CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Sal1ent

Another loss due to Legendary boss kill RNG in Warzone. Bosses need change, ASAP.

Edited my post ^ 

Realize how dumb it sounded, lmao

It still isn't RNG. It's bullshit, but there's no random number generator going on when someone gets the last shot on a Legendary boss kill.

Actually really liking breakout now. Reminds me of Halo 1.

I have fun with it too, you need to play on different maps every time though, or else bleach will start to sound like a delicious beverage.

It still isn't RNG. It's bullshit, but there's no random number generator going on when someone stills a Legendary boss kill.

Jesus dude, semantics. 

You know what the fuck I mean. It's a dumb system. "RNG" or not, I just mean some dumb-luck mechanic. 

Actually really liking breakout now. Reminds me of Halo 1.

Breakout could be decent if the maps weren't so linear, but the concept of bringing an entire round back on your own goes out the window because you always get pushed on from different lanes and it's impossible to ever escape or fight multiple opponents at once.

It could have been a lot better with default shields, and regular maps with no power weapons on them. Hell, why not even build upon the REQ system from Warzone and make like CS so people can start rounds with a BR or DMR after a while, but with limited usage? As a matter of fact, why not give the last person alive super shield recharge to be able to counter multiple opponents in quick succession? Like 1 or 2 second delay at most before shields come back up instead of whatever it is at this time.

Right now, it's just boring and has far too much linear aggression to me, just because of how lane-based the maps are. Then there's always the thought that if I push up too far or not far enough that I might die to a random crossmap grenade...

Jesus dude, semantics. 

You know what the fuck I mean. It's a dumb system. "RNG" or not, I just mean some dumb-luck mechanic.

Lol that's not semantics, now if you said it was "unfair" and I disagreed and said it was actually "bullshit", then yeah, that's semantics. I agree with you that isn't a good system, but I was asking why you think RNG was taking place is all. But hey, at least I didn't ask "Have you even played 100 Warzone matches yet?" :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why do people still think Breakout would be better with full shields? All that will do is make being down a man or 2 a guaranteed loss. It needs lower shields to play even remotely well. If you don't believe me load up a custom with 7 friends and change the health to regular. Enjoy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol that's not semantics, now if you said it was "unfair" and I disagreed and said it was actually "bullshit", then yeah, that's semantics. I agree with you that isn't a good system, but I was asking why you think RNG was taking place is all. But hey, at least I didn't ask "Have you even played 100 Warzone matches yet?" :kappa:

It's semantics. You KNEW what I meant, just wanted to be stubborn ;)

The boss mechanics in Warzone are bad. Josh took a look at my large feedback post I made earlier. Hopefully he takes it into consideration. 

So I got banned. Haven't ever quit a game without at least one other person quitting first, I wish that could be recognized. Anyway, the lack of content makes this game pretty boring already.

How are bosses a RNG?

Because the enemy can get one shot in on the end and get full credit when the other team did 99% of the work.

It's semantics. You KNEW what I meant, just wanted to be stubborn ;)

The boss mechanics in Warzone are bad. Josh took a look at my large feedback post I made earlier. Hopefully he takes it into consideration. 

They are not gonna change it. Warzone is inspired by LoL which has the exact same mechanic, last shot gets the full score. Is it bullshit? of course, but Warzone is about as competitive as Action Sack so who really cares.

Not true

True

Aight I'll make sure if I want to ever play Halo w/ you I won't use "pick up the sticks" because I wouldn't want a literal stick given to me. 

They are not gonna change it. Warzone is inspired by LoL which has the exact same mechanic, last shot gets the full score. Is it bullshit? of course, but Warzone is about as competitive as Action Sack so who really cares.

Warzone is nooooo where near the competitive game as LoL. It's a casual fun mode. The mechanics should change. 

So I got banned. Haven't ever quit a game without at least one other person quitting first, I wish that could be recognized. Anyway, the lack of content makes this game pretty boring already.

TBH you must have quit A LOT.  I've quit a bunch of matches for the same reason but I haven't been banned.

I wish they didn't get rid of BTB.  BTB as casual as it was, was fun to jump in and mess around and have FUN without trying.  It was also where all the dumb stuff happened that I loved going back in theater to watch.  Warzone is just shit.  343 has the terrible attitude of we know what's best and you're gonna like it or fuck off.

The Rig and Orion are some of the most cancerous maps I've ever played. Absolute dogshit maps.

I like Fathom, Plaza, Coliseum, Regret and Truth. Eden and Empire are okay, not my favorite. Pegasus sucks. The Rig and Orion are somewhere between The Cage and Epitaph in quality.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, a spartan just told me, "you're good with the rod"...

After I killed a spartan with a fuel rod fun.

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Rig and Orion are some of the most cancerous maps I've ever played. Absolute dogshit maps.

I like Fathom, Plaza, Coliseum, Regret and Truth. Eden and Empire are okay, not my favorite. Pegasus sucks. The Rig and Orion are somewhere between The Cage and Epitaph in quality.

I think Rig would be better if plasma caster didn't suck and if the basement nest area was possible to navigate without getting spawned on and melted. Right now those areas are massive death traps. 

The layout isn't too bad though. Orion is awful, I agree.

What bothers me the most is that Truth doesn't seem to be in any playlist aside from Team Arena, and Empire isn't in FFA. The game doesn't have a lot of maps right now, so what's the hold up in putting all the maps in all the playlists?

In fact, how did Orion get in TS and FFA when Truth didn't?

And as weird as it sounds, Pegasus might be one of the better FFA maps right now.

I see where he's coming from. While we don't need to incessantly praise 343 for literally every single thing they've been doing, and having fair criticism is more than valid (I'd go as far as calling it required) I think some people have been making things seem a lot worse than they are, and look at literally every tiny flaw in order to compile them and make the whole look worse than it is.

Don't get me wrong, I think there's a lot of room for improvement in Halo 5 in terms of mechanics and features, and I'm looking forward to Forge, other game modes, DLC, etc. I hate Orion with a passion. I also think FFA is awful and frustrating right now (and that's coming from someone who loves FFA to death). But as a whole, the game is still great. It's the first time in years that I have fun in default Halo. I hear people talk about BR starts and I just disagree right away because the game feels very balanced and fun as it is. You can tell a lot of work and balancing has gone into Halo 5. It just needs a bit more variety which can easily be achieved if we get together and talk about the things that can be corrected easily... but that's as long as we give feedback in the way that is worth listening to.

None of this is about being pro-343 or against them, but just about realizing that this game was made by people who worked on it for a long time, and have spent a lot of time with a pro team trying to make it as balanced and fun as possible. If we need to get feedback out there, it's important to explain the reasoning behind it and make sense, because by default, the opinion of a pro who has been spending years on the game we're talking about is more relevant that the opinion of a person on internet forums who has been frustrated with the franchise since Halo 2 or 3. The main problem is that a lot of people can't do so because they haven't even tried the game, and it just leads to stupid arguments based on historical data that's not necessarily applicable to Halo 5.

TL;DR - People need to understand what they're arguing for, be able to defend their stance with relevant information and a decent reasoning, and above all, not be a complete dick about it. No one likes spending hours on something just for it to get shit on. Imagine years.

It's always good to remember that Halo 5 is light years ahead of Halo 4 on literally every front and to think about how far 343 has come within that short amount of time. Sure, the feedback was there all along, but if it had been Bungie, we would have been told that we don't know jack shit, "hurr durr MLG pros!!" and that automatic starts with no precision weapon aren't that bad at all.

I haven't agreed with anything anyone has said on these forums more than I agree with this post.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1