CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Random post

If this "hunt" stuff continues in h5( I have not finished campaign) id love to see 343 implement some type of souls esque pvp into the campaign.

For those of you who dont play souls games, players can "invade" your game and try and kill you. A boss in demons souls was player controlled and a boss in dark souls 2 would spawn a player controlled helper.

I would love to see sections of the campaign incorporate this type of mechanic where a player controlled locke or fireteam osiris could "invade" your game to hunt you down. I can think of several sections of the h5 campaign where this could have been cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Random post

If this "hunt" stuff continues in h5( I have not finished campaign) id love to see 343 implement some type of souls esque pvp into the campaign.

For those of you who dont play souls games, players can "invade" your game and try and kill you. A boss in demons souls was player controlled and a boss in dark souls 2 would spawn a player controlled helper.

I would love to see sections of the campaign incorporate this type of mechanic where a player controlled locke or fireteam osiris could "invade" your game to hunt you down. I can think of several sections of the h5 campaign where this could have been cool.

This will obviously never happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL Plaza FFA was literally the worst Halo experience of my life.  I spawned in the same spot 4 times in a row. Spawn, sprint forward, start getting AR'ed in the back.  Spawn, two guys literally looking at you already.  Why FFA has ever moved to 8 people is beyond me.  It's terrible. 

At least you're not like me and got the same map and gametype 5 times in a row in Team Arena. I think they need to do some work on their map rotation system.

They def need to work on their map rotation. I get the same 3 maps all the time is annoying.

LOL Plaza FFA was literally the worst Halo experience of my life.  I spawned in the same spot 4 times in a row. Spawn, sprint forward, start getting AR'ed in the back.  Spawn, two guys literally looking at you already.  Why FFA has ever moved to 8 people is beyond me.  It's terrible. 

FFA needs to be 6 players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Disagree. If they nerf the ar, it should be to its damage, not its range or accuracy.

At a base TTK of 1.4 seconds, the AR's damage is fine. It's the damn accuracy bonuses combined with the headshot multiplier that makes it so strong. Those are what need to be removed.

Something like Halo 4's AR would be perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Disagree. If they nerf the ar, it should be to its damage, not its range or accuracy.

Also, the aiming change isn't /for/ us. It's stupid that they changed it, but its for people that are terrible that struggle with the aiming previously. Im not saying it was a good change, but it very obviously wasn't made with beyond and friends in mind.

If the pistol was a 4 hit kill the AR would then become even if not worse than the pistol in most circumstances, but it would also make the pistol viable against BR/DMR. It might go a bit too against 343's "Tier 1" system they have going on with the magnum.

FFA needs to be 6 players.

The only Map that can actually sort of handle 8 players is Regret, every other map is random as fuck. I think Regret is easily the best FFA Map available right now. 

Also, the aiming change isn't /for/ us. It's stupid that they changed it, but its for people that are terrible that struggle with the aiming previously. Im not saying it was a good change, but it very obviously wasn't made with beyond and friends in mind.

This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted about the new aiming. Makes a lot of sense, people are terrible at the old aiming so let's make it really hard to aim, then the terrible players will be better.

Are you sure that isn't some sort of issue with the server you're normally playing on? I find games quickly at Champion in both Team Arena and Team Slayer. I'm on the east coast if that matters. Although I do keep matching To4s nearly every game. Its a crazy struggle sometimes to win going in as a to2 since we're on skype or in a party rather than game chat. 

Even watching the pros -- they struggle to find games.

At a base TTK of 1.4 seconds, the AR's damage is fine. It's the damn accuracy bonuses combined with the headshot multiplier that makes it so strong. Those are what need to be removed.

Something like Halo 4's AR would be perfect.

No. The Halo 4 AR was literally never used. The AR should actually be something that can be used, unlike CE, 3, Reach, and 4 where it was absolutely useless compared to the respective utility weapons. 

This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted about the new aiming. Makes a lot of sense, people are terrible at the old aiming so let's make it really hard to aim, then the terrible players will be better.

Uh, no. Try actually understanding what they did WITH the aiming. Watch the video of it for fucks sake. Did I say it was a good change? No, obviously it wasn't. But there was a reasoning behind it, which was making new/bad players having an easier time aiming. Which they do.

I Love the trash talk in this lol, hope I can see this again in H5 tournaments. Probably not.

snip

Making me miss the Reach days when aiming felt good and everybody wasn't thrusting and clambering around the map shooting ARs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. The Halo 4 AR was literally never used. The AR should actually be something that can be used, unlike CE, 3, Reach, and 4 where it was absolutely useless compared to the respective utility weapons. 

Uh, no. Try actually understanding what they did WITH the aiming. Watch the video of it for fucks sake. Did I say it was a good change? No, obviously it wasn't. But there was a reasoning behind it, which was making new/bad players having an easier time aiming. Which they do.

They have an easier time aiming? I highly doubt that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I cannot even begin to understand why anyone at 343 thought this would be a well-received change.

it was something the pros pushed for

They have an easier time aiming? I highly doubt that. 

I think they do. Consider the average player to the ones you find here. The ones that always smash the right stick to whatever side every time they try to aim. I can almost guarantee that if I took some random chick that's never played any FPS games and stuck a controller in her hands, she would find more success using the new aiming. 

Do I think it should stay? Yes. as the non-default option, like hold to crouch or auto aim-centering.

I might be the only one furious that there are 90 sets of armour, and its just the same 30 replicated 3 times. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think they do. Consider the average player to the ones you find here. The ones that always smash the right stick to whatever side every time they try to aim. I can almost guarantee that if I took some random chick that's never played any FPS games and stuck a controller in her hands, she would find more success using the new aiming.

Do I think it should stay? Yes. as the non-default option, like hold to crouch or auto aim-centering.

Well I think you are very wrong.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I might be the only one furious that there are 90 sets of armour, and its just the same 30 replicated 3 times.

That and most of the armor is ugly as shit and look very similar. I'm more disappointed with the lack of weapon skins tbh. They better have a lot more in the vault.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

it was something the pros pushed for

Partly but I believe there is actually something fundamentally broken in the aiming system as it's affecting some worse than others.

Ogre 2 and friends have been searching forever with no games. So getting high rank means you can't play with anybody now?

Great reasoning, bravo. You've thoroughly convinced me.

Making aiming harder can not possibly make it easier for worse players.