CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Even in third person?

If so, it sounds like a glitch... maybe the gametypes in customs have an non-updated camo or something.

Yup, I checking it in Theater afterwards and my player became visible. 

Weird.

I'm putting on the tin foil hat (new emote?). Forgive me if I missed an announcement and this is all irrelevant.

Is the lack of social arena playlists (not just BTB) supposed to funnel everyone who doesn't necessarily want to try as hard as they can every single game into Warzone?

I don't want to be this paranoid. But if we ask 343 if there is a possibility of permanent, social arena playlists down the line, and they say something like "sure, if there is enough demand for it," I won't know what to think, as it is incredibly obvious that there has been massive demand for it (but not really, since it was there already) since Halo 3.

There needs to be a solo/duo queue and a separate queue for teams of 3 and 4. That's my biggest complaint. It's Reach all over again, getting perpetually smashed by teams of 4 going in solo. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Son..... Why have ranks fam?

they think having ranks and quick search times is what we want....like usual...they are wrong

343 revealed in one of their updates an emblem that people will get if they get an Onyx or Champion in a playlists

When will this happen? And where did they say it?

Weird.

So instead of checking for Sprint to be active, it just checks for player speed? Here's a thought: maybe they increased the maximum base speed by modifying the original cap instead of creating a new one, but they forgot to also change the speed the camo object checks for.

So if the max base speed is 110% what it used to be, then when you exceed the old max base speed, which is ~90.9% the new max speed, you will be kicked out of camo. In this way they could target Sprint, Thruster, and Slide at the same time. They just forgot to go back through the code.

they think having ranks and quick search times is what we want....like usual...they are wrong

3rd straight game of this. IDK how they haven't figured it out. No party restrictions devalues the ranks and forces you to search 4s. 

When will this happen? And where did they say it?

I don't know how to browse Waypoint, can't find the blog post. If someone else can find it, that'll be great. It's a crimson color emblem.

The ironic part of this assertion is that Josh/Frankie/whoever have provided almost zero technical insight into the problems of Halo or the processes by which they arise. It's always "our team did this", or "this is our general plan for this". Nothing substantial.

They have to dumb it down to your level  :kappa:

I don't know how to browse Waypoint, can't find the blog post. If someone else can find it, that'll be great. It's a crimson color emblem.

Was it this? If so, the award goes to anyone who got a rank, doesn't have to be a certain rank. "Seasons are a new competitive feature for Arena that gives you a chance to continuously challenge yourself while having the opportunity to earn monthly rewards. When Seasons debut later this year, your CSR in certain playlists will be reset and you will play your placement matches again. You get a fresh start each month to try to prove yourself in select Seasonal Arena playlists. This gives you a chance to top your performance from last season, and see how high of a rank you can achieve. Seasons will last for a month, and anybody who earns a CSR in a Seasonal Playlist will earn cosmetic rewards to commemorate the Season. (Here's a sneak peek at the emblem rewarded for the December season)"

Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena

Seasons are a new competitive feature for Arena that gives you a chance to continuously challenge yourself while having the opportunity to earn monthly rewards. When Seasons debut later this year, your CSR in certain playlists will be reset and you will play your placement matches again. You get a fresh start each month to try to prove yourself in select Seasonal Arena playlists. This gives you a chance to top your performance from last season, and see how high of a rank you can achieve. Seasons will last for a month, and anybody who earns a CSR in a Seasonal Playlist will earn cosmetic rewards to commemorate the Season. (Here's a sneak peek at the emblem rewarded for the December season)    banner-banner-f261c60b26d944ce9c2693521f

So it seems like it will be different every season

Weird.

Maybe there's supposed to be "Poor" and "Good" Camo options but 343 forgot to add the "Good" Camo option.

Maybe there's supposed to be "Poor" and "Good" Camo options but 343 forgot to add the "Good" Camo option.

Legendary camo in upcoming FREE DLC! *

*Warzone only

• Upvote (+1) 2

You think that's what happened with the maps too?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone else's CSR in onyx locked??? I keep winning and it just stays the same. 

You cant go up in FFA unless you win against people higher than you, had that problem one night. 4 games got 1st-3rd and went down 20.

Learned some pretty sweet jump tricks at launch.  :halo:

As cool as this is....it's one of my gripes about the game...map positioning and power positions get devalued because you can fly through the air doing stuff like this...

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As cool as this is....it's one of my gripes about the game...map positioning and power positions get devalued because you can fly through the air doing stuff like this...

The chances of anyone pulling off all those moves in a game without getting killed is extremely low. If anyone does actually pull it off, especially as fast as Clicked was, that's the other teams fault for not holding down the map well enough.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hate that you need stabilizers to do so many jumps. You have to sacrifice jump shooting for jumps and that's really stupid. So now, based on control settings, you have really big advantages and disadvantages.

• Upvote (+1) 1

because you wont get mauled by everyone as you slowly float across the middle of the map or anything.

The chances of anyone pulling off all those moves in a game without getting killed is extremely low. If anyone does actually pull it off, especially as fast as Clicked was, that's the other teams fault for not holding down the map well enough.

Not necessarily that move out in the middle of the maps...but there will be some other ones where someone will just superman it from point A to point B...