CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't see the need for traditional Zombies AND a Zombie campaign in BLOPS3 but they did. 

More options is more options. It keeps people playing. 

I disagree completely. How do you think halo 5 would do with 50 playlists instead of the amount it currently has?

I disagree completely. How do you think halo 5 would do with 50 playlists instead of the amount it currently has?

What does 50 playlists have to do with having Firefight and SpOps?

What else does it have to compete with atm?

We'll see how it fairs once the new cod/other new releases come out, that will be the real test.

A new Fifa and a new* destiny.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that some people want to play normal arena gametypes, just unranked?

Im kind of split on whether BTB should be ranked or unranked. In Reach I played a lot of BTB and played with the best group of BTB kids at the time so I understand that it can be very competitive. But at the same time I feel as though the amount of people who play BTB competitively is so low(especially since 4v4 is good in this game) that it would probably be better suited to social.

Ranked btb got removed halo 3 due to it being inactive and when squad battle was released it also had the lowest population of any ranked playlist. I understand people want to play what they want to play but I don't see enough support for a ranked btb whilst having a social btb available (whenever that is).

That's because star wars and Fallout 4 haven't come out yet.

Battlefront has sooooooo much negativity surrounding it. It's lack of content makes H5 look like the most robust game ever launched and quite frankly the BETA was horrible.

Fallout 4 will be awesome. But SP games only hold a lot of population for a short amount of time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What does 50 playlists have to do with having Firefight and SpOps?

More options is more options. It keeps people playing. 

Destiny has been #1 for most of the year, so it's pretty good that halo 5 knocked it of its top spot.

Halo 5 has only been out a week or so, we will see halo 5s true spot in a few months. I hope it can stay in the top 3, I don't think it will but one can hope :)

Ranked btb got removed halo 3 due to it being inactive and when squad battle was released it also had the lowest population of any ranked playlist. I understand people want to play what they want to play but I don't see enough support for a ranked btb whilst having a social btb available (whenever that is).

H3 also had party restrictions in ranked. Which is what created most of ranked BTB's issues in H3 regarding population. With no party restrictions in H5, ranked BTB would probably work.

So what games are coming out for xbone that will rival h5's current top spot?

Fallout, Star Wars, Cod, Battlefront? are the few I've read in the past couple of pages, any more?

L

Ok so upon further investigation it looks like that 83 million a month for Halo 2 counts player-games. So that needs to be divided by 8.

Works out to 2.6 million games a week. But the important part of that stat is that it's an average over 5 1/2 years.

Seeing as Halo 3 came out 3 years later I'm sure that number is very front-heavy.

Halo 5 would have to maintain launch week numbers for two straight years to hit the game total of Halo 2. Don't see that happening.

Now compare that to Halo 3. Gonna bet it was lower.

H3 also had party restrictions in ranked. Which is what created most of ranked BTB's issues in H3 regarding population. With no party restrictions in H5, ranked BTB would probably work.

No, it did not. There was no party restrictions for Ranked btb or Squad Battle.

I still don't get what you're trying to say.

How does me saying "more options is more options" means 50 playlists lol

I meant SpOps and Firefight. 

I'll be enjoying both Halo 5 and Fallout 4 on the One. And the new Xbox One experience is gonna help with that especially...

I still don't get what you're trying to say.

How does me saying "more options is more options" means 50 playlists lol

I meant SpOps and Firefight. 

You did not say that, you said "more options is more options", that very easily translates to more playlists. So the more options thing only applies to zombies and firefight/spartan ops?

If I remember right, Reach had to take some of the Firefight playlists out due to certain ones having such a low population, so in that case more options wasn't the way to go.

You did not say that, you said "more options is more options", that very easily translates to more playlists. So the more options thing only applies to zombies and firefight/spartan ops?

If I remember right, Reach had to take some of the Firefight playlists out due to certain ones having such a low population, so in that case more options wasn't the way to go.

But they used the data they gathered from having all those playlists to make the right choices. That's the problem 343 seems to have. They aren't willing to actually see what people want to play and then after a couple weeks or so cut the playlists that have an unhealthy pop counter.

When I said, "more options is more options", never once in my mind did I ever mean "I want 50 playlists". You are taking it FAR too literally. 

When I said "more options is more options", I simply meant, "why NOT have both Firefight and SpOps?". There is an audience for both. 

I think he was speaking of options in a game mode point of view. Games like Black Ops 3, for example, have a lot of things to choose from out of the box and are complete experiences based on what people liked and disliked from previous iterations. Besides that, there's literally something for everyone on top of that.

We don't have that in Halo 5 at the current moment. A lot of things are missing from previous iterations or just removed completely for something else. I don't see many games stripping features in future iterations and feel like downgrades in some regards while a few things are improved on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of COD style games, but I have to give respect to said games for at least sticking to what fans want and keeping and improving on features that have been in since the first game.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think he was speaking of options in a game mode point of view. Games like Black Ops 3, for example, have a lot of things to choose from out of the box and are complete experiences based on what people liked and disliked from previous iterations. Besides that, there's literally something for everyone on top of that.

We don't have that in Halo 5 at the current moment. A lot of things are missing from previous iterations or just removed completely for something else. I don't see many games stripping features in future iterations and feel like downgrades in some regards while a few things are improved on.

Exactly. 

Why is it so hard for you to understand that some people want to play normal arena gametypes, just unranked?

Im kind of split on whether BTB should be ranked or unranked. In Reach I played a lot of BTB and played with the best group of BTB kids at the time so I understand that it can be very competitive. But at the same time I feel as though the amount of people who play BTB competitively is so low(especially since 4v4 is good in this game) that it would probably be better suited to social.

Because social playlists suck and since there are no more guests, there really is no reason to continue with them. With many games being lopsided with downies for teammates/opponents, tons of quitters, and nothing to play for, it's hard for me to understand how anyone here could advocate for social. If people genuinely want that kind of experience, we already have two playlists for that with Warzone and Warzone Assault.

Ranked BTB worked great in Halo 2 and it can work great again. We already have two social BTB-like playlists, no reason for a 3rd. It's up to 343. I can continue to stomp noobs in BTB like in H3/Reach with my eyes closed or have fun, competitive matchups like in Halo 2.

• Downvote (-1) 7

Ok so upon further investigation it looks like that 83 million a month for Halo 2 counts player-games. So that needs to be divided by 8.

Works out to 2.6 million games a week. But the important part of that stat is that it's an average over 5 1/2 years.

Seeing as Halo 3 came out 3 years later I'm sure that number is very front-heavy.

Halo 5 would have to maintain launch week numbers for two straight years to hit the game total of Halo 2. Don't see that happening.

Who needs Coachmayyne when you have jeromesix ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to have more options or add onto a game so there's something for everyone (and possibly maintaining population), but I guess there's a first time for everything. I highly doubt adding social playlists is going to hurt anyone.

Not everyone wants to play Warzone let alone be forced to play it. This all is just baffling to me, no offense.

Not to mention friends want to play with friends. Why would someone in the Champion ranks want to play some slayer or some normal gametypes with their friend who is a Gold?

Because social playlists suck and since there are no more guests, there really is no reason to continue with them. With many games being lopsided with downies for teammates/opponents, tons of quitters, and nothing to play for, it's hard for me to understand how anyone here could advocate for social. If people genuinely want that kind of experience, we already have two playlists for that with Warzone and Warzone Assault.

Ranked BTB worked great in Halo 2 and it can work great again. We already have two social BTB-like playlists, no reason for a 3rd. It's up to 343. I can continue to stomp noobs in BTB like in H3/Reach with my eyes closed or have fun, competitive matchups like in Halo 2.

Some people go out... and drink... heavily, and get this, they want to play Halo after! Crazy right?

Some of my better memories of Halo 3 was playing social playlists with friends while completely hammered.

Sometimes you just wanna chill out and play without worrying about all that ranking shit. 

Social playlists are crazy important in Halo to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 has been #1 on XBl every time i've looked except for once when it was #2. It seems to be doing ok.

It would be pretty sad if it dropped from #1 on launch week. I mean it's freaking Halo.