CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"Crackedoutkilla was the first to rack up a Killionaire – the highest spree medal we’ve got, and earning 10 kills within 4.5 seconds of one another. Leave some for the rest of us, pal."

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/post-launch-carnage-report

Ok, so which one is it @@Sal1ent - 4.5 seconds or 5 seconds? 

If 5 seconds, why?

If 4.5 seconds, why?

Maps are so big and Re-spawn time in slayer is so long you pretty much need the extra second if you want a good chance for something above an overkill.

Tbh I haven't really noticed that too much. Its just the decision making in hectic situations. I watch a pro stream and they will do some super sick thing with the spartan abilities that I would have never dreamed of doing

Yeah it is quite a different set of decisions you need to make during gunfights. I'm definitely not at the point where I'm making optimal decisions in a high enough percentage of situations. That's actually part of the appeal of the game for me though at the moment.

an idea i had in my head today... i think for the future of online halo mp... this would be cool:

since 343 already created rank divisions for solo players, it would be awesome if they had team divisons.

You would create a spartan company, via ingame, one person would be team capt and invite up to 3 players.

Then you would play your placement matches, and be put into a division.

Monthly seasons to see how teams do, and at the championship level would be pro teams.

Now match format would be vastly different. This is where a time commitment would come into play. Each match would actually be a best of three or best of five before being able to search again.

Also, a forfeit the entire match option would be available so that if a team simply didnt want to go thru an entire best of series, they could be given an option to forfeit. This would drastically lower their rank tho and make ranking up tougher over time the more forfeits they do.

Thoughts on this ingame concept?

Yes imo it should be like SC2 where your rank for each team combination is different.  I.E.  I could be silver in team arena with friends a,b,c and also be diamond with friends d,f,e.

Maps are so big and Re-spawn time in slayer is so long you pretty much need the extra second if you want a good chance for something above an overkill.

That's a poor excuse. Leave it at 4 seconds and if you pace out your kills, you'll get the multi-kills.

Copyright stopped me from uploading it on youtube but this is probably going to be my first and last h5 project. Still in the developing stages but criticism is appreciated!

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

an idea i had in my head today... i think for the future of online halo mp... this would be cool:

since 343 already created rank divisions for solo players, it would be awesome if they had team divisons.

You would create a spartan company, via ingame, one person would be team capt and invite up to 3 players.

Then you would play your placement matches, and be put into a division.

Monthly seasons to see how teams do, and at the championship level would be pro teams.

Now match format would be vastly different. This is where a time commitment would come into play. Each match would actually be a best of three or best of five before being able to search again.

Also, a forfeit the entire match option would be available so that if a team simply didnt want to go thru an entire best of series, they could be given an option to forfeit. This would drastically lower their rank tho and make ranking up tougher over time the more forfeits they do.

Thoughts on this ingame concept?

They do this in black ops 2 and it's really fun. Well the team format but not best of 5. Still really good and fun but I do agree with your idea. Idk about best of 5 because of time lengths

500,000 just from people buying REQ packs. Wow.

And only a cut goes to HCS, so they've definitely generated way more than that. I'd reckon $800k-$1M?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys think of the REQ pack pricing? Seems a little steep for random digital content imo, though I like the HCS support and free DLC.

4 second multikills strikes the perfect balance between the speed of reloading, players respawning and otherwise. Yes the respawn in this game is 8s but players can also move around the map significantly faster.

4.5s is too much, and 5s is ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What do you guys think of the REQ pack pricing? Seems a little steep for random digital content imo, though I like the HCS support and free DLC.

Definitely way too steep. 3 bucks for one gold pack? I would MAYBE pay 3 bucks for FIVE gold packs.

Wait 343 can be stupid enough to rank the weekend social playlist right? They're at least gonna give us some form of unranked Arena aren't they?

They'll start off ranked (Shotty Snipes included) and then eventually be social.

I'm still wondering why they bothered calling it a Weekend Social Playlist in the original announcement if they planned to start off with more ranked playlists.

whats wrong with ranking the weakened playlist?

you cant split screen so no issues with playing with guests.

having a weekend playlist where a player can grind to champion 1. then the playlist ends a player can have number 1 rank for that playist on that weekend. good way to have it in my opinion.

Wait 343 can be stupid enough to rank the weekend social playlist right? They're at least gonna give us some form of unranked Arena aren't they?

I think they will eventually but this weeks weekend social will be ranked sadly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

having a weekend playlist where a player can grind to champion 1. then the playlist ends a player can have number 1 rank for that playist on that weekend. good way to have it in my opinion.

Weekend Social Playlist

If they want to rank it, that's fine but don't say in your original announcement it will be social when the plan was to rank it to begin with and then make it social down the line.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They'll start off ranked (Shotty Snipes included) and then eventually be social.

I'm still wondering why they bothered calling it a Weekend Social Playlist in the original announcement if they planned to start off with more ranked playlists.

Damn so they skipped the first weekend and now are giving us poor options that are ranked. I'm just confused with these decisions.

Curious.

What options would you offer in the Weekend Social playlist in the future? Obviously we'd all love to throw Infection or Grifball there but in terms of what is possible with Halo 5 right now, what would you actually put there?

Definitely way too steep. 3 bucks for one gold pack? I would MAYBE pay 3 bucks for FIVE gold packs.

Yeah, like if the packs were cheaper and unlocked specific or predictable items that were well made, ala skins in MOBAs, I'd consider spending money.

As it is now, I don't feel like I gain anything of value from the majority of REQ packs. Certainly nothing worth $3.

Curious.

What options would you offer in the Weekend Social playlist in the future? Obviously we'd all love to throw Infection or Grifball there but in terms of what is possible with Halo 5 right now, what would you actually put there?

Multi team.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Curious.

I have been thinking maybe a classic playlist but it probably wouldn't play that well.

Reversal. Reversal. Reversal. Reversal. Reversal. Reversal. 

This medal is so bugged...

The hell is up with Reversal anyway? This isn't a fighting game.

'Because we have enough ranked playlists at the moment and people don't want to have their tryhard pants on all the time