CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Also why do they not have truth and regret (possibly the best two) in every playlist? and why does the forge maps seem to have a heavier weighting than any other map?  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

y not just add some people from Beyond brah? 

I don't think I'd ever play with anyone here. Not because I don't like you guys or anything, but because all I ever hear is people talking about how they placed Onyx in their sleep with two hands tied behind their back, and I'm just sitting here, unable to get out of Platinum.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Also why do they not have truth and regret (possibly the best two) in every playlist? and why does the forge maps seem to have a heavier weighting than any other map?  :walshy:

I bet, in truth, they regret their decision not to.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't think I'd ever play with anyone here. Not because I don't like you guys or anything, but because all I ever hear is people talking about how they placed Onyx in their sleep with two hands tied behind their back, and I'm just sitting here, unable to get out of Platinum.

Bruh, add me.

I play with anyone that has a mic and thumbs.  I like to compete, but I'd rather play with people who can communicate well and aren't as skilled vs playing with skilled players who don't communicate.  Rolling solo just isn't fun for me.  I like the "team effort" aspect of Halo, and for that kind of atmosphere team communication is necessary.

Anyone else feel free to add me too.

GT:  Pxthology

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Sorry, we couldn't retrieve your game session data at this time."

I've been getting that after every Warzone game today. It's pretty annoying since I want to see my post game stats without having to go to Waypoint. Is that a server issue?

I also agree that you have to search with a party. I only played two slayer games today and I had one teammate quit in the first one and two quit almost right away in the second one.

Glad josh confirmed aiming issues. Slow turn on my elite and diagonal wonkiness is really starting to get me in trouble in higher ranks,.

You fell for that? It's not slow turn....go play any halo in MCC with your controller and you won't have the same feeling....it's H5's aiming that is messed up. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ya the map weighting is weird.

No regret in Team arena is weird. Especially since it could support TS, CTF and strongholds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope you all realise that the issue Josh said is being readdressed is an issue (bug/malfunction) with certain controllers diagonal slow turn.

NOT changing the whole aiming system.

The shitty aiming, with massive slow zone and weird sens acceleration is NOT BEING CHANGED. Aiming will still be garbage. I will still have to play on 10 sens instead of the usual 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It seems like getting placed in Champion is a curse -- you can't even find games in reasonable time. Increase the pool slightly? Or just let Onyx's match Champs?

You guys have no idea how rough it is to play this game with TWC. Getting shot around corners and grenades slow to come out.

Winning gunfights is such a rarity. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You fell for that? It's not slow turn....go play any halo in MCC with your controller and you won't have the same feeling....it's H5's aiming that is messed up. 

You think I care what its called? I want it fixed. The diagonal aiming is a little off. Slow turn happens on Elite controllers, not specific to Halo 5.

You guys have no idea how rough it is to play this game with TWC. Getting shot around corners and grenades slow to come out.

Pretty much. Pistol duels don't feel satisfying when it takes 7 years to kill and people are thrusting around everywhere

It seems like getting placed in Champion is a curse -- you can't even find games in reasonable time. Increase the pool slightly? Or just let Onyx's match Champs?

Are you sure that isn't some sort of issue with the server you're normally playing on? I find games quickly at Champion in both Team Arena and Team Slayer. I'm on the east coast if that matters. Although I do keep matching To4s nearly every game. Its a crazy struggle sometimes to win going in as a to2 since we're on skype or in a party rather than game chat. 

Well, does it matter? We had 1 BR base and 1 Tower 2. How in the hell should they spawn behind us in that little corner base lol

Well considering there aren't any spawn points I see at least on the Nest area and assuming you have a player by Carbine and another top mid, where else do you expect them to spawn? I also don't think the map has any by Boltshot but I could be wrong. Either way, they're going to spawn close to you at that point.

I have 1 or 2 friends who are stuck in Plat/Diamond but I wouldn't call them bad. Anyways, I generally don't mind if you aren't the best player. Usually my only complaint of players is not listening to call out. I don't mind teaching players while playing with them (not to say that I'm great or anything) as I think some of the people I play with regularly (Honey bauer, Matclan, etc) are all relatively chill and able to teach people at the same time.

Also I've been playing with people from Champion, Diamon, Plat, etc and I've had no issues of close games. So don't trip too much about it mate

If you want to add me you can. Maybe I might just start forming a bunch of to4s from BE so you guys can get a good list of players who you have played with before.

Edit: Could start a skype group as well if anyone here would want that. 

#struggle

When I said, "more options is more options", never once in my mind did I ever mean "I want 50 playlists". You are taking it FAR too literally. 

When I said "more options is more options", I simply meant, "why NOT have both Firefight and SpOps?". There is an audience for both. 

There is an audience for multi team, grifball, ranked ffa, social ffa, social ts, ranked ts, comp settings, snipers, swat, fiesta, social btb, ranked btb, maption sack, action sack, mlg ffa, team obj, social doubles, ranked doubles, the two warzones apparently, mythic brawl, 3 ball, team melee, there's about 25 that could be done in h5 as far as I'm aware, howcome they haven't done this as every playlist would have people in it?

I took it literally because you literally said "more options is more options" when you were talking about two playlists.

I hope you all realise that the issue Josh said is being readdressed is an issue (bug/malfunction) with certain controllers diagonal slow turn.

NOT changing the whole aiming system.

The shitty aiming, with massive slow zone and weird sens acceleration is NOT BEING CHANGED. Aiming will still be garbage. I will still have to play on 10 sens instead of the usual 4.

I think I can manage with everything else in the game as long but the aim acceleration is just awful to me. This isn't something to "learn", or "adapt" to. This is artificially limiting a players ability to whip their cross hair all around with ease. I can assume this decision made it so a huge majority of the population would go "wow, this feels smooth, I've got some pretty good control over my cross hair" since the majority of Halo players don't play on medium to high sensitivities. Basically anyone who had played on a high sensitivity was told to "learn how to shoot" like the Halo CE pistol, even though theres no legit relation between the HCE pistol and h5 pistol.

I sometimes have issues with control schemes and aim sensitivities when I bounce from the dozens of shooters I randomly play, but I don't think I ever had this big of an issue going from game to game. Halo 5 makes it impossible for me to aim in these other games now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Warzone assault needs to change the way you capture bases ASAP. You can just have one guy camp in a corner and the enemies won't be able to capture the base. I know it's casual and all but it's almost a guaranteed loss playing as the attackers against a competent team.

#struggle

:( Gonna try your suggestion later. :prayers:

How do they get away with this shit

The controller is otherwise pretty flawless. Slow turn and easy-to-shit paddles.

Are you sure? Im pretty sure they only turned it off late in squad's life as a last ditch effort.

As far as I remember it was always off, even thinking about it how would it possible work? to1/to2s match eachother then to3s have to match to3s etc all the way down to to8s. Squad was definitely off, I used to play a to6 vs six to1s the majority of my games.

did you hear that a lot of them were defective and then M$ support was charging people to exchange for a refurb?

i love halo but seriously fuck microsoft, they are evil

ive never heard this, source?

As far as I remember it was always off, even thinking about it how would it possible work? to1/to2s match eachother then to3s have to match to3s etc all the way down to to8s. Squad was definitely off, I used to play a to6 vs six to1s the majority of my games.

I don't remember exactly how it worked but I do remember them turning it off. Which means at one point it was turned on.