CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm not trying to seem like a smartass here, but if people want a 4sk magnum (Due to it being higher skill gap, ect.) Why not just make most of the weapons harder to use and just swap the BR in as a primary weapon?  

Trying to picture how a non-babied (Magnetism) BR/DMR/Magnum/AR/Sniper would play live.

3 burst utilities are dumb as ass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what I think should be done:

Magnum buff to 4 shot (or maybe 3 shot but with less aim assist and magnetism, provided aiming is fixed)

Magnetism lessened

Aiming fixed

Shorter thrust distance

Smaller clamber window

Orion thrown back into the fiery abyss from whence it came

Shorter respawn time

Smart scope benefits for autos removed

Crouch benefits removed or lessened

Things I would like to change not related to mp gameplay:

Tweak allied ai

More custom options patched into the game

Theater capabilities increased

I'm on board with all of these and it really should be unanimous across the community even the casuals

I'm not trying to seem like a smartass here, but if people want a 4sk magnum (Due to it being higher skill gap, ect.) Why not just make most of the weapons harder to use and just swap the BR in as a primary weapon?  

Trying to picture how a non-babied (Magnetism) BR/DMR/Magnum/AR/Sniper would play live.

I want BR starts too, but at this point I'm fine with either.

This is a legitimate community regardless if the Devs think so or not. It's a legit community because of the staff and content creators and especially because of the members who make it a part of their day.

As far as the bolded goes I think you really miss out on what the role of this site could be. You make fun of people when they ask you to push certain competitive settings and that's weak shit.

This site (and THC before) is a fill in for the old MLG forums. When MLG abdicated their role as deciding what competitive settings worked best for Halo there was a vacuum created. To be in a position such as this in the competitive community and not advocate for the best settings is completely frustrating. Yes it comes across as ass-kissing. Seems like there's some reluctance to offend the Devs by going against their will.

You mention Orange and Unity and GoldPro - maybe there wouldn't have been so many disparate settings if the influential people on THC and Beyond had stepped in and said "This one, let's get together on this and push for some decent Halo settings."

Oh well, too late now - $1,000,000 tourney from the devs, they won't give a shit what any community members have to say when they put that kind of scratch on the line.

Beyond isn't here to determine or make settings.

I get your point about Beyond being in a position to "market" these to the correct people, but we arent here to serve as lobbyists for X Y & Z settings - we are here to create content and most importantly - provide a stable place for the community to grow (which I think we have done a FANTASTIC job of, considering we started this website in the middle of Halo 4.)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want BR starts too, but at this point I'm fine with either.

BR starts, No BR starts, I can take it or leave it. (^) Like you said, I was more talking about what would be easier on 343 and more possible? We'll need a Title update for the magnetism change regardless, right? I am not exactly sure on how much power the "New forge" is going to have in that department. 

i don't like the AR being powerful in halo for very much the same reason why i don't like the retro lancer being powerful in gears 3, too much influence for a weapon that doesn't require much accuracy or skill (comparatively), best way to change that is to make an automatic precision weapon, then randy mcgee can continue to use the AR and there can be a serious automatic weapon viable for competitive play, instead we just have the storm rifle and the smg, 2 slightly different weapons where accuracy is still not as major as it could be.

I'm on board with all of these and it really should be unanimous across the community even the casuals

I don't think casuals would be on board with making the pistol more powerful or nerfing the abilities, to be honest though as someone who actually likes the concept of abilities and thinks that even the half measures we got for this game still have some benefits, it even makes me sad that we need to still try to balance them, so I would understand the reluctance there.

I pounded many men and a few women to do it, but I finally mastered the Ground Pound commendation. (Alongside Spartan Charge) :3 Was insanely fun. XP

4SVzaMY.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

The pistol would already be perfect if they just made it a 4sk with a longer red reticle range. No need to touch any of the other weapons after that, except the BR needs a nerf and trash the SMG.

Out of all the possible combinations of nerfs and buffs of different guns, a 4sk pistol buff would be the easiest and best all around fix.

You potentially "nerf" the other weapons if you make the pistol a 4sk.

If the Magnum doesn't get a bigger clip size or a buff to a 4sk then we should be pushing for BR starts the magnum as it is currently isn't going to cut it and the AR needs a damage nerf badly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do people say this game is competitive out of the box because it actually is, or because this is the first Halo in 8 years where the guns shoot straight?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do people say this game is competitive out of the box because it actually is, or because this is the first Halo in 8 years where the guns shoot straight?

Little bit of both.

Just kind of got caught up with what happened at Iron Gaming with Fatal Ambition or whatever.... 

good lord man.

BR starts, No BR starts, I can take it or leave it. (^) Like you said, I was more talking about what would be easier on 343 and more possible? We'll need a Title update for the magnetism change regardless, right? I am not exactly sure on how much power the "New forge" is going to have in that department.

No TU needed. They added the ability to change weapon characteristics with gametypes in The 4, and they added it to Halo 5 from the beginning. Assuming the options are the same, all they'd have to do is tweak a value and swap the gametypes in MM.

Sorry @@iEclipseeee accidental neg on mobile.

Beyond Mobile repping requires extreme accuracy and focus.. or just really thin fingers. 

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Beyond Mobile repping requires extreme accuracy and focus.. or just really thin fingers. 

:weback:

Good thing I have a toe-thumb :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I always get the + rep on mobile. Yall need to get some better dexterity

They aren't forum 50s bro and are stuck at that staff captain status, cut em some slack.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Mag doesn't need a buff, it's fine the way it is, it can out-shoot a br if you're good, and that's the point. It's a great starting weapon. AR is fine too, if you can shoot a Mag or br, dmr, you can win.

Weapons seem pretty perfect to me, the balance is awesome, any weapon can be picked up and used in a certain situation. But you'll do better if you can shoot the Mag, BR, or DMR.

• Downvote (-1) 4