CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Shut up Lemon. Buy the game, then make decisions. 

"waits for essay"

I'm honestly surprised nobody has just descended straight into Fox News territory and asked me whether I hate our 2nd Amendment right to bear as many redundant arms as possible. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm honestly surprised nobody has just descended straight into Fox News territory and asked me whether I hate our 2nd Amendment right to bear as many redundant arms as possible. 

I believe he asked for an ESSAY. *snaps fingers* chop chop!

Personally Clamber is all I need to traverse through a map as I don't make long jumps from one platform to the next due to it making me a sitting duck for the other team, but that's just me. Making Thruster reset shield recharge wouldn't hinder people from traveling through the map if that's what they use it for.

I'd think more people would be upset that you can't sprint anymore.

Not sure if you're serious about the weapon buffs, but I'd be okay with that.

Not according to this place. To them, sprint has become a literal non-issue even when it's in play. I could not possibly disagree more, but hey. 

And I am serious. Lost in all the discussion is the fact that the kill times are still too long across the board, nevermind pistol vs. everything. 

Use that index finger sensitivity to make sure all my hits are precise

Damn stll too hard. Wanted to neg your post because I'm salty but missed.

Need to upgrade my finger.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn stll too hard. Wanted to neg your post because I'm salty but missed.

Need to upgrade my finger.

Luckily we have Legendary Fingertips* coming in December. 

*Off-Topic only

• Upvote (+1) 1

The shield delay is essentially a duct tape solution. While it may suppress the problem, it also introduces more problems. The delay not only limits the player defensively (its intention), it also limits the player offensively. There's lots of downtime between firefights and map traversal thanks to the shield delay. You barely win an engagement and cannot sprint to your next destination because you're paranoid of getting picked off. It hampers your ability to traverse the map and assist teammates effectively. Waiting a few seconds for your shield to recharge may not seem like a lot, but that shit adds up.

Its only like a few mileseconds faster. DMR is straight upgrade compared to Pistol. 4SK is needed as the game is teamshooting and trading right now because of 5SK.

It'll trade if you both hit perfects at same time, but that's with every weapon. You'd make the Mag more powerful than those other two and that's not the point. Right now they are balanced. DMR is only upgrade in terms of aiming not power or speed. If you can aim pistol, you can win.

For future HCS playlist:

- Pistol only

- Only powerweapons and powerups on map

- Radar off

- Fathom, Coliseum, Truth and a couple of forge maps

- CTF, Strongholds, Oddball and less Slayer

Currently rifles are too easy to use compared to the pistol so I think they have to be removed or give everyone a rifle to start with. Or what do you guys think? Is there any way that the pistol can stay as a starting weapon and rifles as map pick ups? Is a scenario possible (=tolerable) where rifles are as hard to use as the pistol but with longer red reticle range? 

My buddy who sucks at Halo and was a highest skill of 27 in H3 just showed me his Onyx rank in Swat and FFA. I hate this ranking system. Onyx is WAY too easy to obtain.

He literally has a negative KDA. How does he get Onyx???

Not according to this place. To them, sprint has become a literal non-issue even when it's in play. I could not possibly disagree more, but hey. 

And I am serious. Lost in all the discussion is the fact that the kill times are still too long across the board, nevermind pistol vs. everything. 

As far as your suggestions on weapons, I agree. The AR would be less viable and it'd make everything a more proper speed. It's so stupid right now because the AR and Pistol pretty much have a similar TTK. Especially in free for all, for example, if you're in a gunfight AR vs Pistol, the AR usually always wins even if the pistol/magnum user lands every shot.

Also I laugh at the pistol vs everything argument, because I honestly think it doesn't hold much weight, but that's another story entirely. I'd understand the argument more if both the pistol and BR both had a 4SK.

Currently rifles are too easy to use compared to the pistol so I think they have to be removed or give everyone a rifle to start with. Or what do you guys think? Is there any way that the pistol can stay as a starting weapon and rifles as map pick ups? Is a scenario possible (=tolerable) where rifles are as hard to use as the pistol but with longer red reticle range? 

This whole rifles-on-map thing is just utterly obtuse. 

You put them too far out of the way, nobody is going to go for them. You put them within easy reach, what's the point in not starting with them? 

They're not going to take up legitimate positions for power weapons on the map, so nobody is going to have to fight for them. 

Just no point at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

This whole rifles-on-map thing is just utterly obtuse.

You put them too far out of the way, nobody is going to go for them. You put them within easy reach, what's the point in not starting with them?

They're not going to take up legitimate positions for power weapons on the map, so nobody is going to have to fight for them.

Just no point at all.

Just a way to add randomness and frustration to the game. God forbid we get one utility rifle and a unique condensed sandbox. It's like 343 thinks people are so ADHD that they need 100 weapons that do almost the same thing.

No matter how great you are with the pistol you are never at an advantage and that is the problem. You are not rewarded at all for using the most difficult precision weapon in the game. How is that balanced? Why should the DMR (a literal upgrade from the pistol with a lot more RRR and a large scope) and the BR (insanely easy to use, more RRR and can sweep shoot) kill in the same time as your primary weapon? What balance are you speaking of? Just because weapons kill in the same time doesn't mean they are balanced. Not in the slightest man the pistol is just too weak.

Don't believe so? Play arena/Warzone and only use the pistol against other rifle users. Enjoy the neg bombs.

Pretty much this.

However, at the moment, we have a very weird Skill = Rifle/SpraynPray thing going on when Skill should be more important and rewarded.

As per Cursed Lemon's thought/suggestion, I think making the Pistol 4SK and the BR 3SK would balance things out tremendously.

It'll trade if you both hit perfects at same time, but that's with every weapon. You'd make the Mag more powerful than those other two and that's not the point. Right now they are balanced. DMR is only upgrade in terms of aiming not power or speed. If you can aim pistol, you can win.

If you can aim the DMR, you can win, and it's a helluva lot easier to aim and cross-map with the DMR.  :UncleDrew:

I read the first five words of lemons post and plus repped it.

Then I read it all. And bookmarked it.

I would just like to say one particular thing on this, and that is sometimes I legitimately do feel like I'm alone while lobbying to not accept compromise or baseless design decisions, and that can be difficult for me. Whenever the time comes that I feel like nobody else in the community cares enough to maintain their standards any longer, that will be when I walk away from it. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

No matter how great you are with the pistol you are never at an advantage and that is the problem.

Nail on head. 

You know why the AR is perfect in CE? Because I can drop an AR guy unloading on me at close range in three shots, and still have enough left in me to drop another guy coming at me with an AR or a pistol if I'm good enough. 

You don't get rewarded for being good with the pistol in H5 with respect to the other weapons. There's barely any differentiation, and that's exactly why it's bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

If they are so bent on keeping the rifles in I think they need to change how many are on the map and their spawn time. 1 rifle on the map for each team (so 2 total) and out them on a dynamic timer. That way only 2 rifles will be on the map at all times and the game is not as random. Of course this is just a suggestion if they aren't gonna actually adjust the kill times.

Nail on head. 

You know why the AR is perfect in CE? Because I can drop an AR guy unloading on me at close range in three shots, and still have enough left in me to drop another guy coming at me with an AR or a pistol if I'm good enough. 

You don't get rewarded for being good with the pistol in H5 with respect to the other weapons. There's barely any differentiation, and that's exactly why it's bad. 

100%. Yet people still say the AR is balanced. I'm glad equal kill times are the ultimatum for balance nowadays.

I feel that this is why people have the want/need for BR starts to begin with. I know many say it's because it's been like that since Halo 2, but I honestly believe a lot of people feel the Pistol is too weak and the kill times too slow.

I have not been keeping up with Halo new/settings...Can someone explain why the pros are playing with Radar?

Because 343 persists that Radar is on. Should be off if you're playing Team Arena and HCS/Competitive Settings.

-

On another note, I'm planning on scanning the maps from the guide sometime soon in case people wonder or want to know the general locations of weapons per map.

I have not been keeping up with Halo new/settings...Can someone explain why the pros are playing with Radar?

Well, the reason is that 343 is pushing to have radar in HCS. 

As far as an actual explanation, however... ...

• Upvote (+1) 2