CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Cursed Lemon, it seems to me that it's time you and your overinflated ego move on from this franchise.  Your points previously had relevance to the discussion, and now they are nothing but uninformed negativity.  Honestly I feel sorry for you, it must be extremely tiring for you to post here.  You clearly have nothing of substance to contribute.  You are on a Halo forum, discussing the newest Halo game, and you don't own the game.  343 don't give a shit whether you buy a new or used copy or don't buy the game at all.  You aren't their target audience.

It's clear you'll never be satisfied with the direction 343 have taken the franchise.  CE is never coming back.  Halo 5 is a really fun and competitive game but you will never see that.  

Do something good with your life and ability to argue instead of wasting it on trivial matters here.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Are Extermination medals still not a thing? I miss that medal so fucking much.

Unrelated, but I'm starting to dislike the AR part of Arena. I hope that when official settings are released from 343, and presumably a different playlist for such settings, it's purely Magnum starts. I no "Secondary Weapon: None" isn't an option in custom games (I think that's what I was told) but hopefully they work some developer fuckery and put that in. It felt wrong watching the event today and seeing known players engage in AR spray n prays. That and it's just a headache sometimes.

That said, this new radar is pointless. I'd rather them just remove it then the 18m. I feel like regular Halo kids are gonna use it as a crutch and get punished for thinking it shows anything except someone on top of you. Communication is so much more necessary than in Halo 3 or Reach.

Still enjoying the game though. Solo legendary campaign can blow me though. The AI when you get downed is so dumb.

@@Cursed Lemon, it seems to me that it's time you and your overinflated ego move on from this franchise.  Your points previously had relevance to the discussion, and now they are nothing but uninformed negativity.  Honestly I feel sorry for you, it must be extremely tiring for you to post here.  You clearly have nothing of substance to contribute.  You are on a Halo forum, discussing the newest Halo game, and you don't own the game.  343 don't give a shit whether you buy a new or used copy or don't buy the game at all.  You aren't their target audience.

It's clear you'll never be satisfied with the direction 343 have taken the franchise.  CE is never coming back.  Halo 5 is a really fun and competitive game but you will never see that.  

Do something good with your life and ability to argue instead of wasting it on trivial matters here.

Yeah seriously fuck that guy for having an opinion. Lets stop acting like H5 doesn't have problems. Yes, it has competitive value. Yes, it has a ranking system. That doest make it great. The game is still teamshot central and everyone is able to escape easily with thruster. The aim is fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No, you dolt.

Tell me why having a variety of weapons that do basically the same thing is good for gameplay.

Same reason why CS:GO has multiple rifles. Players enjoy the choice, and those that practice can exploit the individual differences of the weapons to their advantage.

For example, the Carbine has a much higher fire rate than the other precision weapons, making it more difficult to use. But to the skilled user, it's also one of the most forgiving weapons to miss shots with, and it's very effective for getting headshot finishers with.

Likewise, the Light Rifle is the most punishing to miss shots with, but its 3-shot potential makes it a very strong pickup for any player who can use it well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sick and tired of this "adapt" and "learn how to play" bullshit.

Yea cause i'n pretty sure I can run laps blindfolded around the same ppl spewing this nonsense in here....in any halo game. I don't need to adapt to cheap weapons that are clearly not balanced properly for certain game modes (arena). Halo 5 has issues...period. Issues that need to be addressed so the game can flourish properly. The AR is an overpowered piece of shit and I don't enjoy using it or getting mowed down by it because all you need is a good grip on your right trigger to get kills. Someone posted they saw one of the matches during todays event being mostly AR kills....is that how fucking low we want to go with competitive halo? this is shit we must "adapt" to? Automatics being a one of the main weapons you get kills with? Wow....what a skillful game we have here.

I don't care that Halo 5 is a new game in the franchise. I don't care that the game introduced new abilities and a larger sandbox than previous titles....this is still Halo, the game we all grew up with, the game that had set of core principles from one game to the next, but however 343 decided to flip those principles over and now it's "learn to adapt"...

nah....I wanna play Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not sure at this point if I don't like games because of all the faults or I only liked games before because I never picked out the faults.

Seriously lol I actually enjoyed halo 3 before I came here :kappa:

No but looking at games more analytically definitely spoils you.  Or makes you hate everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea cause i'n pretty sure I can run laps blindfolded around the same ppl spewing this nonsense in here....in any halo game. I don't need to adapt to cheap weapons that are clearly not balanced properly for certain game modes (arena). Halo 5 has issues...period. Issues that need to be addressed so the game can flourish properly. The AR is an overpowered piece of shit and I don't enjoy using it or getting mowed down by it because all you need is a good grip on your right trigger to get kills. Someone posted they say one of the matches during todays event being mostly AR kills....is that how fucking low we want to go with competitive halo? this is shit we must "adapt" to? Automatics being a one of the main weapons you get kills with? Wow....what a skillful game we have here.

I don't care that Halo 5 is a new game in the franchise. I don't care that the game introduced new abilities and a larger sandbox than previous titles....this is still Halo, the game we all grew up with, the game that had set of core principles from one game to the next, but however 343 decided to flip those principles over and now it's "learn to adapt"...

nah....I wanna play Halo.

I'd take you up on that in any Halo game. I'd have some good fun. You sound cocky as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

He argues on a forum sometimes, it's not like he's literally a empty shell of negativity. And besides that, it's not even like he's objectively wrong. 

pound sand bro

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Guys, weapon variety and easy automatics are here to stay. So much more money to be made like that nowadays.

I think the biggest and most likely change we can realistically push for is a 4 shot kill pistol and a weaker BR.

That alone would be huge, IMO.

I'd take you up on that in any Halo game. I'd have some good fun. You sound cocky as fuck.

Cocky nah? I just hate seeing stupid arguments like "adapt"...because the same kids screaming adapt are the same ones after a month or two saying "this game sucks". We all saw yall doing it during Reach and Halo 4. Get a new argument.

Guys, weapon variety and easy automatics are here to stay. So much more money to be made like that nowadays.

I think the biggest and most likely change we can realistically push for is a 4 shot kill pistol and a weaker BR.

That alone would be huge, IMO.

Don't even see the point of weakening the BR tbh. Either make the Pistol a 4sk or something that is more plausible, make the RRR for the Pistol increased to BR range. I'm fine with the vanilla game so far though

Cocky nah? I just hate seeing stupid arguments like "adapt"...because the same kids screaming adapt are the same ones after a month or two saying "this game sucks". We all saw yall doing it during Reach and Halo 4. Get a new argument.

I have never once said adapt. Go find a quote where I have said that. Good luck.

I've been around Halo and the competitive scene long enough to know what kind of Halo I like.

I have never once said adapt. Go find a quote where I have said that. Good luck.

The adapt comment wasn't directed to you....nor was my original post. Mind ya business.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've given more than enough feedback in here since I've started playing the game. So please don't tell me all I post is "this is pathetic". I've mentioned everything about the game but the spawn system (which i'm still learning). I've learned that 343 has made up their mind on what type of game they want to play so certain feedback from us is going to pointless, so i'll substitute those for "this is pathetic"...ha

Anyway...I don't want another H1/2/3...I want a game that doesn't try to capture an audience that didn't grow up playing halo 24/7. I want a great halo game, not a good shooter. It is possible to make a great halo game without it being a clone of h1/2/3. Just give these "halo scientists" as yall like to mock and call them a while to tweak this game to perfection (or close to it...no game is perfect).

Bold #1 - Unfortunately this is the vision that 343i has for "Halo" because their core audience actually decided to GET THE FUCK OUT of this game because Reach/H4  destroyed it's reputation.

Bold #2 - We all know they are that proud enough to not do that, it wont just happen and them(and 80% + of this forum) makes fun of them because they actually try to make the best possible iteration of this game( like they did in Reach and Halo 4 but everyone ignored because #devSupport)

Every-time I  read the word "adapt", one neuron inside my brain dies, its  sad.

The adapt comment wasn't directed to you....nor was my original post. Mind ya business.

You literally quoted me and then said "all saw y'all".

Who then were you talking about? Please help me because I'm confused.

I've given more than enough feedback in here since I've started playing the game. So please don;t tell me all I post is "this is pathetic". I've mentioned everything about the game but the spawn system (which i'm still learning).

Anyway...I don't want another H1/2/3...I want a game that doesn't try to capture an audience that didn't grow up playing halo 24/7. I want a great halo game, not a good shooter. It is possible to make a great halo game without it being a clone of h1/2/3. Just give these "halo scientists" as yall like to mock and call them a while to tweak this game to perfection (or close to it...no game is perfect).

Then keep giving them feedback and trying to make change. It doesn't fall on deaf ears. Every time I see you pop up, quote something and post "pathetic", I just laugh because you're literally the problem on why we have game mechanics that suck.

You and the 'halo scientists' can tweak the game to your liking, I encourage you to do so but if we end up seeing more stuff like Orange and Gold Pro which just flat out removes Sprint, Thruster, etc then it isn't going to make a difference. These abilities are in Halo now and the chances of them leaving is very little. I see Halo 5 as 343 finally getting themselves comfortable and laying the groundwork for the future titles.

Halo isn't going to be like H1, H2 or H3 again. This is literally what the game has evolved into and that's 343's goal. Halo 4 was just a mess but Halo 5 has a solid idea of what it is.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You literally quoted me and then said "all saw y'all".

Who then were you talking about? Please help me because I'm confused.

huh???

I quoted navg123's post bro..

Seriously lol I actually enjoyed halo 3 before I came here 

Literally same here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You and the 'halo scientists' can tweak the game to your liking, I encourage you to do so but if we end up seeing more stuff like Orange and Gold Pro which just flat out removes Sprint, Thruster, etc then it isn't going to make a difference. These abilities are in Halo now and the chances of them leaving is very little. I see Halo 5 as 343 finally getting themselves comfortable and laying the groundwork for the future titles.

Halo isn't going to be like H1, H2 or H3 again. This is literally what the game has evolved into and that's 343's goal. Halo 4 was just a mess but Halo 5 has a solid idea of what it is.

I'm not one of the "halo scientists"...I just appreciate what they do without making fun of what they do like most of you on here do, including the staff...which is very pathetic. Regarding this new type of halo, we argued enough and got on/off switches for abilities. 343 once mentioned that if ppl want it enough we can get a no sprint playlist. So saying over and over we aren't fans of certain changes may do something...maybe some of these things don't have to continue being the future of halo games...but we sit there and say "this is now halo, accept it" then nothing gets changed.

edit:

and let's keep it real...this evolution that is happening with halo isn't a natural thing based on the game and lore or whatever...it's all because 343 wants to keep up with the more popular fps franchises out there.

• Upvote (+1) 2