CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

L M F A O

My alt account is ranked higher than my main. 

Diamond/Champion vs Platinum 1. 

Wtf mate, I only play solo on my alt too. 

L M F A O

My alt account is ranked higher than my main.

Diamond/Champion vs Platinum 1.

Wtf mate, I only play solo on my alt too.

Youve told us this like 10 times.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Youve told us this like 10 times.

wut

I literally just got my first rank on my main not 5 minutes ago, hence the post

My Halo 5 wishlist is topped with a "Surrender" option. If someone in a game quits, give their teammates the option to "Surrender." The other team would still get a win but you wouldn't receive a loss or quit penalty. To avoid cheese, at least half of the other team would have to "accept" your surrender. By cheese I mean a to4 losing 45-12 and one person quits giving their teammates a freebie. Pls add 2 ur gaim @@Sal1ent

• Upvote (+1) 1

This next month will make or break Halo 5.

Weapon tuning, competitive settings, sprint, thruster, none of that matters right now.

The lack of maps, lack of playlists, lack of objective gametypes, no social playlists, delayed forge, delayed big team battle, doubles, and snipers, no recording in theater, horrible custom game options. All of that will have a far bigger impact on Halo 5 than the fine tuning most of us want to see first.

The "sustain" plan will kill Halo 5. By the time we see the fine tuning done, if we ever see it done, Halo 5 will be a shell of what it could have been population wise.

I would love to see the community get on 343 about Halo 5 being the least amount of content a Halo game has ever launched with than get on them for fine tuning things. It's unacceptable how they haven't even come close to launching a game on par with Halo 3/Reach content-wise.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Dont you get by now that the aiming is messed up in this game.

Sorry, did I state that the games aim was working perfectly just then? 

Oh, I didn't.

I asked him if it was the game (referring to said issue) or if he was just overcompensating in general. He has since replied and cleared it up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dont you get by now that the aiming is messed up in this game.

"It's not messed up, it's just that 343 went in a new direction and we should all just get used to it. Then, sure, go ahead, tin foil hat, sure, then."

Or some shit like that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"It's not messed up, it's just that 343 went in a new direction and we should all just get used to it. Then, sure, go ahead, tin foil hat, sure, then."

Or some shit like that. 

Your maturity is shining brightly, as ever.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We need to either get an AR nerf, or no AR secondary. The AR should be a last resort weapon not a easy cheese weapon -- I'm fine with map pickup's but not starting.

There are very few people's opinions I not only admire (even if I disagree), but seek out, regarding Halo, and Lemon is the near the top. I seriously lurk sometimes just to see if he adds anything to a discussion.

Not related, but I can't stand Breakout. I feel this is like when 343 tried to push Ricochet.

I am just curious what changes everyone thinks need to be made and in what priority. (To get back on topic) 

Is Magnetism the highest priority change we want?  I know a lot of people have things they like and don't like but as a unified body is there one issue we can look to fix first?

And once again 343 boggles my mind with this "weekend social playlist" thing. Wouldn't you make sure that gets added the first weekend possible after launch while hype is at its peak and people are still deciding on whether or not to buy the game?

I get that the game just launched and what not...but damn. After Halo 4 and MCC, I didn't expect them to miss huge opportunities to say "we are listening and we want to show you that we aren't who we used to be"

I don't know shit about technology and what it takes to add playlists, but stuff like that would be priority #1 if I was there.

Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of it...idk

Your maturity is shining brightly, as ever.

something something dank memes

Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of it...idk

I don't see the need for SWAT (in my opinion) while Breakout is around. Both seem to revolve around very similar principles but with no real depth for objective gametypes. Sloppy-copies, if you will.

Breakout is better than mixed-species SWAT (Spartans Vs. Elites) but not at the cost of having redundant options.

Is it safe to come out yet?

Anyway, can we please stop going for the personal attacks on other forum members? I mean for Christ sake, I don't agree with everything lemon posts, but I'd never call him An egomaniacal, asshole simply because of that reality. If anything, we should be grateful we have people like him to help push the envelope on how we look at the way halo is designed, even if we dont agree, we still get something out of the discourse.

Honestly when people call each other out, it just weakens us and our position by making us look like a bunch of whiny, irrational bitches.

If you see any personal attacks, please report them and it'll be dealt with.

Went from Champion 32 all the way back to Champion 132 because 343 insists that 4 randoms should play against a to4. Pretty frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I am just curious what changes everyone thinks need to be made and in what priority. (To get back on topic) 

Is Magnetism the highest priority change we want?  I know a lot of people have things they like and don't like but as a unified body is there one issue we can look to fix first?

If the aiming is as annoying as people claim it is, then much like Halo 3 that would be the absolute tip-top of the list for me. I can't play a game where the frustration starts with just moving around. 

Is Magnetism the highest priority change we want? I know a lot of people have things they like and don't like but as a unified body is there one issue we can look to fix first?

what I think should be done:

Magnum buff to 4 shot (or maybe 3 shot but with less aim assist and magnetism, provided aiming is fixed)

Magnetism lessened

Aiming fixed

Shorter thrust distance

Smaller clamber window

Orion thrown back into the fiery abyss from whence it came

Shorter respawn time

Smart scope benefits for autos removed

Crouch benefits removed or lessened

Radar removed from team arena

Ffa player count back down to six

Things I would like to change not related to mp gameplay:

Tweak allied ai

More custom options patched into the game

Theater capabilities increased

• Upvote (+1) 4

The more I play this game the less I agree with people here and the more I agree with waypoint derps lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lower mag across the board.

Faster Static Weapon spawns, along with 1 minute Static Powerups.

4SK Pistol, Nerfed AR.

Those are top 3 for me right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Went from Champion 32 all the way back to Champion 132 because 343 insists that 4 randoms should play against a to4. Pretty frustrating.

that's rough...

I debate the P's and Q's of Halo from a standpoint of many different things - pure sense of logic, the principle of utilitarianism, weighted priorities, assumptions about the target demographic which I believe to be true or false - but never with an attitude that I am foundationally above everyone else. 

2) Fuck you. Fuck. You. Fuck you straight up your fragile, suburban ass.

giphy.gif

I'm not trying to seem like a smartass here, but if people want a 4sk magnum (Due to it being higher skill gap, ect.) Why not just make most of the weapons harder to use and just swap the BR in as a primary weapon?  

Trying to picture how a non-babied (Magnetism) BR/DMR/Magnum/AR/Sniper would play live.

• Upvote (+1) 1