CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Bravo said it's in testing, ch eck his twitter from maybe 2 days ago.

IS THIS REAL? PLEASE BE REAL.

Yeah, the Halo subreddit is unusable right now. The people complaining aren't even the issue. It's the white knight, nothing is wrong, everything is fine, people that are killing it. Honeymoon phase is always a fun time.

Reddit defending problems with games and trying to block out their buyers remorse is normal.

From Waypoint: 

TeamBeyond is literally the only forum I can tolerate right now, well for the MP part of the game atleast

It's hella negative in here but at least people know what  they are talking about 

Please link me to that thread so I can laugh

40 minute review of Halo 5

Oh god, here we go.

I will agree on his points of how the game's campaign and story was marketed, however. The story we got in campaign wasn't close to how it was portrayed in ads, Hunt the Truth, and etc.

Halo 5 had the lowest selling launch week in Europe for a mainline Halo game

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-02-halo-5-tops-chart-outsells-assassins-creed-syndicate-launch-by-50-percent?page=comments

Here's a comparison to other Halo launches

[Week 11, 2002] HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED (MICROSOFT) -

[Week 46, 2004] HALO 2 (MICROSOFT) - 260,000 / NEW (85%)

[Week 39, 2007] HALO 3 (MICROSOFT) - 370,000 / NEW (90%)

[Week 09, 2009] HALO WARS (MICROSOFT) - 65,000 / NEW (90%)

[Week 39, 2009] HALO 3: ODST (MICROSOFT) - 212,000 / NEW (90%)

[Week 37, 2010] HALO: REACH (MICROSOFT) - 390,000 / NEW (90%)

[Week 46, 2011] HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED ANNIVERSARY -

[Week 45, 2012] HALO 4 (MICROSOFT) - Slightly over 332,000 / NEW (90%)

[Week 46, 2014] HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION (MICROSOFT) - Between 80,000 and 105,000 / NEW (95%)

[Week 44, 2015] HALO 5: GUARDIANS (MICROSOFT) -

Halo 5 sold 150k on launch week in the UK that includes bundles

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really will never understand the Halo fan base. You look at any gaming community and the majority of said game will understand how the game works and how mechanics interact. The general Halo community is so beyond the point of ignorance its hard to describe their lack of understanding

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah, the Halo subreddit is unusable right now. The people complaining aren't even the issue. It's the white knight, nothing is wrong, everything is fine, people that are killing it. Honeymoon phase is always a fun time.

Sadly, r/halo is the community that 343 is catering to.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-02-halo-5-tops-chart-outsells-assassins-creed-syndicate-launch-by-50-percent?page=comments

[Week 46, 2014] HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION (MICROSOFT) - Between 80,000 and 105,000 / NEW (95%)

One could also argue that it's the best selling Halo title on the Xbox One.

I don't really care about sales either way, but the point I'm making is that a lot of people still own previous gen consoles... and the Xbox One hasn't been a super popular platform so far, which is why they're pushing for a lot of new/appealing features through NXE, mods on Fallout 4, esports, etc. There's a reason Activision still pushes devs to release games on previous gen even if it holds back current gen development (Destiny, CoD, etc.) Microsoft on the other hand is attempting to sell a console through Halo. I think we'll see the true sales peak around holidays.

One could also argue that it's the best selling Halo title on the Xbox One.

I don't really care about sales either way, but the point I'm making is that a lot of people still own previous gen consoles... and the Xbox One hasn't been a super popular platform so far, which is why they're pushing for a lot of new/appealing features through NXE, mods on Fallout 4, esports, etc. There's a reason Activision still pushes devs to release games on previous gen even if it holds back current gen development (Destiny, CoD, etc.) Microsoft on the other hand is attempting to sell a console through Halo. I think we'll see the true sales peak around holidays.

There are a number of factors which will influence the interpretation of those sales figures. On one hand, despite the console's relative unpopularity, the Xbox One install base is currently very similar to that of the Xbox 360 at the time of the launch of Halo 3, so Halo 5 represents a clear sales decline in comparison; however, one must consider the rise of digital sales, which if taken into account, will reduce the extent of that decline somewhat (though likely won't erase it entirely), and of course:

Launch sales tell you more about the previous entry in a series than the current one.

I think Halo 5's global launch sales figures will reflect the distaste many in the community held for Halo 4 and the MCC, and in that regard won't entirely reflect the nature of Halo 5 itself.

I would just like to say one particular thing on this, and that is sometimes I legitimately do feel like I'm alone while lobbying to not accept compromise or baseless design decisions, and that can be difficult for me. Whenever the time comes that I feel like nobody else in the community cares enough to maintain their standards any longer, that will be when I walk away from it. 

I'm pretty sure you will never be alone in that, there is too many people(some in this forum) that ACTUALLY DO CARE about the "competitive merit and standards of Halo" to just let it die.

It'll trade if you both hit perfects at same time, but that's with every weapon. You'd make the Mag more powerful than those other two and that's not the point. Right now they are balanced. DMR is only upgrade in terms of aiming not power or speed. If you can aim pistol, you can win.

Pistol - 1.26
AR - 1.13
BR - 1.33
1.28 DMR

These are the killtimes that were found by D0ju. BR kills slower by a fraction of a second, while the AR actually has A FASTER perfect kill time than the "skilful utility weapon".

Anyone with logical sense can see that the Magnum needs a buff. Trades are terrible, and should be eliminated as much as possible.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

IMO slayer is a horrible gametype for H5.  H5 works much better on objective gametypes.  I think the team arena playlist would be much improved by removing slayer and breakout gametypes and adding neutral bomb/oddball/KOTH gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He rips this game apart. Honeymooners, watch with caution.

Yep. Obviously dont agree with everything he says, but its nice to have a bit of critical thinking from somebody who is as casual as they come.

I especially liked the part on REQ packs, definitely agree with him there.

Where did you get the 150k from? The comment section?

Being brutally honest here. Those of you that know me from mlg forums, etc know ive always had a critical eye at Halo and games in general.

I logged in 11+ hours since the game launched. This weekend i played a lot and really got a good grasp of what this game is like. The aiming is indeed different, but I love it because with the low sticky aim, your aim is much more important than what weapon you're holding. Now as for the full autos such as the smg and the ar... sure i dont like spraying people down and i dont like being killed by them, but id say 99% of the time, when im killed by an ar, its my mistake, my poor aiming, my poor decision making, etc.

I feel like this game has a lot more riding on your aim and knowing when to engage in a fight and when to back off. much like quake, you dont always go into fights without knowing you. have the upper hand whether its items, weapons, postioning, etc.

Many people, at least in the scrub gold div im in for slayer, are trying to play the game the classic way they have always known, but in all honesty this game is so damn close to halo ce and so far away from the other halo titles. i believe that's why people cant come to grips with it. I think if youre a halo ce vet, then you have a pretty easy time getting into halo 5, but if your halo career started with 2, 3 or 4...then i think its going to take you longer to get a handle on the game.

Thats not to say things cant be changed in this game like maps, weapons on map, powerup availability, etc. Hell, i think many of these maps need much more rifles than there already are, but that's just my. opinion.

Ihave friend saying they want br starts and after playing this game this past weekend, im gonna have to disagree agree with that. br starts would turn this game into a rifle dominant game that will basically mean a lot of standoffs, stale gameplay.... basically halo 2 slayer on lockout with br starts.

ik typing this on my phone so it's tough to make a good post, but just wanted to chime in some comments. feel free to rebuttal :)

edit; i do enjoy this halo much more than any previous one, excluding hce.

one thing I wish 343 would do is make item control more prominent in halo 5. that's what made . haloce fun, the constant timing of items abd weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 4

the same kids that crouch walk because of radar? The very same ones who will never play arena again once radar is removed? Yeah they cool peoples

is radar removal confirmed?

feel free to rebuttal

The reason you're getting killed by an AR is not your fault and has nothing to do with your poor aiming, unless you actually do mean you're not a good shot in Halo.

The reason is because of the unbalanced weapons sandbox. The AR should never be more powerful than the Pistol or even the BR. In a lot of cases, the AR is, and that's what's wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 4