CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

No social playlists, no matchmaking restrictions, teams of 4 match me when I play solo.

Something so simple ruining the game for a lot of people.

• Upvote (+1) 4

LoL has one of if not the best Ranking systems ever created. Halo should be striving for that level.

That is exactly what we thought we had. NOPE! LOL

edit: I just wrote damn near an essay to jawshe's post which I strongly agreed with about the matchmaking being trash...and the site just refused to let it post...sigh....so many words...

it kills my enjoyment. We have maps like The Rig and Plaza in fucking Arena. It's damn near disrespectful as a fan of halo since 2001 that has seen what arena halo looks and plays like.

Exactly. Yet people keep trying to say Plaza is this great map and that Halo 5 maps are "fine". Lol IMO they are utter shit. If Epitaph was in this game it would be a top 5 map. That's how bad these things are.

I was referring to the "max party size of 2" comment. Thats just ludicrous. Thats like saying "Sorry about your HIV, heres some cancer to kill you off before it turns into AIDS"

Clicked makes a good point with the max party of 2. It makes things more social, and means that getting roflstomped by a team of 4 is never a possibility.

Not sure how it would work in Halo, but it's worth experimenting with. Of course, trolling etc can become an issue as it is in LoL, but I personally think it would be better as well.

Then again, you can text chat in LoL. It would be an issue getting the other 2 people to communicate. I just don't want to get matched against TO4's when I am not in a TO4. That would be nice.

Exactly. Yet people keep trying to say Plaza is this great map and that Halo 5 maps are "fine". Lol IMO they are utter shit. If Epitaph was in this game it would be a top 5 map. That's how bad these things are.

Easy there cowboy.

I'd take a .22 magnum to the forehead over another Epitaph.

Take Epitaph...add more corridors and corners....give it a UNSC aesthetic....we have the majority of maps in Team Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It makes things more social, and means that getting roflstomped by a team of 4 is never a possibility.

Dying of AIDS when you're the victim of cancer is also never a possibility.

Halo 3 had the best solution, hands down. You may hate the game for its gameplay, but you cannot deny that system. I think tht is a lot better than preventing me from playing with 3 of my friends and forcing me to play customs.

re. maps - I do believe H5 needs more simplified maps. Truth is great in this regard. We also need a "two base each with their own sniper" ala Pit, Narrows or Sanc. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Serious question When do you think we will finally get another Halo game out the box where we don't have to complain about so much shit not working properly, poorly designed or simply missing from the game? I am borderline sick and tired of this shit now. This is my fav. gaming franchise of all time. This is just sad.

• Upvote (+1) 9

One thing that I actually sorely miss now that I think of it is the Promo matches you had to play when you wanted to level up. It was in the Beta, but not in the final game.

Why where they removed @@Sal1ent? Could you give any insight?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Easy there cowboy.

I'd take a .22 magnum to the forehead over another Epitaph.

Well looking at the maps we have in Halo 5 I think Epitaph is better than most. These maps just feel like CoD in the sense that it's not really about controlling anything it's just about going wherever. Power positions? Not really. But even if there was you can clamber on everything and make it there like it's nothing. And the maps have the worst lines if sight I have ever played on. It just doesn't feel right. I mean Orion is in more playlist than Truth like wtf.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

One thing that I actually sorely miss now that I think of it is the Promo matches you had to play when you wanted to level up. It was in the Beta, but not in the final game.

Why where they removed @@Sal1ent? Could you give any insight?

I enjoyed when I would reach my next rank in the beta. Now it's play and check to see if you will rank up after your previous match. Things like these should exist in the retail game....but it makes too much sense...smh

Take Epitaph...add more corridors and corners....give it a UNSC aesthetic....we have the majority of maps in Team Arena.

Exactly. And with Halo 5's sandbox? Good God.

Dying of AIDS when you're the victim of cancer is also never a possibility.

Halo 3 had the best solution, hands down. You may hate the game for its gameplay, but you cannot deny that system.

I would prefer for 343 to make a system like LoL than to go back to H3's way. I feel that going up in Divisions (done correctly) is the most rewarding feeling.

I would prefer for 343 to make a system like LoL than to go back to H3's way. I feel that going up in Divisions (done correctly) is the most rewarding feeling.

Most definitely. This system on paper is lightyears better than H3's rank system (no two 50's are alike)...however, this is on paper...the version we have is a different story..

The fact that you can clamber every fucking railing/ledge and hop around the maps like Ezio Auditore makes the maps play chaotic as fuck. Imagine being able to clamber up to OS on Pris. lmao

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is throwing a crouch into your strafe good for Halo 5? I had pretty nice reversals with throwing them in. 

Crouching is H1 good. It's just that in it's range where it is supposed to be effective, you're probably gonna get AR'd.

I miss the utility weapon Halo days. Sucks too because pistol duels are some of the most fun battles I've had since Halo 3 (when people don't thrust away when thy are losing). The pistol has so much potential but it is completely outclassed as of now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm talking about how it handled the whole to4 conundrum. 

I agree, divisions are GOAT.

Although if it were up to me, I would have it so the maximum you could be placed after your first 10 games be Gold. You'd need to work your way up and do some grinding like in LoL. I also wish it took longer to go up, and that you could be deranked. I'm sick of seeing complete idiots in Onyx just because they got placed there and now can't rank down.

Halo 3 had the best solution, hands down. You may hate the game for its gameplay, but you cannot deny that system.

no.

Having a 50 in Halo 3 meant nothing. Pros had 50s in MLG. So did I. Does that mean I'm as good as them? Of course not. Halo 5 is way more accurate, but could be better.

I'm talking about how it handled the whole to4 conundrum. 

Oh, well yeah, the current system is fucking awful for that. Needs to be fixed, couldn't care whatever solution they use. Just fix it.

The fact that you can clamber every fucking railing/ledge and hop around the maps like Ezio Auditore makes the maps play chaotic as fuck. Imagine being able to clamber up to OS on Pris. lmao

Don't make jokes like that bro...that's fucking scary. Goodbye to map control and power positions aka halo 5. There is literally no where on any map in this game you can't get to without clambering....why even leave your base to gain control of what you deem to be a power position if player C from red team can simply spawn and clamber on two different ledges to stand right next to you?

When you reallly....reaaaally look at the mechanics in this game and the map design.....this shit makes no fucking sense from a competitive standpoint.

edit: The Ezio comment got me dying inside....

AC2_Climb1.jpg.jpg

then

acbrother_b08_038.jpg

This is halo 5....

• Upvote (+1) 8

I have to say, I'm so glad to get humbled with this ranking system. I haven't competed in a long ass time seriously, and constantly playing teams of 4 champions is slowly but surely weeding out that pubstomp mentality and taking me back to the H2 of 40 high hardcore.

That being said. With all due respect to everyone I play, fuck this stupid ass sniper. I swear to god at Champion level, everyone who gets this thing, including myself, turns into Halo Reach Formal. Absolutely ridiculous how much auto aim is on this thing. @@GH057ayame, please for the love of god spread some feedback and tune this damn thing down.

Don't make jokes like that bro...that's fucking scary. Goodbye to map control and power positions aka halo 5. There is literally no where on any map in this game you can't get to without clambering....why even leave your base to gain control of what you deem to be a power position if player C from red team can simply spawn and clamber on two different ledges to stand right next to you?

When you reallly....reaaaally look at the mechanics in this game and the map design.....this shit makes no fucking sense from a competitive standpoint.

edit: The Ezio comment got me dying inside....

AC2_Climb1.jpg.jpg

then

acbrother_b08_038.jpg

This is halo 5....

"Instead of using a jetpack how about you could just climb around the map?"

55165395.jpg

If all the unhappy people left every time a new Halo came out there wouldn't be a community left by now.

What if all the "toxic members" left after Halo 4 instead of complaining? You would be calling down personal ordinance drops today.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, YOU SAID SOMETHING THAT I AGREE WITH!1!1?!

But to add to the: "Biggest issue in this game." discussion. I'm going to have to say that it's the weapon sandbox. 

- Automatics are way too powerful: 

Tell me of any other halo game where you could run around in an 8 Spartan FFA using nothing but automatics and win. That's not Halo.

- The pistol, our utility weapon, needs a buff. It's the hardest precision weapon in the sandbox to use, which is fine. Although it should award people that stick with it. In CE it was a good idea to keep your magnum, a good idea to keep your BR in 2 & 3, a good idea to keep your DMR in Reach, etc. It however isn't good practice, or apart of the current meta to keep your pistol off spawn. The difficulty of use doesn't counter balance it's effectiveness. It needs to be a 4SK. Players who stick with the pistol and master it should be rewarded with devastating slaying power. Due to how agile these Spartans are, this game needs it.

Which brings me to my next point.

- TTKS

I'd say that other than buffing the pistol, what would be most appropriate for Halo 5 is button glitches that make our Spartans more lethal. 

This game needs dubshot, quadshots, BXRing, BXBing, and the grenade throw glitches that were present at launch during Halo 4. Not only would this widen the skill gap, it would counter balance how agile these Spartans are.

Also, fuck Orion.

Edit: I suck at gramRAWR

• Upvote (+1) 6