CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The most competitive shooter that is played a lot today (CSGO) has weapons way easier to use than the AR.

They kill faster. There are just as many angles to get caught from.

Stop making excuses.

Wrong.

In CS the best players know every corner to check as they clear the map. Because the game is played in rounds it's not like an opponent can just sprint to your spawn and clamber a random wall to sneak behind you. The players know the maps so well they can blind shoot through walls and get headshots because they know the exact amount of seconds it will take their opponents to reach certain areas.

The map design philosophy in a round based assymetric objective game cannot be compared to the map design philosophy of an arena shooter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People have been pushing for BR starts because typically every other weapon has sucked. This is probably the first Halo game where every weapon can effectively kill someone depending on the situation.

They were pushing for them in H4, and some people are pushing for them now. 

The point is that I don't think people care about one weapon "staleness" as much as you think. 

Sure then, adapt.

All I'm saying is, these complaints are easily avoidable and that's by adapting to the game Halo 5 is. It isn't as simple as watching a single door way now waiting for someone to push you, you need to remember clamber, thruster and sprint are all in the mix now.

Just like care packages were something to adapt to. You can't just push a position anymore thinking that all they have is pistols, now you have to anticipate that they got a rocket drop.

Holy shit, that was the answer all along. We just had to adapt!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The most competitive shooter that is played a lot today (CSGO) has weapons way easier to use than the AR.

They kill faster. There are just as many angles to get caught from.

Stop making excuses.

When the fuck has Halo played like CS????? COD also has guns that kill easier. Does this make it acceptable in Halo...an Arena shooter....which neither CSGO or COD is?

fuck is wrong with some of yall?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wrong.

In CS the best players know every corner to check as they clear the map. Because the game is played in rounds it's not like an opponent can just sprint to your spawn and clamber a random wall to sneak behind you. The players know the maps so well they can blind shoot through walls and get headshots because they know the exact amount of seconds it will take their opponents to reach certain areas.

The map design philosophy in a round based assymetric objective game cannot be compared to the map design philosophy of an arena shooter.

Wrong.

Pro CSGO players (who's skill level is higher relative to their game than any Halo player is relative to theirs) use game knowledge to get into favorable situations. They don't have to peak around corners and get shot at because they have communication to know where people either are or could be.

They are also incredible at shooting rifles.

If people are clambering around you and kill you without you noticing or hearing than you best learn to listen. Footsteps are loud as fuck in Halo 5 and clambering is just as loud or noticeable.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Lol no offense but if AR users are seriously a problem in your game you need to up your game and stop holding the game to a fault. And this complaint of a million angles to shoot from is so over the top. If I see a dude Clambering while I have my pistol/Rifle I at LEAST have two shots ahead of that guy. If he out plays me he out played me and I hold that L. If this is such a hard concept to understand and react to, why don't you guys actually communicate with your team and figure out WHERE the enemy is and plan accordingly? Figuring out where the opponent is helps you out a ton to know where they want to go, I cant name the amount of times I have told players on this forum while playing with them that I think an enemy is going to x position so plan accordingly and most of the time I'm right because I get good predictions. If you get the drop on opponents, Power weapon or not, you're most likely going to be fine unless you get outplayed/reversaled (which does happen a good amount in this game)

For example, Coliseum on Snipe has 2 entrances that are jumps (Only can be clambered) that are very east to hold onto if you have someone watching Red/Blue windows. The BR/Splinter nade areas are nade fests and easy flanks if you positioned correctly and Red/Blue snipe are areas with the only cover available Cave (a nade fest) and Oven (a decent cover spot but if you have eleveation you're alright) 

Apparently plaza has a lot of LoS but I have barely played that map to make judgment on it. So far my strat has been hold plaza sneaky, snipe and LR and condense the opponents to Garden/Cafe and it doesn't seem bad but eh idk

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wrong.

Wrong.

Pro CSGO players (who's skill level is higher relative to their game than any Halo player is relative to theirs) use game knowledge to get into favorable situations. They don't have to peak around corners and get shot at because they have communication to know where people either are or could be.

If people are clambering around you and kill you without you noticing or hearing than you best learn to listen. Footsteps are loud as fuck in Halo 5 and clambering is just as loud or noticeable.

Okay, both of you need to shut the fk up, because the noise you're making is completely ********. Take it to PM.

Just like care packages were something to adapt to. You can't just push a position anymore thinking that all they have is pistols, now you have to anticipate that they got a rocket drop.

Holy shit, that was the answer all along. We just had to adapt!

I don't know why you're comparing surroundings to power weapons. 

I'm telling you to know where people can come from and how fast they can get to you. You should be communicating with your team about weapons.

I'm not sure at this point if I don't like games because of all the faults or I only liked games before because I never picked out the faults.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wrong.

How the fuck can you call him wrong?

lmao..

They were pushing for them in H4, and some people are pushing for them now.

The point is that I don't think people care about one weapon "staleness" as much as you think.

You asked for a single reason why weapon variety is a good thing and I gave you one.

Also I see people praising H5 all over the Internet for making most weapons viable. People do care about weapon variety, up until now it's just something we've had to put up with because every other weapon has sucked.

You asked for a single reason why weapon variety is a good thing and I gave you one.

I was actually asking for a gameplay reason, not one about finicky tastes of people who need bright lights and flashing colors to stay interested in something.

Vintage "adapt". 

Like a fine wine aged for...three years. 

Actually... 5 years, let's not pretend this "adapt" thing didn't happened either back in 2015 for Reach.

I was actually asking for a gameplay reason, not one about finicky tastes of people who need bright lights and flashing colors to stay interested in something.

Using a different weapon doesn't affect the gameplay now?

Ah well, keep moving them goal posts.

Using a different weapon doesn't affect the gameplay now?

Ah well, keep moving them goal posts.

No, you dolt.

Tell me why having a variety of weapons that do basically the same thing is good for gameplay.

Did you guys think skyline was a good map? 

I want proof that 343/CA can make a decent map, does anyone have any?

Skyline, not really. Too much shit strewn about and just not very interesting/fun to play.

I mean Haven was a decent map. There's one. Certain Affinity made Highlands from the Reach DLC, which I enjoyed.

And despite the shit its getting I do like Plaza.

I'm not sure at this point if I don't like games because of all the faults or I only liked games before because I never picked out the faults.

Or just play actual good competitive games lol