CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because social playlists suck and since there are no more guests, there really is no reason to continue with them. With many games being lopsided with downies for teammates/opponents, tons of quitters, and nothing to play for, it's hard for me to understand how anyone here could advocate for social.

Because it takes the downsies/quitters/do nothings out of ranked playlists and puts them together in social? I've never seen anyone have such a hard on to take a feature out of Halo that could only make it better for himself and the rest of the population.

Halo 3 playlists were perfect. They worked, and they continued to work.

You are just wrong man, you're coming to pretty much the most highly dense competitive player forums and even we want social.

Then you say social sucks? Then don't play it man its not that hard.

Warzone will never be social Halo no matter what you say.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some people go out... and drink... heavily, and get this, they want to play Halo after! Crazy right?

Some of my better memories of Halo 3 was playing social playlists with friends while completely hammered.

Sometimes you just wanna chill out and play without worrying about all that ranking shit. 

Social playlists are crazy important in Halo to me.

Just play Warzone, it's everything you need for social. :kappa:

Yet again, top argument for people against social playlists. Unless Warzone has normal gametypes with absolutely no REQ card usage, I'd rather not be forced to play it when I'm not in the mood for competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, Star Wars Black Ops, FIFA, GTA, Destiny. I think it'll be in 8-10 range

Wow, this isn't Halo 4 we are talking about. Halo 5 is so much better and better than all of those games, in my opinion.

There's a reason why a lot of people here aren't game developers and Brad Pitt is good example of that.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Wow, this isn't Halo 4 we are talking about. Halo 5 is so much better and better than all of those games, in my opinion.

yeah bro, tomb raider the halo killer.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because social playlists suck and since there are no more guests, there really is no reason to continue with them. With many games being lopsided with downies for teammates/opponents, tons of quitters, and nothing to play for, it's hard for me to understand how anyone here could advocate for social. If people genuinely want that kind of experience, we already have two playlists for that with Warzone and Warzone Assault.

Ranked BTB worked great in Halo 2 and it can work great again. We already have two social BTB-like playlists, no reason for a 3rd. It's up to 343. I can continue to stomp noobs in BTB like in H3/Reach with my eyes closed or have fun, competitive matchups like in Halo 2.

-_______-

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because it takes the downsies/quitters/do nothings out of ranked playlists and puts them together in social? I've never seen anyone have such a hard on to take a feature out of Halo that could only make it better for himself and the rest of the population.

Halo 3 playlists were perfect. They worked, and they continued to work.

You are just wrong man, you're coming to pretty much the most highly dense competitive player forums and even we want social.

Then you say social sucks? Then don't play it man its not that hard.

Warzone will never be social Halo no matter what you say.

Downies, quitters, AFKers will be matching each other in the bronze and silver divisions, so I'll never see them. Believe me, I never want to have to play social again, but if they make BTB social, then I will be forced to as my love for BTB trumps my hatred for social playlists. If Warzone isn't social, then what do you call it? It's the most casual/social thing I've ever seen outside of the 4.

No, it did not. There was no party restrictions for Ranked btb or Squad Battle.

Are you sure? Im pretty sure they only turned it off late in squad's life as a last ditch effort.

Downies, quitters, AFKers will be matching each other in the bronze and silver divisions, so I'll never see them. Believe me, I never want to have to play social again, but if they make BTB social, then I will be forced to as my love for BTB trumps my hatred for social playlists. If Warzone isn't social, then what do you call it? It's the most casual/social thing I've ever seen outside of the 4.

still see them in diamond and onyx so yeah...

• Upvote (+1) 2

My team was winning in Warzone by nearly 500 points and they all start to leave. So of course we lost because we just kept getting spawnkilled. Why the hell do people leave if they are winning?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The fact you can't play this game on LAN is going to cause some concerns/issues down the road, you guys are aware of that right? All someone has to do is get that IP address and it could shut the whole tournament down. You can't even have local tournaments/halo parties anymore without having it on an approved dedicated server which is absolutely bogus.

We dont host LAN events.

But yeah, the Xbox One has not made it easy to even consider hosting LAN events which is unfortunate. 

There's a reason why a lot of people here aren't game developers and Brad Pitt is good example of that.

Yeah, cause my version of Halo would be so amazing and addictive that there wouldn't be any reason to buy another game.

• Downvote (-1) 9

i really really hate the bouncyness of the grenades, they arent made out of rubber

this isnt pinball but halo, grenades shouldnt bounce around so much

• Upvote (+1) 2

Downies, quitters, AFKers will be matching each other in the bronze and silver divisions, so I'll never see them. Believe me, I never want to have to play social again, but if they make BTB social, then I will be forced to as my love for BTB trumps my hatred for social playlists. If Warzone isn't social, then what do you call it? It's the most casual/social thing I've ever seen outside of the 4.

And what about people who want social slayer? Or social ctf/strongholds?

Yeah, cause my version of Halo would be so amazing and addictive that there wouldn't be any reason to buy another game.

Well seeing as you have an obsession with Big Team I'll have to pass. That game mode is ass to me.

i really really hate the bouncyness of the grenades, they arent made out of rubber

this isnt pinball but halo, grenades shouldnt bounce around so much

I think the bigger problem is how long thy take to explode after they bounce. Shits ridiculous

yeah I got the OCD thing going on... I'm more used to the dumb phrases I never used than the ones I'm more familiar with in RPG's and fighting games...  :wacko:

Word I can understand that lol. Whenever I do see reversal I do thing of someone doing wake up shoryuken so I can see what you're saying haha

It would probably cure me of ever buying another game, that's for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I cant handle Halo 5 anymore. I almost tossed my controller into my monitor. Not because the games bad but I have nobody to play with that can actually play and just lose lose lose lose lose. I hope to god the party system also gets fixed. 

Yes, but not anywhere close to as often as social.

almost every game so yeah. . .

unless I dont play solo, then they're on the other team so yeah. . .

But on another note.  This game just isn't fun.  I used to be able to play Halo for hours, losing or not.  This Halo after an hour I'd rather go do something else.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sometimes when I see things like 343's reticence to include things that clearly worked like social playlists and Reach's UI I just think there's some ego thing going on at 343 - "but I did it my way..."