CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I cant handle Halo 5 anymore. I almost tossed my controller into my monitor. Not because the games bad but I have nobody to play with that can actually play and just lose lose lose lose lose. I hope to god the party system also gets fixed. 

y not just add some people from Beyond brah? You can add me but I usually already have a to4 going on but on the occasion we don't I can try adding you in. GT- xWicked Swami also skype is zunair_is_cows which is generally how I organize who I'm playing with. 

If it matters, im onyx in both Slayer/Arena

almost every game so yeah. . .

unless I dont play solo, then they're on the other team so yeah. . .

Weird, cause almost every game for me in Team Slayer has been close and competitive. Played a game this morning and got the game winning kill in a 50-49 win. Sure, there are games with quitters and downies, but nothing compared to what I've experienced in social.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I cant handle Halo 5 anymore. I almost tossed my controller into my monitor. Not because the games bad but I have nobody to play with that can actually play and just lose lose lose lose lose. I hope to god the party system also gets fixed. 

Welcome to my world. I get no enjoyment from this game right now.

I have never played halo online with other people I lone wolf it, and I do fine.

Two major issues:

Glad josh confirmed aiming issues. Slow turn on my elite and diagonal wonkiness is really starting to get me in trouble in higher ranks,.

Spawn system needs a LOT of work. Have tower 2 control on rig with snipe and guy spawns behind us above BR base and kills us both. Whats the point in doing all the work to get sniper and have control if they spawn like 18 feet from lol. 

Surely they shouldn't spawn there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i really wish i could see my friends' activity when i look at my friends list 

Same here. How hard would it be to show the friends list under your fireteam like in Reach and with game/party details.

I have never played halo online with other people I lone wolf it, and I do fine.

Could never do that lol. Have always played halo in groups since h2, game just plays a lot better when you have a competent teammate and when chemistry is good. Plus the social aspect (if you want to call it that) is fun as well. Though this is also the reason I don't like team games as much as 1v1 games, everything is dependent on you which i find a lot more satisfying.  

Same here. How hard would it be to show the friends list under your fireteam like in Reach and with game/party details.

I dont understand why this isnt in the game. Its such a simple but useful tool. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me, Halo 5 is a really awesome game for the most part, but the whole aiming thing makes it almost completely unplayable. I hope 343 do something about it. It's a shame for an entire multiplayer experience to be ruined by one thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Two major issues:

Glad josh confirmed aiming issues. Slow turn on my elite and diagonal wonkiness is really starting to get me in trouble in higher ranks,.

Spawn system needs a LOT of work. Have tower 2 control on rig with snipe and guy spawns behind us above BR base and kills us both. Whats the point in doing all the work to get sniper and have control if they spawn like 18 feet from lol. 

Surely they shouldn't spawn there.

Where were the rest of your team though? if you have players top mid and maybe one catwalk they're probably going to spawn in Corner.

y not just add some people from Beyond brah? You can add me but I usually already have a to4 going on but on the occasion we don't I can try adding you in. GT- xWicked Swami also skype is zunair_is_cows which is generally how I organize who I'm playing with. 

If it matters, im onyx in both Slayer/Arena

Word. Im adding you. I need people to run with that actually know how to play. 

From my understanding, the XB1 did not even sell remotely close to the amount of units the 360 sold.

The marketing (and quality) of the XB1 was disastrous.

Edit: just looked into it some more and the gap wasn't as big as I thought.

Welcome to my world. I get no enjoyment from this game right now.

Add me, I'm on 90% of the time.

I just think there's some ego thing going on at 343 - "but I did it my way..."

This is definitely a thing, I think 343 don't wanted their legacy to be just called the "Halo Company"

Though the way they changed the gameplay, mechanics and aesthetic in Halo 4 has caused the franchise only pain

But they are definitely learning just compare Armor Abilities and Spartan Abilities in terms of gameplay

Word. Im adding you. I need people to run with that actually know how to play. 

Cool, wont be on until the weekend though. Got exams coming up

• Upvote (+1) 1

From my understanding, the XB1 did not even sell remotely close to the amount of units the 360 sold.

The marketing (and quality) of the XB1 was disastrous.

I was under the impression that compared to the 360 after it had been out for two years (just like the X1 has now), that the Xbox One is selling much better.

Obviously it hasn't sold as many units as the 360 because it has been out for ten years.

That was hilarious. Does it happen every time?

I dont understand why this isnt in the game. Its such a simple but useful tool. 

Yeah, it's definitely useful if you're trying to put a party together. On Reach, I can instantly see who my friends are partied up with or if they're solo, which gametype they're playing, the score of the game, and how much time is remaining. On Halo 5, you can't see any of that stuff plus you have to press 2 buttons just to get to your friends list.

That was hilarious. Does it happen every time?

I don't hop in vehicles much as I just use Warzone to warm up my aim, but it seems to happen every time I get in a vehicle lol.

This game honestly makes me want to never go solo searching when people can go -15 and effect my placing. Teams of 4 is the way to go at all times I guess

Where were the rest of your team though? if you have players top mid and maybe one catwalk they're probably going to spawn in Corner.

Well, does it matter? We had 1 BR base and 1 Tower 2. How in the hell should they spawn behind us in that little corner base lol

Ranked btb got removed halo 3 due to it being inactive and when squad battle was released it also had the lowest population of any ranked playlist. I understand people want to play what they want to play but I don't see enough support for a ranked btb whilst having a social btb available (whenever that is).

Halo 3's ranking system had harsh matchmaking restrictions, which made for long search times in ranked BTB. It not only looked at your rank in the playlist, but also your highest rank overall. I remember searching solo in that playlist and waiting 20-30 minutes for a match, despite there being a couple thousand people in the playlist at the time. So it wasn't the lack of support in ranked BTB that caused it to die in H3, but the long search times. In Halo 2's ranked BTB Skirmish, I could find games searching solo in 1-2 minutes as it was a simpler(and better) ranking system.