CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Close range or not, most engagements happen within 2 feet of each other with how small the maps are and everything. Also took a video. Even at a longer range, it's easy to kill someone with the AR, more so than using the Pistol/BR, and since they have similar TTKs, it doesn't matter. AR would still be more viable when it shouldn't.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TranzTeK/video/12513810

I just don't want people to get it confused. Crouching does not reduce the spread or bloom at all. Only removes recoil. This isn't as important because all you have to do is hold down slightly on the stick to compensate.

Ads on the other hand, reduces nearly all spread.

I just don't want people to get it confused. Crouching does not reduce the spread or bloom at all. Only removes recoil.

Hm, just to make sure, I'm going to test the spread with no zoom, both standing and crouching.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Grenades have been affecting rocket paths since Halo 3

Ok thought so just couldn't remember where I had seen it before, thanks for confirming

I just want to raise a little topic....

I haven't played SWAT in H5 yet, and I don't plan to. Here's why...

I believe Halo Reach SWAT was by far the best iteration of the gametype for a variety of reasons, and I happened to play a fair amount.

One, it was single shot, no forgiving '3 chances' spread.

Two, bloom worked in the way that it punished missing the (almighty important) first shot, giving a lot more importance to actually hitting the target.

Three, sprinting was used to get from A to B quickly, but was severely punishable because of the weapons-up delay. Like Snipers, the best players almost always have their weapon up.

And four, aiming wasn't hard, but wasn't h2/h4/h2a levels of easy, and had very little bullet magnetism.

Reasons one, two, and four are why H5 SWAT is bullshit trash. The BR is FORGIVING as FUCK, the second shot will always land if by a miracle you miss the first one, and the magnetism takes away any skill-gap that SWAT previously had (which I promise you it did).

Halo 5's magnetism is a joke, and completely undermines the whole concept of having good aim in a console FPS, and trivialises the gametype that is 99% based on aim and aim alone.

And with the state of the current Sniper, I swear to god Team Snipers (my favourite gametype) will end up in exactly the same state, which FUCKING SUCKS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

And with the state of the current Sniper, I swear to god Team Snipers (my favourite gametype) will end up in exactly the same state, which FUCKING SUCKS.

I didn't think I would ever say this for a Halo game, but I hope 343 doesn't add Team Snipers. That shit would be horrible.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just don't want people to get it confused. Crouching does not reduce the spread or bloom at all. Only removes recoil. This isn't as important because all you have to do is hold down slightly on the stick to compensate.

Yeah there wasn't a difference in spread with no zoom standing and crouching. However, there is a difference in both zoom standing and crouching.

Either way, with the way the current TTKs are and how close engagements usually are, I stand by what I've been saying today. The AR is definitely more viable than the pistol in most cases. It should be the opposite.

Yeah there wasn't a difference in spread with no zoom standing and crouching. However, there is a difference in both zoom standing and crouching.

Either way, with the way the current TTKs are and how close engagements usually are, I stand by what I've been saying today. The AR is definitely more viable than the pistol in most cases. It should be the opposite.

Thanks for testing it. But as for your conclusion, try playing a game using only AR. I'm actually curious how it will turn out.

Take a look at this guys link below, FFA with BR starts on Truth. Guy wasn't even aiming at their head and getting hitmarkers/headshots. It looks as if, you can just shoot in their general direction and get hit markers. If you slow down around 4:05 and watch their battle the reticule is clearly to the left of the player and it's giving him hitmarkers while he's missing. Does anyone know if the pistol acts this way as well? I'm trying to figure out how I miss so much with controversy around the aiming ystem. I try strafing and other evasion techniques but I seem to get killed pretty easily still and watching this video pretty much sums it up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't think I would ever say this for a Halo game, but I hope 343 doesn't add Team Snipers. That shit would be horrible.

Not anymore horrible than H2A, I figure.

Take a look at this guys link below, FFA with BR starts on Truth. Guy wasn't even aiming at the person and getting hitmarkers

This looks like Theatre mode which isn't accurate at all in this game unfortunately. Going to be bad for montages if they can't fix it

• Upvote (+1) 3

Two, bloom worked in the way that it punished missing the (almighty important) first shot, giving a lot more importance to actually hitting the target.

I have always advocated that bloom was actually appropriate in no-shields gametypes. I don't know why nobody would listen, it makes perfect sense.

Thanks for testing it. But as for your conclusion, try playing a game using only AR. I'm actually curious how it will turn out.

To be honest I did better using just the AR than I do just using the pistol, even when all my shots land. I always get outclassed by ARs. When I pick up a BR though, different story, not only because of it's increased magnetism, but because it's a 4SK, which the pistol should be. It's way too easy to get a kill with the AR and not fun at all. I don't want to use the AR but almost feel like I need to in most situations. If I wanted to play a game like this, I would honestly just go play COD since the series revolves around that kind of mechanic.

It'd just be smart to make the pistol 4SK and the BR 3SK to make things more balanced and to make the pistol a true utility weapon. This isn't because of a lack of aim. My shots land. The TTKs are just way too close to eachother.

The worst thing is, is that everyone I've gone against is crouching and zooming with their AR's now that people have said it's more accurate that way. The funny thing is that I usually get 4 shots into them with the pistol and getting killed right before my 5th shot lands or even fires.

This is against an AR user, just to be clear.

We should spam someones twitter with a 4SK pistol campaigner.   Just flood it with 4SK pistol request.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think people are forgetting why ADS is bad. It's because it makes un-ADSed shooting useless. This is clearly not the case with any H5 weapon, and anyway, it's not like anyone cares about the LR having a zoom advantage. The AR is bad because it's too easy to use, zoom or no, crouch or no. The crouch advantage makes little difference to anything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We should spam someones twitter with a 4SK pistol campaigner.   Just flood it with 4SK pistol request.

Because the best way to get your point across is to be an annoyance to the person you speak to. :P

I think people are forgetting why ADS is bad. It's because it makes un-ADSed shooting useless. This is clearly not the case with any H5 weapon, and anyway, it's not like anyone cares about the LR having a zoom advantage. The AR is bad because it's too easy to use, zoom or no, crouch or no. The crouch advantage makes little difference to anything.

Off topic but like the signature picture. Too true.

Because the best way to get your point across is to be an annoyance to the person you speak to. :P

I'unno, I seem to grab their attention pretty efficiently. =P

I like to think people also just preferred the quicker, more aesthetically pleasing, and unique way Halo used to handle zooming.

Halo 5 is the first game in a long time that I play that i can't watch on twitch for long. Watching it makes me lean down and turn my Xbox on and start playing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Speaking of signatures, yours is from Steam, right? If so, how'd you get that?

It's from www.steamsignature.com. 8)

I'll be sure to look into it. Love Steam with a passion, might as well show it sometime. :3

Of course! Before I bought my Xbox One for MCC after it got fixed, Steam was my primary gaming space and still is, when I'm not too busy obsessing over Halo, of course.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease