CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

so a 4v4 playlist with party restriction is the best we can hope for?

If they want to change anything at all...

Ideally they'd do this for Team Arena and Team Slayer but we'll see I guess.

So I went on Waypoint to see just how many times I've had to play Orion in the Team Slayer playlist (just got it 2 games in a row...again) and I've played a total of 9/20 games on that piece of shit map. So that means almost half of my games have been on Orion. My second most is Regret with 4. That leaves a total of 7 games where I haven't gotten the same map. What in the fuck is wrong with the map weighting and why, out of ALL the maps, is Orion by far the most frequent selection? Team Slayer is borderline unplayable because of this. Plus every game someone on my team quits out because the map sucks. I just a lost another game on that map with 20 kills out of my teams 36 and that's honestly how it always goes. I just don't understand why this map is weighted so heavily. Please 343 for the love of God replace this map with Truth. Please. Rant over.

Lol, it seems like that problem with the halo 3 map snowbound...

It seems as a project Halo 5 has been horrendously badly led and organised. You had at least 3 years of development and the whole game was released severely lacking content. Let me understand how is this possible coming from a developer running the flagship game of Xbone? Why is it that for ex. BO3 will have much more content in comparison and they also had 3 years of development time?

I just can't understand. Do the bosses at 343i say to the workers: "Oh hey it's ok that you didn't reach the deadline with forge, here have a cookie. But wait we didn't even have a deadline because what's the rush? We will get our money anyway. "

Also the lack of information regarding anything is worrisome and I this should be handled at a high level of the organisation.

Command your troops plebs. :kappa:

Tl;dr: Bosses of 343i are slacking, git gud.

If you think about it, Halo 5 is a significantly bigger project then Blops 3 from a technical standpoint. Halo 5 runs 60fps on a new engine with very well done tech that changes resolution dynamically which must have taken ages to perfect. Then there is the enormous network effort connecting games to dedicated servers, netcode would be done from scratch.

Then there's the forge engine which is very complex and would need a whole team of engineers working on it.

On top of a completely reworked co-op warzone netcode to prevent lock-step and give it smooth performance on a dedicated server (assuming AI runs of the server, another technical challenge).

What does Blops 3 have? Same engine as usual, team is already used to 60fps, some fancy new eSports stuff and co-op campaign, all of which use p2p networking with little to no servers. It's just nowhere near the size of project from a technical standpoint.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I played a few games last night in 2s i got nothing but party's of 4 really annoying. So than i decided i don't wan't to lose anymore, i got a party of 4 and kept matching randoms, it is so ass backwards some thing is broken here.

Serious question: why do people play the Team Slayer playlist? Obj. has always been better in Halo, and the differential is even greater in this game. There are maybe two maps that work well for Slayer. 

I treat it as my "I'm searching solo, so I'm not terribly bothered about the result." playlist.

I don't really like playing objective with less than 3 players in my party.

So did anyone see what the final poll numbers were for ranked weekends? I wonder if it will come out today that is how bungie did it if i remember right.

So did anyone see what the final poll numbers were for ranked weekends? I wonder if it will come out today that is how bungie did it if i remember right.

Bungie usually released Thursdays, right?

No doubt Shotty Snipes won.

Bungie usually released Thursdays, right?

No doubt Shotty Snipes won.

Yeah they did i am really hoping they release it today.

Have you tried actually using them or being hit by them?

Honest question why does the other player always seem to be able to shoot before I can after this happens?

I don't think I'd ever play with anyone here. Not because I don't like you guys or anything, but because all I ever hear is people talking about how they placed Onyx in their sleep with two hands tied behind their back, and I'm just sitting here, unable to get out of Platinum.

You can add me too man, I have the same problem

GT: Aiex Gurren

What in the fuck is wrong with the map weighting 

Not having a veto system was borderline insane. The only advantage is people cant keep picking the same maps, but H5 keeps giving us the same maps!

In warzone it feels like unless you back out after the game and restart the search you will keep getting the same map over and over and over and over

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not having a veto system was borderline insane. The only advantage is people cant keep picking the same maps, but H5 keeps giving us the same maps!

In warzone it feels like unless you back out after the game and restart the search you will keep getting the same map over and over and over and over

If there is no veto, there should at least be some sort of per-player weighting that tries to put you on different maps and modes every time.

Use a player's game history to rank every map/mode combination in a certain playlist. As you play matches, the map/mode combination will move up in the rankings and you will be less likely to play it again. Or if a map comes up too often(2-3 times), it will just be ignored for a little while and put on a short cooldown.

Why do you guys think the sniper magnetism is some accident? I'll save @@Sal1ent some time.

They want to make Halo 5 easier for the general population. They want casual players. They want anyone to get kills if they pick up a controller.

They want their commercials to look cool with flashy ground pounds and fast sprinting.

They want the sniper to be that easy.

They don't want us 20+ year old competitive players, they want 14 year olds that can buy endless REQ packs with their parents money.

We're a thing of the past, 99% of us were going to buy Halo 5 anyways. They want to attract a different crowd that weren't planning on buying Halo 5. No matter how many features are missing, they are going to pretty much make the same amount of money. Might as well cut costs if it doesn't effect profit. Doesn't mean I agree with it.

These arent accidents by 343.

Couldnt agree with this post more. +1

I think what 343 failed to realize is that releasing all the extra content down the road (Dec, Jan - whenever) is not going to really bring people back or keep them playing.  If anything by the end of this month most people will potentially be bored of H5, have moved onto Fallout and then will pick up BLOPS 3/battlefront etc.  All of these guys (and others being released) will contain a FULL game of content, and the bells and whistles it will provide the consumer will prob shine a lot more than forge or a social playlist.

if 343 wants a chance to sustain H5, they need to put in everything and patch what needs to be patched now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Couldnt agree with this post more. +1

I think what 343 failed to realize is that releasing all the extra content down the road (Dec, Jan - whenever) is not going to really bring people back or keep them playing.  If anything by the end of this month most people will potentially be bored of H5, have moved onto Fallout and then will pick up BLOPS 3/battlefront etc.  All of these guys (and others being released) will contain a FULL game of content, and the bells and whistles it will provide the consumer will prob shine a lot more than forge or a social playlist.

if 343 wants a chance to sustain H5, they need to put in everything and patch what needs to be patched now.

I feel as if we are playing $60 beta of Halo 5.  343i is testing out all these settings and playlists to see what works and what doesn't.  They'll be a big patch in the coming months just like Reach and Halo 4.  I feel as if we're just guinea pigs doing the testing for them (In other words we are paying them money to play this incomplete game).  Notice how's there limited map rotation, theater isn't working correctly, no forge, game chat, issues with weapon balances, and just overall lack of content compared to previous Halo games.  The whole UI in the menu just seems stripped/limited compared to previous titles. The gameplay especially the aiming seems off to most people.  Anyone else agree with me?  

It's a good marketing scheme, don't get me wrong they got millions of people to buy an incomplete game. Reminds of me the 1st year of Destiny also. The issue I see with this is, not a lot of people are going to stick around for when the actual complete game is released probably in December to May range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

is this game ever going to have actual competitive settings? I really can't let myself believe that Arena settings is where competitive halo is heading. I HATE that the starting utility weapon(magnum) can be out-done by the AR that you also start with. Just the fact that you can pick up utility weapons on map that are better than the starting one is mind-numbing. Also, in what world is radar on in a competitive playlist?

Arena feels like I'm playing Team Training on h2. Just bad casual gametypes/settings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

is this game ever going to have actual competitive settings? I really can't let myself believe that Arena settings is where competitive halo is heading. I HATE that the starting utility weapon(magnum) can be out-done by the AR that you also start with. Just the fact that you can pick up utility weapons on map that are better than the starting one is mind-numbing. Also, in what world is radar on in a competitive playlist?

Arena feels like I'm playing Team Training on h2. Just bad casual gametypes/settings.

h2MTcl9.png

Why do you guys think the sniper magnetism is some accident? I'll save @@Sal1ent some time.

They want to make Halo 5 easier for the general population. They want casual players. They want anyone to get kills if they pick up a controller.

They want their commercials to look cool with flashy ground pounds and fast sprinting.

They want the sniper to be that easy.

They don't want us 20+ year old competitive players, they want 14 year olds that can buy endless REQ packs with their parents money.

We're a thing of the past, 99% of us were going to buy Halo 5 anyways. They want to attract a different crowd that weren't planning on buying Halo 5. No matter how many features are missing, they are going to pretty much make the same amount of money. Might as well cut costs if it doesn't effect profit. Doesn't mean I agree with it.

These arent accidents by 343.

yup all around...but the funny thing is, even with doing all this blops 3 is going to destroy it in terms of population and viewership. I'll never understand pushing away hardcore halo fans for the casual gamer that will leave after a week or month to the next hot thing thus dropping the population by 50% or more. Let's just using common fucking sense here....if you make a halo game, not just another shooter...but a HALO game for fans of HALO...we will stick around and play it till our thumbs fall off...but when you make a Reach, Halo 4 and a Halo 5....we will eventually leave, some sooner than later.

Keep playing with fire though...because when we get fed up to the point of no return, how will the franchise survive? It's going to be deja vu all over again in a month or so with a bunch of "we told you so" topics and posts from here all the way to neogaf.

• Upvote (+1) 8

All these doom and gloom posts and im just sitting here, being addicted to h5.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't think I'd ever play with anyone here. Not because I don't like you guys or anything, but because all I ever hear is people talking about how they placed Onyx in their sleep with two hands tied behind their back, and I'm just sitting here, unable to get out of Platinum.

Feel free to add me: o XaVi3r o

I am in Plat 4 and its honestly where I belong... sigh. But hey anything is better than going in solo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

has anyone updated to the new dashboard and noticed that when you are broadcasting twitch, there's no overlay anymore???

Halo 5's population is gonna bomb tonight you know that right

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm having fun with H5 but the one thing I absolutely cannot stand is the sniper. It takes so long to zoom in (I think someone said after YY with it). I'm a pretty decent sniper and I don't even want to pick it up because of this. Does anyone know if this can be patched? Not saying it will, but if it's even possible.

343 no longer makes the population numbers public so the defenders will always say "You have no proof". Fun times lie ahead.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was addicted to Halo 4. It was still shit.