone they've done a good job might just be a sin of some sort. It's not. Think about how much more you felt like listening to someone who just said you did a good job on something versus the person who reminded you of a stupid mistake.

Some people will understand what I'm getting at here. Some might not. I just hope it helps contribute to how people write up their "feedback" in the near future. Either way, while people do this, I'll be on Halo 5. It's been a fun week.

I understand the negativity, we're constantly being let down. Companies cater towards the casual audience when in fact it should be us it caters to. We're the ones going to be playing the game 6 months from now when most of the casual audience is on to the next game.  People have the right be pissed off and voice their opinions. Imagine how this game would've been if no one complained about Halo 4? 

I don't want to play a generic shooter, I want to play Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well here is hoping for the best!

A 343 employee suggesting modifying microsoft hardware.

Okay...

Side note, love being able to kill all vibration on the elite controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1