CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is there anyone who prefers the 4 to this? I still haven't played...surely its much better than the 4?

Well my honeymoon for halo 4 lasted one night then I was pissed off and hated it. Halo 5 I'm still on it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fuck a god damn weapon sandbox man. Give me a 4sk pistol and just power weapons on the map.

I miss BR vs BR. No one had an advantage because they happened to have a better gun equipped.

Gun vs. the same gun was the biggest part of Halo to me. Even playing field no matter what, skill always won.

I hate this "oh I'm going in close range, gotta pull out my close range gun or else I'm toast" crap.

I'm not trying to sound like a downer and make fun of people who like to use different guns and stuff, but damn do I hate this military style strategic planning of what guns you need to have out at what range.

Does it not piss you off getting killed by someone who you KNOW is worse than you and they only won because they had a better gun out?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well my honeymoon for halo 4 lasted one night then I was pissed off and hated it. Halo 5 I'm still on it.

Ok, that's a good sign. I just want to feel that addictiveness again that I used to have with the series.

Does it not piss you off getting killed by someone who you KNOW is worse than you and they only won because they had a better gun out?

Skill and intelligence measured by situational preparedness are both necessary to be a good player.

True enough, the gun with the highest skill gap should have the best potential to kill assuming a certain level of skill on the user's part, but other weapons exist to promote shooting in a different manner in order to take advantage of environmental scenarios. That doesn't mean that other guns should be easy to use, just better able to handle certain circumstances.

• Upvote (+1) 4

For the record - this game does not try to match you with randoms if you search alone. I've been searching with a to4 for 20ish games and ive received 4 messages from people saying "wow to4" or "thats fair that I get matched against a team" etc.

Each of my teams games are won 50-10, 50-20 etc. and you can tell that they are randoms. This is not fun at all. Inversely, when I don't have my team mates on I constantly play against to4 when I search alone just like in MCC.

I seriously don't understand how they could have clearly seen this problem in their last two Halo games and then did nothing to fix the problem going forward. This needs to be addressed @@Sal1ent . For real. I think we're all sick of it.

I don't want to hear about "priorities" or "weighted" for to4 vs to4, I want to hear that MM is handled like H3 where it is literally impossible to play a to4. It needs to stop or your "sensible sustain" with mean nothing. Going through all kinds of (questionable) methods to keep players playing Halo 5 post launch means nothing if a person can't simply load up your game and search MM without getting stomped by to4.

On the whole E-sports angle 343 are coming from - how do you expect anyone to get into a competitive scene when this simple, essential MM rule is not in place? It would be like trying to get people into a football game where a solidified, long running team played against a team of pick-up randoms. Who would enjoy that?

Lol.

Very well, then what would you say should be done for TTKs across the board? Up the rate of fire for precision weapons, while also making the pistol 4 shot?

I'd make a few significant changes.

1. Bump up the Magnum's TTK to 1.0 by increasing its fire rate. This plays up its original intention as a skill weapon, instead of just being a weaker DMR.

2. Increase the Magnum's magazine size to 15, but increase the DMR's to 20. This alleviates the Magnum's magazine issues while helping differentiate the two weapons. With its longer range, higher zoom, and larger number of rounds, the DMR can serve as a support weapon, used for things like covering areas, descoping snipers, etc. Although it kills slower than the Magnum, these advantages would keep it as a viable map pickup.

3. Decrease thrust's animation duration from 24 frames (0.4 seconds) to 15 frames (0.25 seconds) to accommodate the Magnum's fire rate increase. That way, if a player thrusts immediately after firing his Magnum, he can fire again when the animation ends without increasing the weapon's TTK.

4. Keep the BR's kill time the same, but allow its burst to continue firing while thrusting instead of canceling prematurely. When used correctly, this would allow players to "sweep" bullets. This change would push its identity as a "kiting" weapon meant to work in conjunction with thrust to counter CQC weapons like the Shotgun and the Storm Rifle.

• Upvote (+1) 2

HoneyMoon phase is done in this forums I guess 

lmao at the raging, Assassins Creed comparisons are outstanding

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd make a few significant changes.

1. Bump up the Magnum's TTK to 1.0 by increasing its fire rate. This plays up its original intention as a skill weapon, instead of just being a weaker DMR.

2. Increase the Magnum's magazine size to 15, but increase the DMR's to 20. This alleviates the Magnum's magazine issues while helping differentiate the two weapons. With its longer range, higher zoom, and larger number of rounds, the DMR can serve as a support weapon, used for things like covering areas, descoping snipers, etc. Although it kills slower than the Magnum, these advantages would keep it as a viable map pickup.

3. Decrease thrust's animation duration from 24 frames (0.4 seconds) to 15 frames (0.25 seconds) to accommodate the Magnum's fire rate increase. That way, if a player thrusts immediately after firing his Magnum, he can fire again when the animation ends without increasing the weapon's TTK.

4. Keep the BR's kill time the same, but allow its burst to continue firing while thrusting instead of canceling prematurely. When used correctly, this would allow players to "sweep" bullets. This change would push its identity as a "kiting" weapon meant to work in conjunction with thrust to counter CQC weapons like the Shotgun and the Storm Rifle.

I think the Magnum should just be made a 4-shot if it were to get any sort of a buff. Then it is able to get 3 kills per mag, on par with the BR and DMR, has a faster kill than the DMR, but is more difficult to use to balance out its faster killtime.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ranked Gold in Team Arena. Pretty :salt:  right now.

I kept lagging out of probably 8/10 placement matches.. got placed in Gold :(

Somehow got placed in Onyx FFA, granted I was actually winning haha.

^^^Magnum really should be 4 shot. So many of the glaring issues with this game would be fixed just with that simple change. It'll make it harder for people to use thrust and sprint to escape and it'll help balance out the automatics.

Game could really be incredible with just a few really small tweaks to gameplay and matchmaking but these changes need to come fast. The whole community is on a short fuse post MCC and with Fallout 4, Blops 3 and Battlefront 3 right around the corner we need a patch ASAP if we want to survive.

• Upvote (+1) 3

^^^Magnum really should be 4 shot. So many of the glaring issues with this game would be fixed just with that simple change. It'll make it harder for people to use thrust and sprint to escape and it'll help balance out the automatics.

Game could really be incredible with just a few really small tweaks to gameplay and matchmaking but these changes need to come fast. The whole community is on a short fuse post MCC and with Fallout 4, Blops 3 and Battlefront 3 right around the corner we need a patch ASAP if we want to survive.

I'm mostly fine with the Magnum how it is, but a buff would always be appreciated and I won't say no to a faster killtime.

I kept lagging out of probably 8/10 placement matches.. got placed in Gold :(

Somehow got placed in Onyx FFA, granted I was actually winning haha.

Shit you can get Onyx directly from the placement matches?! I was so proud when I got Diamond because I thought that you'd get to Onyx from there.

Dafaq! I thought it was bad enough in H4 when they made multi-kills 4.5 seconds. In H5 it's 5....really losing the rewarding feeling for multi-kills, doesn't help that the medal feed is really slow too, I think the medals should overlap when you get more like they did in the older games.

so about the magnetism, I've been messing around in custom games a bit on friday, are we sure the pistol has less magnetism then DMR/BR?

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DARTH%20CEDIOUS/video/12496991

plus, this...it's not like I really worked for that double kill, AR is just to damn easy..

People just started acting like the pistol inherently has low magnetism when the only significant difference is the RRR. Your video shows that, and it's really not hard to notice that the pistol is a low range DMR when you use both of the guns a lot.

At some point people just started hopping on the bandwagon and now everything else lets you "aim like a pro" and the pistol is "incredibly hard to use".

So it looks like 343 may actually look into the aiming after all since Bravo has acknowledged it on Reddit.

It's EXTREMELY important we articulate the actual issues with the aiming properly if we want it fixed.

I have a feeling if they do it they won't be adjusting it again. It's likely we have one shot at this.

I'll have a more detailed post soon but right now I'm posting beyond the Great Firewall so that will have to wait until next week.

What are the actual issues?

There are 2 that I know of, but it's possible there are more.

1: aim acceleration kicks in too fast and too hard. DO NOT request an option to turn aim acceleration off (slider with multiple settings would be OK though)

Despite what many posters have said, all previous games have had a degree of aim acceleration. Aim acceleration is required for a joystick if you want to use a low sens but still retain the ability to turn quickly.

In Halo 3 it was very bad and Halo 5 seems quite similar. In Halo 1 the aim acceleration is very gradual. In Halo 5 it seems to kick in even when making small adjustments and it also accelerates far too heavily.

2. Aiming diagonally is screwed because the aim acceleration switches off mid aim if you make a slight adjustment up or down since the aim acceleration seems to take horizontal movement as priority.

There is also possible input lag that is noticeable. Possible VSync or higher buffered VSync than previous games.

For those unaware VSync is a trick used to lock a games framerate to make the picture appear smoother and prevent visual tearing at the cost of response time since frames are buffered before appearing on screen.

Another possibility someone may want to test for me since I can't test myself right now is if aim acceleration kicks in when the stick isn't pushed 100% horizontally.

People saying "we want an option to remove aim acceleration" are just shooting themselves in the foot unless they plan on playing with a mouse and keyboard.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But with 4 shot wouldn't magnum kill faster than br and dmr? Now with 5 shot it has pretty much the same kill time than br and dmr? So with your change it would be useless to pick up dmr or br.

How does everyone feel about the respawn time being 8 seconds in Slayer and OBJ gametypes? I personally think it was a needless change and obj definitely needs to be back to 10 seconds because of sprint.