CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Switching from a 40 inch TV to a 23 inch TV made a world of difference.

Placed Champion on my alt account in Slayer. 

Maybe I should make it my main -_-

So I've been dominating warzone matches today with the raze DMR. Granted almost all the people I play against are nugget men.

What's a Raze DMR

So I've been dominating warzone matches today with the raze DMR. Granted almost all the people I play against are nugget men.

Damn I've been trying to get a DMR this whole time you're so lucky. That thing wrecks in Warzone. I only have the BR with a DMR scope.

This whole discussion is shocking to me. The AR is a spray weapon. In an ideal arena FPS, they don't exists. So when people are asking for the most powerful iteration of the AR in the series to be toned down, support against this in a competitive Halo forum doesn't make sense. Whether you think the H5 AR is balanced or not, the weaker it is, the more beneficial it will always be for competitive play.

Fact of the matter is this:

1) If I say "IT'S. A. SPRAY. WEAPON." and that automatically doesn't clue someone in immediately to why it's bad that a weapon like that is as useful as an actual utility weapon with precision shots, then there's simply no way to have a real discussion on the issue. 

2) People are all fucked up on having weapon variety in H5, when they actually can't provide a single reason as to why weapon variety is a good thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nobody complained about the AR this much when it was pretty darn strong in H4.

What's a Raze DMR

DMR variant that disintegrates people when you kill them and is either really easy to aim or has stupid magnetism. Have to wait till level 7 to use it though.

I'd love to see an FFA playlist and not this "Rumble Pit" slop we get every Halo.

FFA is meant to emphasize shooting skill, positioning, and timing. The current maps and map setups are just the same "who can get into a power position (usually through a lucky spawn), and rack up the most kills with shotgun/BR/DMR etc.

Safe to say, I really hate power weapons save for maybe a single rail gun on the map. Whatever, it's not like we'll ever get that playlist.

If anyone's been running FFA customs lately, add me.

This whole discussion is shocking to me. The AR is a spray weapon. In an ideal arena FPS, they don't exists. So when people are asking for the most powerful iteration of the AR in the series to be toned down, support against this in a competitive Halo forum doesn't make sense. Whether you think the H5 AR is balanced or not, the weaker it is, the more beneficial it will always be for competitive play.

This isn't a competitive only focused community though. Just a lot of Halo fans with different tastes. At some point or another I'm sure most of us enjoyed the competitive scene but I do not consider myself a competitive Halo player anymore personally. I'm too old to care and the time I get to play I'd rather just have fun.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fact of the matter is this:

1) If I say "IT'S. A. SPRAY. WEAPON." and that automatically doesn't clue someone in immediately to why it's bad that a weapon like that is as useful as an actual utility weapon with precision shots, then there's simply no way to have a real discussion on the issue. 

2) People are all fucked up on having weapon variety in H5, when they actually can't provide a single reason as to why weapon variety is a good thing. 

Why do you have VIP anyways? You got a position of power on some other Halo site or something? (not even being cheeky)

If you put yourself in a situation were two AR users can melt you, that's bad positioning on your end.

When those two AR users can sprint and clamber to get to you from every almost every direction....that's not bad positioning...that's bad game design.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This isn't a competitive only focused community though. Just a lot of Halo fans with different tastes. At some point or another I'm sure most of us enjoyed the competitive scene but I do not consider myself a competitive Halo player anymore personally. I'm too old to care and the time I get to play I'd rather just have fun.

Then why do you even care in the slightest about the weapon balance? 

Could it be that Halo, or even FPS in general, are competitive ventures by their very nature 

Why do you have VIP anyways? You got a position of power on some other Halo site or something? (not even being cheeky)

It's literally because I'm a loudmouth. No other reason. I didn't ask for it, of course. 

He was a Halo CE kid. One of the only ones that's been around this whole time and has a big mouth. You do the math.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Whoever told me Time Warner customers are having connectivity issues with Halo 5 isn't lying. Unbearable lag every other game and disconnects everywhere. I have an Asus AC68U with Merlin firmware and pull Open NAT in NXE network settings and Destiny and my other games work perfectly

It's sad because I like Halo 5 but don't have time for TWC and 343/MS to play blame game with each other when Black Ops 3 drops Tuesday and likely will work online without issue

When those two AR users can sprint and clamber to get to you from every almost every direction....that's not bad positioning...that's bad game design.

Right, so it's bad game design. That doesn't mean you are suddenly safe to go anywhere you want and position yourself wherever. It's a new game with new shit, learn where that new shit is going to screw you over.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then why do you even care in the slightest about the weapon balance?

Could it be that Halo, or even FPS in general, are competitive ventures by their very nature

I care very much about imbalanced weapons in a game (and series) I play much much more than you do or ever have.

Weapons aren't imbalanced. Impractical for a competitive scene is a different story but even then I feel they are fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I care very much about imbalanced weapons in a game (and series) I play much much more than you do or ever have.

Weapons aren't imbalanced. Impractical for a competitive scene is a different story but even then I feel they are fine.

So you think that Halo 5's sandbox is as competitive as can be and there are no changes that can be made to increase it's competitive merit?

Yeah, maybe because the only time weapons in Halo have been truly unbalanced was default Halo 2. That doesn't mean the other games' settings were good

In other news watching the finals (or whatever this is) and the sniper hitbox is slaying my life

@below - yeah its crazy OP imo. I ran around team shooting with two of them just laughing at the people we were playing against. They probably weren't the best/having a good game but they died so fast that even when I did something dumb I killed them anyways as long as it was close/medium range.

I find it funny that nobody is complaining about the plasma rifle. Its hilariously powerful.

I can be no shields and switch to it and melt people. Pistol has no chancs against it at all in close range.

Right, so it's bad game design. That doesn't mean you are suddenly safe to go anywhere you want and position yourself wherever. It's a new game with new shit, learn where that new shit is going to screw you over.

Vintage "adapt". 

Like a fine wine aged for...three years. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1