CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I find it funny that nobody is complaining about the plasma rifle. Its hilariously powerful.

I can be no shields and switch to it and melt people. Pistol has no chancs against it at all in close range.

The Storm Rifle is incredibly hard to actually kill someone with, right? You need to be up close and not miss any shots, plus it overheats incredibly fast.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Vintage "adapt". 

Like a fine wine aged for...three years. 

If you want to think that, sure. If you're trying to play this game like it's not Halo 5, you're not going to succeed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Right, so it's bad game design. That doesn't mean you are suddenly safe to go anywhere you want and position yourself wherever. It's a new game with new shit, learn where that new shit is going to screw you over.

These maps have a million and one angles, corridors, ramps and ledges where players can approach you or hide behind with an AR....it's not about being safe and having good positioning....it's about 343 designing the game to give players the ability to succeed in getting kills way too easy. Look at Plaza for example, the map is AR central because it's corners and ledges everywhere....players basically sprint with the AR out or camp behind corners with it in order to get kills. I've not played one game on Plaza yet where I havent been disgusted by the amount of AR kills. The only map that i've played so far where the AR really isn't a factor is Truth....the map that is a reimagining of a classic halo map.

In an ideal arena FPS.

Let's be straight here guys, Halo has never been a pure arena shooter. It wasn't designed to be. It never will be. We'd prefer it have more arena-esque qualities to it though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you think that Halo 5's sandbox is as competitive as can be and there are no changes that can be made to increase it's competitive merit?

That's an entirely different argument that I'm not about to have. I could write a really really long paper about ways you could make any Halo more competitive.

Being realistic about it is the most important thing and something I almost never see grasped.

These maps have a million and one angles, corridors, ramps and ledges where players can approach you or hide behind with an AR....it's not about being safe and having good positioning....it's about 343 designing the game to give players the ability to succeed in getting kills way too easy. Look at Plaza for example, the map is AR central because it's corners and ledges everywhere....players basically sprint with the AR out or camp behind corners with it in order to get kills. I've not played one game on Plaza yet where I havent been disgusted by the amount of AR kills. The only map that i've played so far where the AR really isn't a factor is Truth....the map that is a reimagining of a classic halo map.

The most competitive shooter that is played a lot today (CSGO) has weapons way easier to use than the AR.

They kill faster. There are just as many angles to get caught from.

Stop making excuses.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Let's be straight here guys, Halo has never been a pure arena shooter. It wasn't designed to be. It never will be. We'd prefer it have more arena-esque qualities to it though.

Definitely agree, but I think people call it arena mostly because that's what everyone else calls it. ChaosTheory had a great explination about how H1 is somewhere in between Arena and squad Shooter. 

343 started calling h5 "arena" when they introduced the game to us at MCC release, and now we're all saying halo is "arena", but I think we all know it's not a pure arena game. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you want to think that, sure. If you're trying to play this game like it's not Halo 5, you're not going to succeed.

I'm thinking that because that's exactly what it is. 

SMG starts in Halo 2? It's a new game, adapt. 

Keep missing that last shot in H3 because the BR drops packets? It's a new game, adapt. 

Bloom fucking you over? It's a new game, adapt. 

Getting fucked over with bad ordinance drops in H4? It's a new game, adapt. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it incredibly hard to believe that every single place you go in every single multiplayer map has ledges, corridors, ramps and angles that allow you to be sneaked up upon by an AR user and then quickly kill you. 

I'm not denying Plaza is filled with that stuff but the amount of times I've been killed by an AR on that map because someone clambered onto a ledge from a ramp or sprinted at me from a corridor isn't particularly high.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The Storm Rifle is incredibly hard to actually kill someone with, right? You need to be up close and not miss any shots, plus it overheats incredibly fast.

Lol what

I get the overheating thing but ya, in close range its a monster. I dont find it hard to kill people with at all.

The most competitive shooter that is played a lot today (CSGO) has weapons way easier to use than the AR.

Stop making excuses.

KAJCag.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm a Time Warner customer and my experience hasn't been any better or worse than how online gaming usually goes for me.

Been having some issues.

Some entire games I'll just see everybody running into walls for minutes at a time.

Must be some of the dedicated severs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fact of the matter is this:

2) People are all fucked up on having weapon variety in H5, when they actually can't provide a single reason as to why weapon variety is a good thing.

Because using 1 weapon 95% of the time gets rather stale.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Have you used the storm rifle?

It's a guaranteed kill up close.

I'm thinking that because that's exactly what it is. 

SMG starts in Halo 2? It's a new game, adapt. 

Keep missing that last shot in H3 because the BR drops packets? It's a new game, adapt. 

Bloom fucking you over? It's a new game, adapt. 

Getting fucked over with bad ordinance drops in H4? It's a new game, adapt. 

Sure then, adapt.

All I'm saying is, these complaints are easily avoidable and that's by adapting to the game Halo 5 is. It isn't as simple as watching a single door way now waiting for someone to push you, you need to remember clamber, thruster and sprint are all in the mix now.

This isn't a competitive only focused community though.

I must have been mistaken.

I do not consider myself a competitive Halo player anymore personally. I'm too old to care and the time I get to play I'd rather just have fun.

I felt like I made solid points in my post and I can't believe that was the first response I got.

That's not the point. I'm not saying Halo is or ever will be an ideal arena FPS and none of us ever fought for that, but we've always fought for the closest to that.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have you used the storm rifle?

It's a guaranteed kill up close.

Poor wording on my part. I'm meaning you need to be up close and personal with someone, otherwise it'll be a difficult kill to achieve. You're not going to be killing someone if you're standing top mid on Truth and they're at top red or top blue.

Because using 1 weapon 95% of the time gets rather stale.

Which is why people have been religiously pushing for BR starts in all Halo games since forever, right? 

They must really hate that utility-weapon-thing. 

It completely melts everyone lol. I've gotten so many double kills in 1v2 situations in warzone it's not even funny. Much stronger than the AR, just has the range that the AR should have, imo. It also has a slight tracking mechanism.

Which is why people have been religiously pushing for BR starts in all Halo games since forever, right? 

Do you even have the game? 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Stop making excuses.

There's no weapon, not even Pro90, that's as easy to use as AR, nor are there nearly as many angles in GO as in H5.

Stop trolling.

Anyway, what Moa said.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that every single place you go in every single multiplayer map has ledges, corridors, ramps and angles that allow you to be sneaked up upon by an AR user and then quickly kill you. 

I'm not denying Plaza is filled with that stuff but the amount of times I've been killed by an AR on that map because someone clambered onto a ledge from a ramp or sprinted at me from a corridor isn't particularly high.

People have been pushing for BR starts because typically every other weapon has sucked. This is probably the first Halo game where every weapon can effectively kill someone depending on the situation.

• Upvote (+1) 2