CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Feel free to add me: o XaVi3r o

I am in Plat 4 and its honestly where I belong... sigh. But hey anything is better than going in solo.

Currently stuck between Plat 5/4. Mind if I give you an add?

• Upvote (+1) 2

91 matches played in halo 5 so far in just one week.

204 total matches in my halo 4 career. lol.

ill surpass that by next month probably.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's just using common fucking sense here....if you make a halo game, not just another shooter...but a HALO game for fans of HALO...we will stick around and play it till our thumbs fall off...but when you make a Reach, Halo 4 and a Halo 5....we will eventually leave, some sooner than later.

Well dude, "common fucking sense" in the world we live in is to make as much money as possible. Your money is not worth more than all the casuals that play Black Ops 3 already before they even finish the campaign on normal. Business. I hate how it works as well, but its the reality.

Halo 5's population is gonna bomb tonight you know that right

Wont stop him or me from enjoying this game right now. When a game like CoD drops, the casual population will drop. No matter what.

Currently stuck between Plat 5/4. Mind if I give you an add?

Same here.  Can I hop on the platinum add train?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm expecting the player base to tank, but I hope it maintains something.

So we have Black Ops 3, then Fallout 4 next week, then Star Wars: Battlefront the week after. Oh dear...

• Upvote (+1) 2

So we have Black Ops 3, then Fallout 4 next week, then Star Wars: Battlefront the week after. Oh dear...

Don't forgret Tomb Raider :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well dude, "common fucking sense" in the world we live in is to make as much money as possible. Your money is not worth more than all the casuals that play Black Ops 3 already before they even finish the campaign on normal. Business. I hate how it works as well, but its the reality.

Halo 5 just sold well according to Microsoft. Which goes to show that even with the fuck up that was MCC people still supported the franchise and 343. Which also makes it quite obvious that they don't have to create a "shooter" that appeals to casuals instead of hardcore halo fans if they want the game to be successful. This franchise will always sell like crack in the 80s...period...343 doesn't need to chase any audience except the one that loves halo and the game will still bring in millions upon millions. This is where common sense should kick in with the developers. We've had 3 games, back to back to back where the developer was chasing a different audience and each time the game sold well, but each time the game suffered in terms of feeling like halo and population. Make a "halo" game and your sales and shit will still be intact while sustaining a more healthier population of players that enjoy playing halo...for halo...do the opposite and we have people criticizing the direction of the game...people leaving the franchise...the overall population plummeting too soon...twitch numbers falling off quicker than the 49ers...etc.

We went from complaining about the BR and the pace of the game in halo 3 to "is this still a halo game?" Crazy. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

im getting star wars definitely. but hey look at it this way, if the casuals drop out, thats better for us on the long term.

im getting star wars definitely. but hey look at it this way, if the casuals drop out, thats better for us on the long term.

*looks at reach (to an extent) and halo 4*

you sure?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Same here.  Can I hop on the platinum add train?

Same here!

Added you both.

You poor soul you

H4 SWAT was goat. No regrets. Everything else bar Extraction was shit.

*looks at reach (to an extent) and halo 4*

you sure?

casuals do not make a game last long, hence the term casual, they plau casually and not often and most certainly not long term. they game hop.

I find games in everything else just fine. No more then a half minute. In FFA though, 5 minutes at least. What level are you in FFA? I'm playing in Champion.

Welcome to the land of Unranked 9 (One more game to even qualify for a rank). Can't stand the AR spam. :P

Zombie mode in blops3 alone will take away the casuals from halo 5. This is why you don't put out a product missing a ton of content. 

#CommonSense

So TreyArch isn't properly pacing their fans on content? Ha! Their loss! Black Ops 3 won't last a month on that strategy.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Zombie mode in blops3 alone will take away the casuals from halo 5. This is why you don't put out a product missing a ton of content. 

#CommonSense

Blops 3's release would take away some casuals no matter the content in Halo 5. COD is simply a bigger and more popular franchise. That's expected.  Halo 5 will be fine