CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If we're going to touch on the AR again, maybe it could use a tweak or two. All games usually do need some tweaks, that's why even years into some games, sandbox rebalancing occurs because meta changes and players learn how to use weapons effectively. If it comes out that the AR is some unstoppable monster (which it really isn't in my opinion) then something will be done about it.

The AR is just very high damage for very low effort, that's my only issue. I play mostly FFA, and it's the go-to weapon in any close-ish range scenario at high onyx - low champion.

The definition of insanity should be changed to posting on online forums expecting one day Halo to ever be like CE again. You will literally never like another Halo again if you expect this.

Then this game isn't for you. It's as simple as that. No matter what 343 change or do with this franchise, you aren't going to be satisfied until it comes close to CE. All I ever see from you is quoting posts that say something bad about Halo, usually followed by "pathetic". 

As cheesy as it sounds, Halo has evolved and isn't like Halo CE, H2 or H3 any more. 343 know the direction they want to go and will continue to do so. If you want to give actual feedback for that direction, by all means do but posting "pathetic" or "I wanna play Halo" isn't going to do a thing.

If we're going to touch on the AR again, maybe it could use a tweak or two. All games usually do need some tweaks, that's why even years into some games, sandbox rebalancing occurs because meta changes and players learn how to use weapons effectively. If it comes out that the AR is some unstoppable monster (which it really isn't in my opinion) then something will be done about it.

Great points. 

Also, 343 couldn't make Halo a carbon copy of Halo CE even if they wanted to. They are trying to appeal to the masses; most current gen gamer's don't want something as watered down as CE. It was a great game, no doubt, but it wouldn't resonate with current gamers, especially those new to the Halo series. This is the Call of Duty age - people want glitz and glam, and frankly, i'm alright with that (as long as it works). 

• Downvote (-1) 2

The entire reason I started posting on this forum was because I though we were all on a common ground of wishing to see a classic style halo get created again. If that's so bad, I might as-well leave now.

I'm seriously going to get negged bad for saying this, but you guys kiss ass for people that don't respect you in the slightest. You all +Rep Frankie for talking shit to Lemon and ignoring serious questions all year, and ignore the fact that he talks shit about the forum. Then act all sad and surprised that you don't even get a media copy of h5, when no name streamers are getting it. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll remember y'all for H6...

Mods, please go ahead and delete my account. It's just pointless to be here at this point. I'm not mad or anything, but it's just a waste of everyones time.

Thanks,

The legend of Hootspa. Rip lil homie lemme go get a 40 for ya.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Some people on this site post in a manner as if they're vying for a job at 343 or a mod position there. The lack of objectivity....

• Upvote (+1) 6

The entire reason I started posting on this forum was because I though we were all on a common ground of wishing to see a classic style halo get created again. If that's so bad, I might as-well leave now.

I'm seriously going to get negged bad for saying this, but you guys kiss ass for people that don't respect you in the slightest. You all +Rep Frankie for talking shit to Lemon and ignoring serious questions all year, and ignore the fact that he talks shit about the forum. Then act all sad and surprised that you don't even get a media copy of h5, when no name streamers are getting it. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll remember y'all for H6...

Mods, please go ahead and delete my account. It's just pointless to be here at this point. I'm not mad or anything, but it's just a waste of everyones time.

Thanks,

H2A was the closest you will ever get to a core halo experience ever again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Thanks,

Mods can't delete accounts

Thanks,

I see your point. However this forum exists in a mini-vacuum to some extent. Sure, 343 communicates occasionally and makes false promises. At the end of the day though, they aren't looking to make a classic Halo game, and never were. The competitive scene (and this forum to an extent) are just a small piece in a much larger puzzle. If they granted every single wish in here in regards to what people want/expect from Halo, they'd be making a game for you guys, and not everyone. I get some of the discussions, such as aiming and what not apply to everyone, but most is just way to extreme. 

Mods can't delete accounts

I looked for a delete account button myself but didn't see it. Weird.

Is there no way to remove an account? lol

I looked for a delete account button myself but didn't see it. Weird.

Is there no way to remove an account? lol

You could just leave you know lol

Lates

I didn't like courage the cowardly dog anyways  :UncleDrew:

My posts were stupid regardless

You could just leave you know lol

Lates

Too much will-power. I feel much better about it when the entire account is gone. Just personal preference

You are alright in my book.

I just got finished negging you a bunch, but now I regret it. Even though we disagreed on many things, you are alright too, friend. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not one of the "halo scientists"...I just appreciate what they do without making fun of what they do like most of you on here do, including the staff...which is very pathetic. Regarding this new type of halo, we argued enough and got on/off switches for abilities. 343 once mentioned that if ppl want it enough we can get a no sprint playlist. So saying over and over we aren't fans of certain changes may do something...maybe some of these things don't have to continue being the future of halo games...but we sit there and say "this is now halo, accept it" then nothing gets changed.

I don't think I've ever made fun of them, not in recent times at least. The only reason I laugh at 'them' is when we are asked to push for these settings - this was really common during THC. Obviously it has died down a bit since then and we're less likely to see Gold Pro, Promod, Orange, Unity etc all being pushed at once but it was laughable at the time. 

As for the toggles, it's great we got them but I don't think it'll matter in the long run. Even if we get a playlist with no sprint, it'll be under populated just like all previous classic playlists have been and promptly removed. If the playlist was released and it was suddenly hugely populated and the population in other playlists started dying down, then I'd think differently.

Thanks,

I plus rep anyone from 343 who posts here for taking their time out to actually post here and talk to us. It doesn't matter if it's @@Frankie being his usual self (usually being a smartass), @@Sal1ent explaining game mechanics or talking to us about X or when @@Deez drops in and talks, I'm just thankful they see us as a legitimate community and are taking the time out to talk to us, even if it isn't what we want to hear. 

I don't see how us 'kissing ass' relates to us NOT getting media copies, if anything we would have got them for kissing ass so I guess we aren't doing a good job at that, I'll be sure to let the team know when need to plus rep more posts to get that issue alleviated for Halo 6.

I won't (in fact I can't) delete your account but if you don't feel like posting here any more, the log out button is easy to click. Just because I personally don't mind the direction Halo is headed doesn't mean the 10k+ users on this site suddenly don't care any more. If anything, Akademik proves he cares, I just think he does it in an odd way when he makes the "pathetic" posts. The times he does post legitimate feedback, it's great.

I don't think we've ever deleted an account because we have absolutely zero reason to.

I just got finished negging you a bunch, but now I regret it. Even though we disagreed on many things, you are alright too, friend.

Peace homes. Every beyond members a respectable individual except Batchford. Guys a lil shit who wants a Halo CE 1.5 :kappa:

H2A was the closest you will ever get to a core halo experience ever again.

Caitlin Jenner is the closest we will ever get to Marilyn Monroe again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No worries rep doesn't really mean anything. It's all good.

I just want to discuss fun thing about Halo 5. For instance, on Plaza you can shoot the red explosive barrel by Gold side once with a pistol shot from sniper side and wait for an enemy to go through the gold arch to gold ramp and the shoot the barrel. Instant kill every time. No one expects it.

Caitlin Jenner is the closest we will ever get to Marilyn Monroe again.

I uh... What?